Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(49 Posts)
12Michael Sat 08-Feb-20 06:21:50

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but its been raining here in Brackley overnight.
Today will do usual Buckingham and Bicester on the buses.
I am not expecting there to be a flea market in Buckingham , if the forecast is right.
Mick

gillybob Sat 08-Feb-20 09:19:27

Good morning from the NE coast where it is a dull start to Saturday. Weather forecast predicts storms for tomorrow .

Yesterday was much the same as usual, “that place” then took my dad shopping and for a coffee as is his favourite routine .

I am having Evie over night tonight and all day tomorrow as my DD has been forced to do an early open and it’s easier just to have her here than dragging her out of bed at stupid o’clock . I will sleep in the children’s room with Evie in her travel cot as DH is awful during the night.

So pleased that’s another chemo session ticked off for you Dragonfly hope you have a good day today .
Also happy to hear that your DH is doing so well and might be home sooner than expected Pantglas .
Good luck with your appointment Scentia do be careful walking back .

Hope Saturday is kind to us all.

Love Gillybob xx

Nortsat46 Sat 08-Feb-20 09:23:03

Good morning Mick and the GM team.
Hope all goes well for your DH coming home Pantglas, he will need chamberpots of morning tea!
Wishing you a lovely day dragonfly.
Marydoll, we have had good experiences with Bosch dishwashers and they offer v good after sales service.
Best wishes to the gillybobs.

I am still working through combinations of medication, to find one that manages my pain. Feeling a bit glum.

Good thoughts to all, especially those in sickbay and those facing challenges. ?

Grammaretto Sat 08-Feb-20 09:23:11

Good morning from the Scottish Borders. I was expecting snow but have been out picking snowdrops. Blue sky and no wind.
Let's hope momb is safe in Glencoe.

Marydoll, I don't recommend my Indesit. It was cheap but doesn't get the dishes clean maybe I need to read the instructions

Community cafe and messages this morning. DH hand looks horrible where he cut it so I shall be nurse.
I am so grateful to GN for helping me to reduce my phone bill.
Have a happy day everyone as best you can

Taichinan Sat 08-Feb-20 09:29:29

Good morning everyone. It's a lovely morning here in Angus - I wish I didn't know the weather forecast! Lovely time yesterday doing a little tai chi at the Day Centre but sad to see a lady I used to go hill walking with is now quite frail and has dementia. She joined us doing the moves though - as did the lady who is 103 years! Nothing planned for this weekend so will just enjoy remembering last weekend when I went with daughter and teenage GDs to see The Lion King in Edinburgh - an amazing show! Take care everybody and stay cosy and safe.

Alygran Sat 08-Feb-20 09:33:48

Good morning from North Yorkshire. We have blue sky and it’s calm so far.
Today I have to sort out what needs keeping on the laptop as I am getting a new hard drive next week. The laptop was DH’s so there’s lots of his “stuff” randomly saved.
Hope you feel ok Dragonfly . Glad to hear you will get your line for next time.
Thinking of all those with struggles.
Hope today is kind to everyone.

Marydoll Sat 08-Feb-20 09:36:31

Thanks Grammaretto. I have decided to avoid anything manufactured by Hotpoint after all the bad publicity about washing machines and tumble dryers.
I know a dishwasher isn't a necessity, but my hands are so painful just now, it makes life so much easier.

I'm still in bed, so unlike me, but I must get up. I have been watching Gemporia and I can feel myself being seduced by the glittery, sparkly rings. grin.

Urmstongran Sat 08-Feb-20 09:41:37

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s mild and dry. At least if the storm arrives tonight for tomorrow most people will be at home and the commuters safe. I’m always scared of the high winds.

No plans for me today. Like you harrigran happy to hunker down. Oh just remembered it’s my book club on Wednesday night and I have ‘Pride & Prejudice’ to get cracking on with! Not like me to be last minute. It gives me an excuse eh, to be ‘busy doing nothing’!

Hope your hospital appointment goes well Scentia I seem to recall you were worried as the optician has referred you?

Excellent news from you Pantglas. Years ago your husband would have stayed on the ward for a fortnight, as routine!

I know you love having little Evie gillybob. Your family rely on you so much please take time out today to sit and rest (and play!).

dragonfly I think you are amazing in your outlook and hope you enjoy today.

Hope Saturday is kind to us all whether we have plans or, like me, none. x

Oopsadaisy3 Sat 08-Feb-20 09:43:40

Good morning everybody, late night last night, so not quite awake yet. Dull day here in Oxfordshire, no wind yet.
I’ve just pulled a tissue out of the box and a whole load of bits of fluffy paper has come out with it, so I’m off to get the hoover out, as I only hoovered last night before some people came over for supper it’s something I didn’t reall want to do, but the bits have gone everywhere!
Have a good day everybody, are we all battening down the hatches? Candles are ready ....

GrannyGravy13 Sat 08-Feb-20 09:46:40

Goodmorning Mick and all x

It is grey and very still here in SE Essex, it has rained overnight.

On Grannie duty this evening, looking forward to
cuddles.

Marydoll we have a Bosch dishwasher, it has been fine.

Wishing all those in sick bay have a peaceful day.

aggie Sat 08-Feb-20 09:54:46

Morning all , I am in Edinburgh on my holidays , DD1 and I are over to help with childcare as it is half term .
It is a lovely day here so far , waiting with bated breath for the storm
Marydoll another vote for Bosch dishwasher , I have one and it is so much better than the one here

moggie Sat 08-Feb-20 09:56:50

Good morning Mick & all from dry, calm Nottingham.
Had a nice catch up with my youngest sister y’day.
Dog sitting this afternoon for DD.
Hope your appointment goes well scentia & your DH home soon pantglas
Thoughts with gillybob, Dragonfly & Marydoll
Hope all not well or struggling have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

Newquay Sat 08-Feb-20 10:30:00

Late start for me in lovely sunny Staffs after being awake too early so just turned over about 7am.
I had eye drops too Scentia-have floaters and flashes-the rest of the day passed in a blurry haze so be careful walking home!
Oopsadaisy we had a hand hoover for joint gift one year from DDs-absolutely brilliant for little jobs like that.
Thinking of all on “sick list”.
Am going out for a walk soon while weather’s still good.
Hope Mumofmadboys will be ok in Glencoe this weekend-and others too in Scotland.

EllanVannin Sat 08-Feb-20 10:45:53

Good Morning All x

Lovely and sunny on the Costa Mersey, though I expect this is now the calm before the storm where the waves will be lashing over the sea wall later or tomorrow. It's hard to imagine the change that's coming right now.

Hoovered all around this morning after I'd let the cats out as they're terrified of it and it makes it awkward to hoover when they're all asleep as I don't like disturbing them. Got the bedding on the go in the washing machine so hopefully that'll dry outside in the sun and slight breeze.

Got a chicken to cook for tomorrow so will get that done in case there's a break in the power tomorrow. At least I can have chicken sandwiches if the power is affected smile

Thoughts to those of you who aren't too grand and to Gillybob whose work is never done, she reminds me of my own daughter.

Hang on to your hats everyone else. Stay safe xx

Kalu Sat 08-Feb-20 11:07:14

Good morning from Perthshire where it’s already blowing a hoolie and anything which may take flight into the loch has been secured!

Having lunch with neighbours at a lovely restaurant in the village, cosy fire there which will be appreciated today.

Best wishes to all who are struggling my thoughts are always with you. Have a pleasant day everyone and stay safe.

QuaintIrene Sat 08-Feb-20 11:38:15

Update. Little cat is home. It’s her heart. Nothing can be done. But she is snuggled in bed and will soon feel better when her fluid injection kicks in, she was dehydrated.
Love to all x

dragonfly46 Sat 08-Feb-20 12:04:34

AuntieFlo we have just replaced all the lights in our sitting room with non replaceable LED lights. I worked out how long they would last and they will see us out!!

Marydoll Sat 08-Feb-20 12:14:10

We have gradually been doing the same, Auntieflo.
I'm no longer interested in 25 year guarantees!?

annsixty Sat 08-Feb-20 12:22:12

I am no longer interested in 5 year guarantees!!

Marydoll Sat 08-Feb-20 12:37:26

Oh Anne! ?

Charleygirl5 Sat 08-Feb-20 12:58:52

Marydoll I apparently have one of the latest Bosch dishwashers on the market but I did not go for the most expensive! It is so quiet I have to check it is actually working by looking for the timer.

Anything I replace now is "for the last time" but my landline Panasonic let me down big style not surviving 2 years.

ann I hope to have a longer sell ny date than 5 years!

Auntieflo Sat 08-Feb-20 13:47:03

Marydoll we have a Miele dishwasher, and it is brilliant, ( and it matches the washing machine)
Dragonflyand Marydoll, hope your LED lights last for ever! ???
We have LED bulbs, mostly everywhere, it was just the thought of the whole light fitting needing to be replaced. Knowing our luck I wouldn't find anything I liked as much.

Megs36 Sat 08-Feb-20 15:19:56

Annsixty, don’t say that, I try to stay positive , thinking of friend celebrating her 90th next week and looking to the future all the time.

GrannySomerset Sat 08-Feb-20 19:09:30

When we redid kitchen we had LED lights supposed to last ten years. They didn’t, and have replaced them with ones which take replacement bulbs (and bought a stock of them). Very frustrating and annoying.