Gransnet forums

Chat

Divorced.Remarried.o r still with your first love

(82 Posts)
harrigran Tue 11-Feb-20 08:49:53

I am still with my first love 57 years on.
None of my friends or family have divorced.

annsixty Tue 11-Feb-20 08:41:49

I married at 21 to my first proper boy friend , we were married for over 60 years until he died.
My 2 children now 54 and 50 both have broken marriages, one divorced, one separated for over 5 years.
Few of my friends and family are divorced but like me several, in fact most , have divorce in their families.

craftergran Tue 11-Feb-20 08:39:32

Remarried. Both myself and DH were married for a considerable time to other people. I thought I'd never remarry until I met DH.

BlueSapphire Tue 11-Feb-20 08:36:31

Not with my first love as the 'rat' had no intention of marrying me, but was with my darling DH (who I met the year after the rat and I split) for 49 years until he died nearly two years ago. Not looking for anyone else.

M0nica Tue 11-Feb-20 08:30:14

Not with first love, but certainly with first and only and for ever husband. Very few of my family or friends are divorced. Since we have known most of them since they were first married or even as children, there has been no self selection in the process.

TwiceAsNice Tue 11-Feb-20 08:26:10

Divorced after one very difficult marriage. Completely traumatised by the time I left. Would NEVER consider marrying again.I try and learn from my mistakes!!

TrendyNannie6 Tue 11-Feb-20 08:23:19

Having a conversation with some friends last week, we were discussing how many of us have been divorced, we are four friends in our fifties and sixties, all four of us have remarried, one friend on her third marriage, not one of us could think of any other friends that were still with their first loves,