Gransnet forums

Chat

" This is me"

(10 Posts)
blossom14 Tue 11-Feb-20 20:12:31

I have been singing this today as it is one of our Rock Choir arrangements.
One young acquaintance I know has been going through gruelling cancer treatment and I understand they use this song as their anthem of encouragement.

chrisdal Tue 11-Feb-20 19:42:02

Thank you everyone for all your kind comments and good wishes
Chris

MiniMoon Tue 11-Feb-20 15:30:49

It's a great song it sums up what we all feel sometimes. It resonates with me be cause my family are different, and struggle with personal and social interactions. I'm pleased that it has given you strength Chrisdal.
youtu.be/Rj4Yu9Utdw0

MissAdventure Tue 11-Feb-20 15:29:23

Don't mind me. Wrong song I was thinking of. blush

Smileless2012 Tue 11-Feb-20 15:26:00

An uplifting post chrisdal. Good for you and all the very best for the futuresmile.

Oopsminty Tue 11-Feb-20 15:23:19

I think it's the song from The Greatest Showman

Fabulous song from a fabulous film

MissAdventure Tue 11-Feb-20 15:18:31

Is that the song by Shirley Bassey?

annep1 Tue 11-Feb-20 15:17:43

I've just read the lyrics. Very empowering words. Thank you.
Wishing you a bright future Chrisdal

M0nica Tue 11-Feb-20 15:14:44

Good luck and best wishes.

chrisdal Tue 11-Feb-20 14:58:44

This song resonates so much with me now. After losing my man three years ago, I am tired of trying to please family , who have tried succesfuly take advantage of me financialy and emotionaly ,thinking I was vulnerable , which was true.

Finally I have found the courage to learn to say no and put myself first , after realising that it was all a one way direction with those I trusted and was closest to.
It hurts to accept the truth but now I feel much more contented , without guilt , and look forward to a brighter future, not sure how it will work out. I intend to make the most of every day, god willing.

To any of you that are struggling with similar issues, I hope this helps you to find the courage to say no and find your own peace of mind. best wishes x