Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(52 Posts)
12Michael Thu 13-Feb-20 06:11:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, and its rained overnight here in Brackley,.
Today, will see a bus trip to Buckingham and Bicester , with some shopping and coffee plus.
Mind you unlike most areas further north ,have escaped, any snow but if following few days forecast are right ?
Mick

ann678tifney Thu 13-Feb-20 12:01:17

Good morning all from a damp and miserable NE. Have decided to take my husband out for a meal tonight. Don't normally do Valentines day celebrations, partly because of the expense, but will be cheaper tonight. My birthday is this month, and as I don't do parties, I said I wanted all the family to go away together, so thats what we are doing, first time in a long time we will all be together, and yesterday my grandson and his girlfriend got the good news that their celebration for the adoption of their daughter is the day before we go away, so it will be something else to celebrate. Hope everyone who is feeling unwell feels better soon

Jaan12 Thu 13-Feb-20 11:55:59

Another day of cold and rain here in F ife. Took the chance to get out yesterday when it was dry and sunny but very cold. Went into town, did some shopping in the supermarket and had a welcome cup of hot chocolate in a cafe. Will have to stay in today but there are always plenty things to do including housework, painting, crafts and others. Hope everyone has a good day.

BladeAnnie Thu 13-Feb-20 11:43:51

A late good morning from an overcast mid-Notts. A quiet day here BUT do have to pay the balance on our forthcoming wedding. Three months tomorrow DOH and I (and our combined offspring) are running away to Gretna Green. So enxcited!! Sending love and special thoughts to our friends going through difficult times x

Applegran Thu 13-Feb-20 11:40:52

Hello everyone and especial thoughts to those who are facing ill health or other difficulities.
This morning in Somerset it was raining when I wanted to go out for my walk - so I put on a Buddy Holly CD and danced for half an hour! It felt great! Then the rain had stopped, so I went out for a walk anyway. Later will go out to buy some saucepans - hard to know which ones are really good and worth the money. But I'll enjoy having nice new ones.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 13-Feb-20 11:00:43

Urmstongran you best take some vitamins and lots of caffeine!!!!

We are on half-term duty next week, and I feel tired thinking about it.

EllanVannin Thu 13-Feb-20 10:58:22

Good Morning All x
Fine so far and another calm before the storm.
Another stew on the go but this time it's shin beef, beginning of the week it was chicken soup. I can do other things when it's just a meal like this. I've even mopped the kitchen and bathroom this morning !

Must make sure I don't need anything before this next set of storms as I won't be venturing out in it. Brace yourselves smile
"Teen-style" foods for next week as my GGC will be coming to me for their dinners next week during half-term as because they're staying with my D, she'll be at work and it's too long a day to leave them.

Healing thoughts to those who aren't feeling too clever and hope that things improve for you.
Thinking of Dragonfly,Marydoll and the Gillybobs xx.

Auntieflo Thu 13-Feb-20 10:41:21

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all.
I had an early-ish, Dr's appointment, and when I went out, it was windy, but dry. The Dr was running late, and when I came home, it was raining, again. He gave me a form to get an X-ray done, so that's the afternoon sorted out.
My lovely neighbour managed to get the broken bulb out of our microwave, and we have ordered a replacement. I did phone Panasonic, but they couldn't/ wouldn't give me the part number. Hooray for Amazon.
Best wishes to SCENTIA , and to all who are feeling unwell, keep warm and safe.
GILLY, hope you didn't freeze, going into work, and another vote for you winning the lottery. ?
Have a good day one and all.

Kalu Thu 13-Feb-20 10:35:28

Good morning all from a chilly, breezy Glasgow

Lunch at DD1s later then we are going to,look at carpeting. She has more or less chosen but would like me along for a second opinion. Fingers crossed it’s a yes and we don’t have to start looking at everything in the shop?

A bit of a respite from snow today, so far?

Best wishes to all in the sick bay and a pleasant day, if possible, to all.

DoraMarr Thu 13-Feb-20 10:10:55

MiniMoon did you have too much covfefe?

MiniMoon Thu 13-Feb-20 10:05:45

How did covering become coceringftge? ?

MiniMoon Thu 13-Feb-20 10:03:17

Good morning all, from a snowy corner of west Northumberland. It started about 8 am, very light, but coceringftge ground quite nicely now.
Son is coming for a lamb curry, I don't expect he'll have any problems getting here, it's only about 4 miles, and it's on an A road.
Have a good day all.

QuaintIrene Thu 13-Feb-20 09:34:21

Good idea Gillybob. ?

NannyJan53 Thu 13-Feb-20 09:32:38

Thank you NanKate I think it is just a head cold, as didn't have the usual sore throat. 43 years in the same house! I think the longest time I spent in one place was 20 years when I lived in Lichfield. I have also lived in Essex (near Clacton on Sea) Wolverhampton, Walsall, Wordsley and Kingswinford.

Urmstongran Thu 13-Feb-20 09:32:34

Sat with a cuppa now. The breakfast cafe is closed. Porridge and jammy toast were requested. The 7y old wanted to stir the porridge, the 3y old spread the jam while jiggling about to ‘GummyBears’ song on YouTube!

We played hide and seek in the playroom (no I can’t find you). I looked at the clock just now, can’t believe we’ve only been here 2hours! Units of time ...
?❤️

GrannyGravy13 Thu 13-Feb-20 09:20:01

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Woke up to find GS getting into bed beside me, all sniffly and coughing he went back to sleep and I had to wake him up at 8am for school. Dippy egg, marmite toast and a dose of nurofen and he Scooted off to school with GrandpaGravy following!!!

The lovely bright blue sky has been replaced with menacing clouds so I guess the rain will return soon.

Nothing planned for today, might just have a lazy one.

Thinking of scentia, Dragonfly Lins and any other Goodmorningers feeling poorly.

Gillybob I would be so happy for you if you were to win the lottery.

Keep warm and safe folks x

Nannytopsy Thu 13-Feb-20 09:17:40

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
We too had a very wet night but blue skies now in Suffolk. It won’t last!
Our garden is looking very strange and bare now that the tree surgeon has done his stuff. I am very excited to make a start on the new beds and doing some planting, once Dennis has been and gone.
Hope today is kind to everyone

moggie Thu 13-Feb-20 09:10:52

Good morning from bright, dry at the moment Nottingham after heavy overnight rain.
Catch up day after my 2 days at work.
Best wishes for your appointment scentia
& all not well or struggling have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

Anniebach Thu 13-Feb-20 09:00:25

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Alygran Thu 13-Feb-20 08:59:02

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s been raining much of the night and it’s still going! The local flooding isn’t much better and I think the river may return to the road again.
Heading up the dale today to meet a friend and former colleague for lunch. Other than that the usual winter activities of reading and knitting.
Hope the appointment is ok Scentia. To everyone on the sick list I hope today brings some improvement.
Have a good day everyone.

Nortsat46 Thu 13-Feb-20 08:52:45

Good morning Mick and the GM team.
Thinking about Scentia, Gillybob, Dragonfly and all with worries and challenges today.

I am waiting for a call from my GP and yet more adjustments to my meds.
I have nothing exciting or interesting to report.

Have a good day all. ?

gillybob Thu 13-Feb-20 08:49:45

Good morning from a very wet North East coast. We have had torrential rain over night and it’s still raining . Better than the white stuff though . Fortunately living so close to the sea we rarely get snow lying .

Thinking of all the poorly and worried people this morning especially Scentia, I do hope your scan results are nothing to worry about.

Do you have a list of the missing books QuaintIrene ? Maybe someone on Gransnet might have them ? Maybe worth starting a thread or even just popping it on here.

I really miss my Pilates class Mapleleaf . I must find another one when things settle down a bit here . Enjoy.

Not sure if I have DGD2 today as DS said he would let me know first thing . Just getting ready to go to “that place” . It’s always freezing when I go in as the office is all closed up. I usually sit in the workshop with my cuppa until the chill wears off. Wish I could win the lottery and never have to see it again, ever.

Hoping we all see some much needed sunshine soon.

Take care and keep warm everyone .

Love Gillybob x

cornergran Thu 13-Feb-20 08:39:02

Morning Mick, morning All. Must have been very wet overnight in our corner of Somerset as the puddles have joined up to make a lake. Still raining, not hard though. Catch up day today and a visit from a carpenter (we hope), considering new doors. Special thoughts for scentia and those with concerns of any kind. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

MawB Thu 13-Feb-20 08:34:24

Good morning all from N Bucks.
The rain seems to have stopped -for now- so perhaps it will be a nice day.
I have TAS (NADFAS as was) this morning and Art History this afternoon, so my day is pretty much mapped out for me.
(But with a giant lump of greyhound snuggled up beside me I am finding it hard to get up)
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

Mapleleaf Thu 13-Feb-20 08:31:32

Good morning everyone,

It's bright and sunny at the moment, but the roads are wet so I think it has rained/sleeved through the night.

Hope all goes well at the hospital today, Scentia ?.

Pilates class today for me which I'm really enjoying- this will be my fourth session.

Thinking of all of you with health issues and troubles and hope today brings a little ?.

Keep warm folks.

conor Thu 13-Feb-20 08:29:23

Good morning from a bright Essex. My school volunteering day today and looking forward to going out for dinner with my DS this evening. It is very late Xmas present but we couldnt find a day before this. We usually do this once a year and he has to talk to me!!!! Wishing everyone with worries or troubles a brighter day xxxx