Gransnet forums

Chat

Conspiracy theories

(79 Posts)
Daddima Fri 14-Feb-20 14:08:08

Alex Jones is always good for a conspiracy theory or two! I worked with a fellow who constantly tried to convince us that the Sandy Hook shooting was staged. He also maintained that it was MI6 who assassinated Lord Mountbatten, because he was involved in anti-government plotting!

anniezzz09 Fri 14-Feb-20 13:52:46

I've got better things to fill my little 'ol brain with, who cares!? Unless they're being taught to children that is, eg. creationism.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 14-Feb-20 13:13:11

Vampirequeen some of the conspiracy theories seem more credible than many news items in the tabloids.

vampirequeen Fri 14-Feb-20 12:53:32

I absolutely love a good conspiracy theory. The more bizarre the better. My favourite atm is that ancient aliens were so technologically advanced compared to early man that they were mistaken for gods and the reason that we can't find the missing link is that it was created in an alien laboratory when they spliced hominid genes with their own.

I'm also keen on the JFK shooter on the grassy knoll, astronauts saw aliens and their bases on the Moon and that we actually don't exist other than as part of an alien simulator computer programme.

I don't believe any of them but they're fun and tbh just as reasonable in some ways as what we've been told is the 'truth'

Do you have a favourite conspiracy theory?