Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(78 Posts)
12Michael Sat 15-Feb-20 06:09:06

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , wet and with a bit of wind here in Brackley this morning.
Tempted to do my usual day bus trip to Buckingham and Bicester , but will see if changes occur between now and around 0830.
If not easy day at home .
Mick

Taichinan Sat 15-Feb-20 08:44:22

Good morning everyone. Mommawolf, your big family breakfast sounds wonderful. It's grey and windy here in Angus but we'll miss the worst of the rain. Could do with a wee bit of sunshine! A nothing day for me, just keeping cosy. Hope all in the teeth of Dennis stay safe and dry.

EllanVannin Sat 15-Feb-20 08:45:39

Mommawolf what a lovely family household. That's living !

Enjoy your Birthday Brunette10---many of 'em.

Auntieflo Sat 15-Feb-20 08:53:34

Good morning Michael, Annie, to come and all others.
It looks windy outside and has been raining. We are meeting friends for coffee, so hope we can still make it, as it's a long time since we have had a good catch up.
Mommawolf, I think there's going to be a coach load of GN's in your kitchen shortly, by the sounds of it. Your descriptions are wonderful. You need to write a book!
I did our shopping yesterday, so hope there is nothing I have forgotten. The fridge and freezer are both full, so we won't starve.
Happy birthday Brunette.
To Gillybob, Marydoll, Dragonfly , Baggs, and all who have had, or are having troubles, take care if yourselves.
Have a good weekend one and all.

Marydoll Sat 15-Feb-20 08:53:56

Good morning all, form a very wet and wild Glasgow, but not too cold.

I have a wedding dress fitting with DD today, the last one I hope.
I had to go back to bed, as I'm feeling under the weather, hopefully I will pick up as the day goes on.

Mommawolf, you could write a book about your family life, a bit like All creatures great and small, you would make a fortune with your stories. grin

Have a lovely day with your family, Brunette!.

Ginny42 Sat 15-Feb-20 08:54:35

Good morning Mick and everyone from a grey and wet part of Cheshire. Not windy yet, although I can't imagine Easyjet cancelling so many flights without good cause so it must be on the way.

Yesterday had a text from my friend asking me to remind her what our plans for Sunday are. I said some around 3 as Dennis will hopefully have gone by then and we could go for a walk. She sent back- 'Who's Dennis? Are you having some jobs done?' I said I hope I don't need any jobs done after he's gone.

After a muddy walk in the woods I'm going deep clean the bathroom. I get wet through as I have to reach up to the skylights with an extending contraption and soapy water.

Hope everyone gets through the day unscathed and those on the poorly list have a better day. Have a lovely birthday Brunette.

Urmstongran Sat 15-Feb-20 08:59:22

Good morning everyone from a wet South Manchester. We have no plans but after a busy (albeit enjoyable) half term week I’m not complaining! I might start the jigsaw that has been sat on the table since last weekend. Or sort out some favourite photos to make a montage to put in the frame I bought, oh about six months ago.....
?

corner I had to look up the word ‘fluvian’ as although in the mists of time I had come across it, I needed to check ha!

Happy Birthday Brunette10! ??

Mommawolf I’m another who especially looks out for your posts to enjoy and this morning’s was stellar - like an episode of ‘Darling Buds of May’! Perfick. I’d like to be in your kitchen too so Curlywirly it makes more sense geographically for me to pick you up then we’ll both go on to fetch glamorous hair-do BlueSapphire. I’d better run a brush through mine first ....

What a lovely thread this morning - so joyful. I’m glad to hear you’re looking at flights to Spain Pantglas - we are too!

Hope Saturday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Curlywhirly Sat 15-Feb-20 09:07:00

Urmstongran that's a relief, you're driving, the furthest I have ever driven is to Nottingham! Norfolk here we come ?

harrigran Sat 15-Feb-20 09:26:47

Good morning from the NE where it is relatively calm so far.
A quiet day with the newspapers for me and some of my homemade carrot soup with freshly baked buns because you have set me off now Mommawolf.
Happy birthday Brunette.
Best wishes to those on the sick list.

Lins1066 Sat 15-Feb-20 09:30:06

Good Morning Mick and all. It is dry here on the S Welsh coast at the moment but we are in the amber zone for Storm Dennis. We are going out for lunch today so I hope the roads won't be too bad.
Happy Birthdaday Brunette10 ??
Sounds joyous chaos in Mommawolf's kitchen, room for a little one??
Hope that everyone will have a good day and thinking of those will worries and woes. Hope you are feeling a bit better dragonfly

GrannyGravy13 Sat 15-Feb-20 09:37:01

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Grey here in SE Essex, not much planned today other than popping down to the butchers and local supermarket.

Happy Birthday Brunette ??

Keep warm, dry and safe folks x

gillybob Sat 15-Feb-20 09:43:28

Oh so shall I just drive down and meet you all there then? If I set off now I should be there by tea time . Don’t scoff all the homemade bread before I get there grin

Now where did I put those wellies?

DoraMarr Sat 15-Feb-20 09:49:17

Good (late) morning from Birmingham, where, as expected, it’s very wet and wild. I’m having another cup of tea after while my grandson plays with the doll’s house. He was up at 7.30, and we’ve made a boat out of a cardboard box with wooden spoons for oars, read “Dogger”, twice, and a book about baby animals, looked up “lion cubs’ on the internet, he helped me make a huge amount of porridge which he has eaten with two Babybel and strawberries on the side, and he’s reluctantly brushed his teeth. We may venture out in a while to the Arts Centre for a coffee and a babyccino, just to get out.
Mommawolf, your kitchenful sounds lovely!

conor Sat 15-Feb-20 09:51:07

Good morning from a threatening sky Essex. Dry at the moment but who knows what is waiting in the wings! Was going to stay home today but some friends have suggested lunch out in a country pub with our recently bereaved friend so couldn't say no. Expect we will be there all afternoon or if the storm comes we may have to stay there. I could think of worse places to be stranded!! Stay safe everyone and really hope thatsunshineis not too far away xxx

Anniebach Sat 15-Feb-20 09:54:22

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 15-Feb-20 10:03:28

Good morning from east London, dry, cloudy and trees dancing outside. Just hope the brunt of this storm isn’t saving itself for tomorrow when we travel. Then again, DS is due back today from Chichester so hope his plans don’t get too disrupted. He did say he was sorry he couldn’t come up to Northumberland as he didn’t have enough time off; that was a slight relief as there isn’t room in the car for him and just noticed my senior rail card has expired. Off to Gallions reach today to see if the sofa DP liked in the next sale is still available. The question which has been much discussed is if we get a new sofa, which old one goes. Then I’ve got Christmas presents to wrap for DB1’s family (do I get a prize for being so late) ready to take up north tomorrow. Have a good day.

MawB Sat 15-Feb-20 10:05:15

Good morning all
I am just reading DoraMarr and thinking how when you have the grandchildren, you put in a full day’s work and it’s still only 9.30!
Happy Birthday Brunette10 - I hope Dennis doesn’t blow all your candles out before you can make your wish. May I join the charabanc to chez Mommawolf - just reading your description of your breakfast has probably taken up all my calorie allocation for today.
I have been fretting here about whether DD1 and family have managed to fly to wherever it is they are going skiing for half term, and about DD2 and family flying home tomorrow from Merica. I sometimes just want to sleep through times like these.
It may be wild and windy here, but this was Merica last week!
Battening down hatches - keep safe all and wishing you all a pleasant day!

Urmstongran Sat 15-Feb-20 10:06:51

gillybob ?

QuaintIrene Sat 15-Feb-20 10:08:19

Good morning everyone. Horrible wet windy day in West Yorkshire.
Happy Birthday Brunette10 ?
I think you should consider being filmed like the Yorkshire Shepherdess, Mommawolf it would be lovely ! I want to see the alpacas, especially.
Little cat no change. Not worse either, shall see what next week brings.
Going to make a pot of coffee and get showered, may put pjs on, or should I say “loungewear “ comfy and warm anyway.
Love to all who are ill or troubled and have a safe, hopefully dry day everyone ?

Urmstongran Sat 15-Feb-20 10:12:00

See you in Norfolk later Maw!
Spectacular photo. We are lucky though aren’t we to live in a (mostly) temperate climate - not much in the way of extreme weather here! - says I as Dennis approaches....
?

NannyJan53 Sat 15-Feb-20 10:16:30

Good Morning from a wet and windy Black Country.

Had a lovely meal last night, with Prosecco! Hence late getting up this morning as I am not a big drinker.

Looks like a weekend of staying in and pottering/reading/baking, as I don't fancy going out in this weather.

Ginny grin

Love your posts too Mommawolf sounds an idyllic life

Stay safe everyone

moggie Sat 15-Feb-20 10:21:49

Good morning Mick & all from wet & windy Nottingham.
No plans today.
Late to bed last night went to the Malt Cross bar & cafe in Nottingham to see a local group, lovely old Victorian music hall now renovated & run by a charity.
Love reading your posts mommawolf
Happy Birthday Brunette10
Best wishes to all not feeling well or struggling.
Have a good day everyone.

vena11 Sat 15-Feb-20 10:22:53

Good morning all.
I want come to Mommawolfs house please,I can set of now, see you all there.
Stay safe everyone.

BlueSapphire Sat 15-Feb-20 10:52:43

Anyone got the wine for the party at Mommawolf's? I can bring a coup!e of bottles. And some orange gin and raspberry vodka.

Kalu Sat 15-Feb-20 10:53:02

Good morning from a very wet Glasgow. Not windy here yet but I’m sure that will all change

Your menfolk will need that hearty breakfast with the job ahead Mommawolf. Sounds like a great family get together with everyone doing there bit.

Happy Birthday Brunette ?? Enjoy your day.

I noticed it was pretty mild last night and couldn’t resist wrapping up to sit outside with a coffee. Just 15 mins. lifted my spirits. Breathing the night air and a quick scan around the garden was the perfect antidote to being stuck indoors so much at this time of year.

Have a pleasant day all.

Brunette10 Sat 15-Feb-20 10:54:06

It's started raining here now in Fife and the wind is picking up. Just wanted to say a big 'thank you' for all my birthday wishes. It means a lot. Heading off very soon to DD's - maybe we won't get back if the storm turn very nasty. wink Thank you everyone!!!