Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(51 Posts)
12Michael Mon 17-Feb-20 06:10:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but I see a crescent moon this morning despite wind and rain as well. here in Brackley.
Easy day today , maybe do some admin sort out last years and start to put this years important bits in file.
Seeing pictures on TV as damage thanks to the storm, with rising river levels as well, effecting road and rail .
Lets hope with spring around the corner better weather .
Mick

EllanVannin Mon 17-Feb-20 11:31:39

Good Morning All x
Sunny dry and breezy and that breeze is a bit nippy too but I should complain----what about the poor souls under water in their homes and businesses ? I feel so sorry for all those who've suffered the floods. What a disaster.

Bed-changing and washing on so hoping for a decent day to hang it out then a bit of tidying up. Still haven't got a shredder yet to get rid of all the paperwork that keeps mounting up. Where does it all come from ?

Will probably see GGC this week as it's half-term so will have to get some " kids stuff " food in, pizzas/ chicken dippers etc----all alien to me.

What a life for Gillybob, you're in it for the long-haul girl xx
Next Monday won't come quick enough for you. However I hope it goes ahead. See to yourself as well.

Thoughts to those who aren't so clever today, look after yourselves. Whatever you all get up to, take care.

conor Mon 17-Feb-20 10:08:40

Good morning from a sunny Essex. Didn't recognise what was in the sky but so good to see it. Must crack on with housework and sorting today as have a busy week(not Gillybob busy!!) Hope everyone manages a good day xxxx

Urmstongran Mon 17-Feb-20 09:29:03

P.s. Anniebach I’m glad to hear you’re feeling less upset today. Hopefully a better day for you. No apologies needed dear lady although it was certainly thoughtful of you to explain yesterday’s comment. x

Pantglas2 Mon 17-Feb-20 09:28:26

A late-for-me good morning from blustery but bright north Wales where I’ve been pegging washing out, putting the bins out and generally running around after DH!

To be fair, he’s doing very well on his crutches, just a bit slow when I’m trying to get everything done before I trot off for some shopping. DD and GCs coming over for tea and cake after lunch so need to get a wiggle on, as one of you GNetters says!

Hope you feel better soon Gillybob - and Mr Gillybob has another week to get up to speed for his op - such trying times when our loved ones are unwell x

Have a good day anniebach and all with worries, weather related or not x

moggie Mon 17-Feb-20 09:27:15

Good morning Mick & all from dry & windy Nottingham, a lot calmer than the weekend.
Hope that’s the last of bad weather for all those poor folk affected by floods.
Some washing & ironing to do, stew in slow cooker.
New born lambs mommawolf, how lovely
Take care gillybob, hope countdown week goes well & your DH gets his op. Have you had an appointment date for yourself?
Hope all not well or struggling have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

harrigran Mon 17-Feb-20 09:25:44

Good morning from a blustery NE.
Been a bit of a wild night but wore my earplugs.
A day at home and then DH is going to a lecture this evening while I stay cosy watching TV.
Sorry to hear you had another disturbed night gilly, hoping you can find something to ease your discomfort.

Urmstongran Mon 17-Feb-20 09:24:27

gillybob if even you describe your coming week as ‘busy’ I think most of us lot on here would use the term ‘manic’.
?

7 day countdown. Good. We are all with you in spirit now, cheering you on from the sidelines.

Can you ring your dentist about your sore mouth? Maybe 111 would be better. You must be exhausted after last night. All this will be taking its toll on your health too. Put your own oxygen mask on first before helping others, remember. x

Nortsat46 Mon 17-Feb-20 09:23:32

Mommawoolf forgot to add that it’s lovely to hear about the lambing ... how wonderful ??

Nortsat46 Mon 17-Feb-20 09:19:42

Good Morning Mick and the GM team.
It’s sunny here in East London.
I have my first physiotherapy appt today, so I hope that helps.
Meds are still not quite right.

My partner is recovering well from his minor operation, so that’s a relief.

Sending all good wishes to those adversely impacted by the weather. The news reports on television looked really alarming.

Sending good thoughts to gillybob, QuaintIrene and little cat and all who are facing challenges today.
Have a good day all ?

Harris27 Mon 17-Feb-20 09:14:17

Good morning all. Having a rare Monday off so will make the most of it and meet my very best friend who always makes me smile. I have some errands to run and will enjoy having some me time. The wind kept us awake most of the night but mustn’t grumble as it’s just wind and not floods like others let’s pray for spring!

GrannySomerset Mon 17-Feb-20 09:13:09

Bright start but now turning to rain so it looks like yet another dismal day. Our local river is still staying in its own bed, but for how much longer? Lots of extra cars parked in our bit of road so neighbours are still concerned about the possibility of flooding.

Guests for lunch (unless they phone to say they can’t make it) so must get DH ready to face the day and the lunch preparations started. Can I bear to cook in my beautifully clean oven?

Thinking of all those unwell and/or unhappy.

Greyduster Mon 17-Feb-20 09:12:03

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Dry at the moment and windy in South Yorkshire but showers coming in. Had a rather uncomfortable night so won’t be going far today. GS has been here overnight and we have some indoor activities planned for the day.
Annie I hope you have a better day today. Good wishes to all.

Kalu Mon 17-Feb-20 09:09:52

Years ago I left home and driving through lashing rain in your area and my car decided to break down at that point.?Marydoll Hard to believe the difference in weather between us.

Mapleleaf Mon 17-Feb-20 09:06:16

Good morning,
It started off a bit brighter, but is clouding over again now. It's a bit blustery, but not as wild as it got through the night.
I'm housebound today as the garage still has my car while they wait for a part to be delivered, so I darent go far in case they ring later to say it's ready (though it's more likely to be tomorrow).
I hope everyone has escaped the worst of the storm - there is so much chaos around. I feel for the poor souls who have been flooded.
gilly I'm sorry to read that you are suffering yet more discomfort with your mouth/teeth and do hope you get some relief from it today. You have so much to cope with, I don't know how you do it. ?
Take care everyone.

Auntieflo Mon 17-Feb-20 09:00:40

Good morning Michael, Annie, to come and all others.
It has stopped raining here, but everywhere is very soggy.

Just answered a knock at the door, and a young chap telling me we have three ridge tiles that are loose! I will get my roofer neighbour to have a look later.

As of yesterday, the light in my microwave has been replaced, by another kind neighbour, in return for a big wedge of Walnut and Coffee Cake.

I shall be on tenterhooks, waiting for the council to get back to us re; the parking fine we received on Saturday. ?

As for the rest of the day, like Marydoll, I shall finish off shortening a pair of trousers for DH.
(But, Marydoll, surely you meant " the sleeves are too long)

Nothing else much going on, but at least it is dry'ish.

Sending all best wishes to The Gillybobs, while they wait for MrG's hospital appointment.
Also to any others who are poorly and under the weather. Apologies, but I can never remember all the names to mention.

Have a good day one and all.

Kalu Mon 17-Feb-20 09:00:26

Oh gilly, it’s just not fair, one thing after another for you. I wonder if the burning mouth is due to the problem you are having with your tooth? Phone your dentist explaining you need to be seen today. Do you have a high temperature or peri menopausal which could explain your night sweats?

I know you have a very busy day but you must see to yourself as well.

Anniebach Mon 17-Feb-20 08:59:35

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Sorry I spoke of the bridge yesterday, I had been looking on
the local site for information on the flooding here , my younger granddaughter asked me to check which roads were
clear, there were photographs of the bridge , it upset me.
Ok now.

Marydoll Mon 17-Feb-20 08:54:51

Thinking of you, Gilly and Mr G, wishing I could do something to help, as do many on here.

Marydoll Mon 17-Feb-20 08:53:00

Kalu, feel free, but I never actually said that I was good at altering the sleeves!!!?

It's so hard to believe that you are only just up the road and have different weather. It has been wild here.
My boss used to say that I lived in a micro climate, the staff living near you would leave home and the weather was ok, get down here and we would have snow and ice. ☹️

gillybob Mon 17-Feb-20 08:51:05

Good morning from the NE coast where we had another night of very high winds, thankfully it’s much calmer now.

I have had a horrible night of sweats and a sensation of burning all over my mouth . That with my DH’s 20+ trips to the bathroom and about 5 “shout outs” made for one very unpleasant night . Tried a cup of tea a while ago and the sensation of burning was awful . Not sure what to do.

The start of a busy week . I’m off to “that place” very soon and have little Evie later as my DD is on a close . The dreaded Mammogram tomorrow followed by work, I have the older DGC on Wednesday and Thursday (hoping to work from home) and DH has scans on Friday before his operation on Monday 24th . Starting the 7 day countdown today ?

New born lambs Mommawolf how lovely . I remember when we had our caravan in Northumberland watching them gambolling round the fields in their little plastic bags . Happy memories.

I hope everyone has a good Monday (my first worst day of the week).

Love

Gillybob x

GrannyGravy13 Mon 17-Feb-20 08:49:47

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Blue sky and a tad blustery here in SE Essex.

Off to the gym this morning, then have GC overnight and tomorrow as it's half term here.

I hope none of our Goodmorningers have suffered damage/floooding over the weekend.

Keep safe folks.

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 17-Feb-20 08:46:11

Good morning from south east Northumberland, dry and bright but the wind doth blow. DB3 who we’re staying with has said it wasn’t too bad til we arrived. Uneventful drive up from London yesterday but bits of Yorkshire looked particularly wet. DB is walking DS2’s dogs this morning and has promised a firm, not many clarts path if we need exercise. Have a good day.

Kalu Mon 17-Feb-20 08:36:13

Good morning from a slightly windy Glasgow. Feels like the calm before the storm though. According to the forecast today is the last day of stormy weather here........but they often get it wrong ?

We have got off quite lightly here, no storm damage or flooding.

Meeting a couple of friends for coffee locally and looking forward to a catch up sharing any news as we haven’t seen each other for a few weeks.

When we lived in a rural location Mommawolf our nearest neighbour was a sheep farmer. We loved being involved and on occasion having an orphaned lamb in our kitchen to feed and care for. A magical time, tiring but a wonderful experience. Hope all goes well for the new arrivals.

Can I pop down to yours with a couple of tops that need the sleeves shortened Marydoll? I’m forever pulling sleeves up due to the short arms syndrome which is a family trait?. Hope you feel better after a restful morning?

Another busy day for you gilly. Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

To all coping with this awful weather, take care and stay safe.

Alygran Mon 17-Feb-20 08:35:33

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s very windy but hasn’t rained since Saturday. The fields around the village are still under water and the road is closed into our local town.
I have to go shopping so will head in the opposite direction where a smaller town has a supermarket.
DGS arrives today with his Auntie so my empty fridge must be filled up!
It’s all just a minor inconvenience compared to the devastating impact of the weather elsewhere. I feel so sorry for those whose homes and businesses are flooded.
Good wishes to all on the sick list.
Hope today is kind to everyone.

Nannytopsy Mon 17-Feb-20 08:27:52

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
Less windy and a clear blue sky again in sunny Suffolk. I have just been out in my very large dressing gown because we forgot to put the bins out. I have come back to bed with coffee and can hear the bin lorry now. Phew!
Our plans for lots of house tidying were scuppered by a visit from DS and DGC yesterday afternoon but we never mind that! We shall do it today instead ?.
Hope today is kind to everyone, especially*MrGillybob*.