Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(50 Posts)
12Michael Mon 17-Feb-20 06:10:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but I see a crescent moon this morning despite wind and rain as well. here in Brackley.
Easy day today , maybe do some admin sort out last years and start to put this years important bits in file.
Seeing pictures on TV as damage thanks to the storm, with rising river levels as well, effecting road and rail .
Lets hope with spring around the corner better weather .
Mick

NanKate Mon 17-Feb-20 06:39:31

Morning Mick and All.

What a wet, cold and miserable few days we have had especially those in Wales, South West, North and Scotland. I do hope for everyone’s sake we are coming to the end of it.

Off to Keep Fit if the Centre is open as it is a few hundred yards from the Thames and we often have flooding there.

Beechnut Mon 17-Feb-20 06:43:08

I hope so too Mick. It has been a dreary weekend here on Severnside. Lots of flooding.

I was disappointed not to be able to go to a theatre show yesterday with DD. Better to be safe than sorry. I stayed indoors most of the day, one walk to the end of the garden between showers.

Off to the library today and right now enjoying my daily pleasure of sitting in a warm cosy bed with my first cup of tea watching out for sunrise.

Let’s hope for a much nicer day and operation countdown is on for your DH gilly. ?

ninathenana Mon 17-Feb-20 06:44:43

Morning Mick and all who follow.

It's just getting light here in Kent still windy but no rain for now.
We have the surveyor coming today to check out the damaged wall. I have a phone appointment with my GP about my meds, so a day to stay in.

Have a good day everyone, I hope nobody is flooded.

kittylester Mon 17-Feb-20 07:04:30

Morning all from a rainless North Leicestershire.

I cant say dry as there are so many roads closed due to flooding. For the first time in about 10 years the river has over flowed and the usual main road out of our village (and the surrounding ones) is impassable.

Dh and dn are out all day so I have sole charge of dgd2. I've bought popcorn for a film afternoon but suspect I'll sleep through it!

BlueSapphire Mon 17-Feb-20 07:04:31

Good morning all. Still wet and windy in Northampton, but don't think it's as bad as the last two days.
Yoga this morning, then a coffee, home for lunch, and this afternoon a bit of tidying up.
Best wishes to all for a good day.

Grammaretto Mon 17-Feb-20 07:05:46

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where I'm listening to a howling wind and think I'll not join the Monday walk despite needing some exercise.
Thinking of all in the sick bay and hope you are on the mend.

Brunette10 Mon 17-Feb-20 07:18:09

Good Morning from a blustery Fife. It has been some night with very heavy rain and winds to match. We should be thankful it happened through the night and my heart goes out to those who have suffered with ongoing floods and winds. Stay safe. Have docs first things this morning to get results back from bloods. I'm hoping everything is OK. DH has a 50 minute appointment with dentist this morning to have some root canal treatment. I do feel for him and hope he doesn't suffer too badly. Other than that a day in I think. I hope this dreadful weather leaves us all very soon. Take care.

MawB Mon 17-Feb-20 07:25:37

Good morning all
Rubbish night, whether it was the wind, I don’t know, but I had a long period of being wide wake between 3 and 5 ish.
Supper with friends tonight then we are going to see “Parasite”
I may need a nap first though! ????
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

cornergran Mon 17-Feb-20 07:26:36

Morning Mick, morning All. The usual wet and windy weather report from our corner of Somerset. The images of flooding are truly horrific, our little river is very high but so far contained. Local bits and bobs day for us. Stay safe everyone.

Sark Mon 17-Feb-20 07:27:00

Good morning everyone.
Not much weather to report here in Oxfordshire but thinking of all you poor people who have had it so much worse.
Off to work soon but hoping to take the afternoon off.
My Mum and Dad are coming up to DD1 house to see their great grandchildren so I hope I can get away. Our little ones love seeing their 'big ' Grandma and Grandpa!
Best wishes to all

Scentia Mon 17-Feb-20 07:29:57

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. The wind was really loud last night it actually woke me up. Looks calmer now.
Normal work day for me today, no plans this evening.
Have the best day you can everyone.

NannyJan53 Mon 17-Feb-20 07:34:20

Good Morning from a damp Black Country. It is not raining at the moment, but it was virtually non stop all weekend.

No Walking for Health this morning as the 3rd Monday is my U3A canal group meeting. Indoor today with a talk. Then this afternoon a film at our town hall. They have a film every other Monday and I only discovered this 2 weeks ago, when I saw The Good Liar there. Today it is Knives Out, which I have heard is a good film.

Thinking of all affected by the floods at the weekend. I live not too far from Bewdley and Stourport, and they have been badly hit.

Special thoughts too for gilly Lins Dragonfly Marydoll and anyone of our Gransnetters struggling with worries and health.

Lins1066 Mon 17-Feb-20 07:39:09

Good Morning Mick and all.
Finally stopped raining here on the S Welsh coast. We've had a month's rainfall in the last 48 hours and the waves have been mountainous. Very blustery still. So many other areas flooded too - over the border and in the Scottish Borders. My heart goes out to all those who have been affected by the floods.
Will so a small shop later and have a coffee.
Hope everyone will have a good Monday.

NfkDumpling Mon 17-Feb-20 07:40:52

Morning All

A bright and breezy morning here in the north of Norfolk. And it’s a drying wind too. Hopefully not too many grans have been affected by the horrendous flooding and the water is getting away now.

I’m having a MMR booster jab this morning. I’m still not really sure why. I had measles, mumps and rubella when I was a child and nursed several children with it. And a shingles jab last year, but apparently, now I’m over 70 I need it.

Mommawolf Mon 17-Feb-20 07:46:39

Goodmorning all from a windy but dry. Norfolk. Spring has arrived! The first lambs arrived in the early hours this morning. Nana our eldest collie started to bark at 2am so we knew things were happening. By 6am we had three amazing babies. DH had to help one first time mum but the other did it herself. Lots of nights sleeping in the barn ahead. It's such a magical time. Need tea a shower and a cat nap on the sofa although I am too excited to sleep. Hope you all have a good day, thinking of you GILLYBOB take care everyone.

Urmstongran Mon 17-Feb-20 07:49:00

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where we have spits of rain after a very windy night.

A quiet ‘home’ day on the cards. I so want to see ‘Parasite’ Maw I fancied it before the Oscars. We even have a voucher from Christmas for the ‘HOME’ cinema off Deansgate. What’s stopping us?

The grandson is back in school today and the 3y old at her lovely childminder’s. Himself will be taking the grandson to football coaching this evening.

Hope Monday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Nanabanana1 Mon 17-Feb-20 07:56:31

Morning everyone quiet here weather wise in Cheshire, off home to Torbay today so hope trains are running ok.
Best wishes to all coping with the aftermath of storm Dennis.

Marydoll Mon 17-Feb-20 07:56:53

Good morning Mick and all from a very wet and blustery Glasgow.
I shouldn't complain about a few flooded roads, when I see the terrible floods in other parts of the country. Those poor people.

DH has insisted I have a lie in, as I'm a bit under the weather. I think he actually wants peace and quiet to do his Duolingo.
NanKate, take note, he is on day 1500+ ( or some ridiculously high number) of Italian! I will never beat him now.?

It's a quiet day for me today, nothing planned, apart from a little bit of sewing alterations. As usual, my short arms, means the sleeves in anything I buy, are too short. ☹️

Take care in this weather everyone. Brunette, hope all is ok with blood results.

Ginny42 Mon 17-Feb-20 07:58:08

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's calm now but the wind was very loud during the night in Cheshire. I woke up just after 2.00 a,m. and was awake for a few hours. Shocking images of the floods in some parts. I feel for those people facing that today. What a mess.

Some errands to do for a friend today, but a walk in the woods first if it's safe. Teacher friends are on hols this week, so will be going out a lot. Lunch out today, then going to see 'Emma'.

Hope those on the sick list are improving. Fingers crossed Mrgillybob's op goes ahead as scheduled. Take care everyone.

dragonfly46 Mon 17-Feb-20 08:05:21

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Popping out to Dunelm today to pick up some new sheets.

DS and family took the train from Brighton to Durham on Saturday to see the in-laws and miraculously arrived safely with 4 year old and 2 year old after 7 and a half hours. They are sending their way back today but stopping overnight in Grantham.

vena11 Mon 17-Feb-20 08:09:36

Good morning everyone.
Up early why I just don't know, weather just awful I wish I could sleep a bit longer.
Just cant imagine what those poor people are going through watching you homes being destroyed by flooding, my heart goes out to them. and I have the cheek to complain about not sleeping.
I hope everyone has a good day.

Ginny42 Mon 17-Feb-20 08:11:24

The sun's in Leicestershire? So that's where it's hiding! sunshine

NfkDumpling Mon 17-Feb-20 08:13:14

Just realised the date... Fingers crossed Gilly!

(And take it easy Mary. Get going on that Duolingo and I’m sure you can catch Mr Doll)

QuaintIrene Mon 17-Feb-20 08:16:29

Good morning everyone.
It’s a bit better this morning in West Yorkshire. Not really cold and it’s not raining. Water was coming in ground upwards in the hallway yesterday. Actually through the floor. At least there was no actual flooding like so many times before . Repairs to the drains have helped.
Going to pick up the drops for little cat today. She is only kitten sized, she didn’t grow properly but she must be so tough. 17 years and the first time she has been ill.
Then I shall finish my book and maybe. Maybe..dust and vacuum. Or start another book !
Love to all who are ill or troubled and everyone have the best day they can ?