Gransnet forums

Chat

How do U remove Games threads?

(10 Posts)
giulia Mon 17-Feb-20 07:40:44

I find there are far too many of these but I don't remember the procedure for removal.

Can anyone explain - very simple language please.

giulia Mon 17-Feb-20 07:44:06

Sorry... that U was meant to be an I!

BlueBelle Mon 17-Feb-20 08:01:38

You have to be on desktop mode which you find at the very bottom of the page then click on the game thread you want to delete ( you have to do it one by one ...groan) then scroll up to the top of the page right hand top corner a small arrow click on that and a number of suggestions pop up third one on the left is ‘hide this discussion’ click on that and it goes BUT by tomorrow you ll have ten more

Jangran99 Mon 17-Feb-20 09:58:37

Would it not be quicker to just accept that games are popular and scroll past them? How hard would that be? Much easier ,I would think, than the convoluted method of hiding them as described above!

Blinko Mon 17-Feb-20 10:08:14

I agree, it would be useful if there was a 'Hide' facility, that could be applied to a whole topic. Then these blasted Games threads could simply be hidden from those of us who find them too pervasive.

This should probably be on the Site Stuff topic, so GNHQ would be more likely to look at it.

giulia Mon 17-Feb-20 19:51:53

BlueBelle Thank you. Will try to follow your instructions.

Jangran99 You're probably right ... I just find them irritating

joannapiano Mon 17-Feb-20 20:11:42

There are just too many Games now.

BlueBelle Mon 17-Feb-20 20:13:33

The trouble jangran is they take up so much of the titles page that other useful threads drop off and you end up having to hunt through pages to find a thread you may want

POGS Mon 17-Feb-20 20:28:09

This is a question asked repeatedly by posters but never dealt with by GNHQ.

There is a currant thread on Site Stuff and GNHQ have basically posted once and ignored the request.

To hide ' a thread ' not a ' forum' which is not possible can I offer the following :-

Click on the thread.

Click on ' mobile ' at the bottom of the page.

Click on the ' tiny circle with a v in it ' which is situated on the top right just below the ' inbox'.

I find the first time I click on it a bar appears at the bottom, the 2 and time I click on it the full list of options is displayed and you choose ' Hide this discussion ' as Piticity kindly pointed out.

It really is worth taking the time to delete them if like me you use active all the time .

POGS Mon 17-Feb-20 20:30:34

www.gransnet.com/forums/site_stuff/1273139-Deleting-forums