Gransnet forums

Chat

Today I have one aim and I'm not returning until it's done!

(66 Posts)
Moocow Mon 17-Feb-20 08:40:33

Wish me luck grin

bikergran Mon 17-Feb-20 17:45:55

Hope the mystery is solved before I go to bed...or I will have to take laptop with me confused

POGS Mon 17-Feb-20 16:56:29

See how many GN posters she can ' reel in'.

Moocow

I'm hooked confused

Stansgran Mon 17-Feb-20 16:52:25

It's got to be overdue tax returns. Or blocked sewers. My two worst nightmares and I have both an accountant and my own drain rods.

BBbevan Mon 17-Feb-20 15:08:07

Please tell us !,

JoyBloggs Mon 17-Feb-20 14:54:47

Filling in online 'Power of Attorney' forms?

Kalu Mon 17-Feb-20 14:51:58

Oh, well done Jane?. A huge relief and very satisfying for you with a positive result.

I used to double check any form filling but nowadays I check things 4/5 times. Just to make extra sure?

Cherrytree59 Mon 17-Feb-20 14:41:52

Visit to the gym, then quick 20 lengths in the pool, followed by 5k run.

Or
As I am doing thinking about cleaning the windows (inside), but Dennis has made such a mess of the outside.
Think might wait for window cleaner to appear.

Good luck Moocow
I'm sure it will be worth it and we will all be able to join you in a glass ? or?? celebrate.

Anniebach Mon 17-Feb-20 14:33:43

I am not nosey, yet I keep coming back to this thread because I want to know

vampirequeen Mon 17-Feb-20 14:26:26

Sorting out the loft.

Urmstongran Mon 17-Feb-20 14:24:22

No it can’t be that ... it’s not physical enough.
Demolishing a garden shed?

Urmstongran Mon 17-Feb-20 14:23:01

Best laugh of the day so far SueDonim thank you!
??
I think Moocow is colouring her hair and she waiting for the colour to take ... ?‍?????

Bathsheba Mon 17-Feb-20 13:40:21

SueDonim gringringrin

SueDonim Mon 17-Feb-20 13:39:38

I think Moocow is in labour and having a baby. Her brief reappearance was the result of having had an epidural put in. grin

Gaunt47 Mon 17-Feb-20 13:33:18

"A long hard slog"? Climbing Ben Nevis?

kittylester Mon 17-Feb-20 12:39:13

She may be laying the tarmac herself!

rubysong Mon 17-Feb-20 12:28:58

I was going to suggest that her drive/layby was having tarmac laid (that's what is happening here at this very moment). But it is something she has to do herself.
Maybe she is confronting a rival in love and has a gun in her handbag.
Perhaps she is having her waist length hair cut off to donate to charity and having her head shaved.

mokryna Mon 17-Feb-20 12:20:20

Cut neighbours hedge/tree while they are out shopping.

Jane10 Mon 17-Feb-20 12:17:21

I felt like I'd achieved miracles when I got my e visas for Canada and America. Those websites are so scary that I'd been putting it off for ages. I felt sure I must have put the wrong thing when all I got from the US one next day was 'application not recognised'. Then, just when I thought I'd have to go through the whole thing again, suddenly up popped 'Authorised'. Massive phew!

MawB Mon 17-Feb-20 12:06:24

You were my inspiration Moocow - how could you?
(Booked the car service, it will be picked up and valeted too, the least they can do for what’ will probably be an eye-watering bill)
One down though!

Moocow Mon 17-Feb-20 11:44:33

I'm naughty as I couldn't resist a quick peek especially as I thought I'd find this in the unanswered section.

Right back to it and yes I will tell you. It's a long hard slog hence the threat to myself!

MawB Mon 17-Feb-20 11:10:01

What is it about procrastination?

I know that things I do not really want to do (booking kennels) get put off to the last minute when I feel I have to “ask nicely” as if it is a favour (at £17.50 a night)
Or booking the car service - should have done that two weeks ago and the service schedule has been out on the desk for weeks to remind me.
Even booking a visit to the hairdresser!

I am with moocow and all the others who find it hard to take action except when they get an “urge”

Gaunt47 Mon 17-Feb-20 11:01:22

It's stopped raining so she's going out to do some much needed gardening (which is what I should be doing!)

Blinko Mon 17-Feb-20 10:17:51

I've been tussling with an issue for some months now - or rather putting it off as I knew it would be fiddly. It's claiming tax back on a PPI payout we had last year. This wet and windy weekend, I got down to it and today, it's in the post!

The feeling of relief that it's done and dusted is grand. So I'm wishing Moocow every success.

annsixty Mon 17-Feb-20 10:15:14

Or shaving my legs, the hair of which could probably be plaited.

annsixty Mon 17-Feb-20 10:13:51

If it were me it would be clearing the ironing basket and not moving until it is empty.