Gransnet forums

Chat

Are our Welsh grans ok ?

(32 Posts)
BlueBelle Mon 17-Feb-20 18:07:58

These floods in the west look really bad I hope everyone is safe
Please look after yourselves

Fennel Tue 18-Feb-20 18:08:05

Thanks for the info about Gilwern. For some reason I haven't got their phone no., but we've become closer lately since she's about my age, grew up together as children. Her husband older.
She prefers to correspond by written letter, her letters are works of art!

EllanVannin Tue 18-Feb-20 18:20:02

Well if we have the supposed hot weather I'm going to shower every day for spite if they as much as mention a reduction in usage. So there.

I feel for all those people who've suffered floods and water damage. The infrastructures and foundations of those homes under water will all be affected poor things having to go through all that. It's enough to make anyone ill.

Thoughts to those grans who are close to these areas and I can only hope that you don't have to experience a disaster.
Stay safe, warm and dry.

BBbevan Tue 18-Feb-20 18:46:18

Apparently those poor people are being given £500, from the government. Not a lot when you consider what they have gone through.

maddyone Tue 18-Feb-20 18:55:44

Hope all our grans are safe, very pleased to hear you’re okay Annie, and our other grans who live near these awful floods.
This is a a terrible situation for all those who are affected, I’m thinking of everyone at the moment, Gransnetters or not.

BBbevan Wed 19-Feb-20 11:05:10

Just been to Carmarthen, and it rained there and back. The river Towy is high but not flooding. There are loads of daffodils out and catkins in the hedges. It is beautiful, but oh for a bit of sunshine to make it all sparkle.
Let’s hope those dealing with wrecked homes and businesses get some help and relief soon

Callistemon Thu 20-Feb-20 23:15:59

Did you see on the news about the woman who was stranded whilst driving, when flood waters suddenly rose and she sat on the roof of her car, in cold water, for 12 hours before she was spotted?

One man swam through the floodwaters to rescue her and two others joined him, dragged her to the steep bank where they waited for the fire and rescue and eventually SARA arrived with a rescue boat.
She is in hospital but I believe is recovering, thank goodness.