Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(84 Posts)
12Michael Mon 24-Feb-20 06:09:30

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, with a little wind and wet here in Brackley this morning.
Managed to get my shredding done yesterday , before I settled down for the day.
Today , cycling on TV this morning ,and then a general sort later.
Mick

NfkDumpling Mon 24-Feb-20 09:11:24

Morning All

What a soggy day. I’m off to soak in a hot bath with a good book and pretend it’s spring.

Thoughts keep going to the Gillybobs. Fingers crossed all goes well and the future is brighter for them.

EllanVannin Mon 24-Feb-20 09:19:53

Good Morning All x
Really sodden here on the Costa Mersey after heavy rain first thing, just in time for the kids as they begin their new term !

Not very impressed with my lamb yesterday, tough as old nick in parts and you could have soled your shoes with it. Such a shame as I enjoyed my dinner so I can see the old stray Tom smacking its lips if I cut it up for him.

Between watching the news and reading posts half the morning's gone before my own post surfaces. Good play tonight " Flesh and Blood " so I'll be tuning into that.It's on for 4 nights on the run.

Thinking of the Gillybob's this morning and I hope everything goes well. xx To be free from pain will make all the difference to Mr G. Best wishes to all others for a pain-free day.

Urmstongran Mon 24-Feb-20 09:39:57

Yep totally agree EV and Auntieflo - so many newbies and wonderful threads to read now before posting which adds a good 20 minutes on before your own post pops up now! Maybe I’ll set my alarm, post and go back to bed for an hour and then read everyone’s at my leisure!

I don’t like to post before reading in case I miss something and don’t acknowledge it and then come over as insensitive.....
?

Scribbles Mon 24-Feb-20 09:44:04

Good morning, all. Raining in Lincs again! Off to swathe myself in waterproofs and head to Lincoln on the bus. More tedious business with banks and solicitors etc re probate for OH.
Hope all goes well for the Gillybobs; it's high time something goes right for them. Best wishes to all who are unwell.

vena11 Mon 24-Feb-20 09:49:29

Good morning from a very wet Bristol getting boring now we need some proper sunshine.
Urmston it does take a long time to read every ones posts and by the time I get to the end I have forgotten a lot of it and I do feel bad that I cant mention people so I just hope everyone has a good day .
Special thought to Gillybob and her DH today.

BladeAnnie Mon 24-Feb-20 09:56:30

Good morning all from a very wet mid-Notts. Our back garden looks to be just about underwater AGAIN!! We live close to a river and this has been a regular occurrence this winter. We live in an old converted corn mill and thankfully our living accommodation is on first and second floor. It must just be so awful to have water actually come in to your living space. Thinking of the gillybobs today and all who are poorly or have worries to contend with x

ann678tifney Mon 24-Feb-20 09:58:42

Morning all from a very wet NE, a lot of snow about, my boss hasn't been able to get in to the office today, but no snow here, just sleet. Had a very late night last night, due to DH waking up at 7.30 with very severe pain in his eyes. He has had a lot of problems with them, and is waiting for a date for another operation, but he has never complained about pain in them before. Decided to ring 111 at 8.15, finally getting through about and them deciding to send ambulance about 8.45. This turned up at 10.45 but they were unsure what to do with him!!! 12.30 and after them ring to talk to a dr, it was agreed he didn't need to go to A & E, that it wasn't serious, and by this time the pain wasn't as bad, just need to ring his eye hospital to check what needs to be done. Our local hospital doesn't have an Eye department. Hopefully his date for his op will come soon. Thinking of Gillybob today and hope her DH gets his op today and all is well.

moggie Mon 24-Feb-20 10:02:24

Good morning Mick & all from wet Nottingham.
Glad I did washing y’day so crack on with the Ironing today.
Might venture out if rain eases later.
Welcome to new posters.
Thoughts with gillybob & DH hope all goes well today.
Hope all not well or struggling with health or worries have s better day.
Have a good day everyone.

harrigran Mon 24-Feb-20 10:25:09

Good morning from a NE blanketed with snow, all fallen since 7am.
Had a lie in as we have nothing pressing today.
DS and GC arrived at lunchtime yesterday having beeen skating at Beamish museum, they kindly brought some freshly baked bread from the baker's shop there.
The girls played board games with their Dad and was lovely to watch, screens put aside for a couple of hours.
I think there may have been a problem getting them to school this morning as they live in a village twelve miles away.
Hoping that Mr gillybob's operation is under way now and things get better from now on. Big {{hug}} for gillybob.

gillybob Mon 24-Feb-20 10:36:34

Just a quick message to say a massive thank you for all the prayers and good wishes .

It was snowing like mad as we drive to the hospital early this morning and I just kept thinking “please let the surgeon make it into work” .

Anyway I am happy to report that DH was first on his surgeons list this morning and is in surgery right now as I type . I came straight to “this place” after the hospital but can’t settle or even concentrate . Just waiting now .

Thank you all again you lovely, lovely people . xx

Bathsheba Mon 24-Feb-20 10:39:41

Oh gillybob I am so pleased to read this news! I can see your lives are going to turn a massive corner now, at last ?. Please keep us updated.

Kalu Mon 24-Feb-20 10:41:24

Good morning from a wet, wet, wet Glasgow with a smattering of snow on the ground. Comparing this weather to the many heavy snowy days we normally had years ago in winter, I prefer this as it is easier and safer to get out and about.

I am 1 ball of wool short for the crochet I am working on so popping up to a nearby wool shop later who have a ‘knit and blether’ set up so it may take me an hour to buy some wool?

My thoughts will be with gilly and her DH today. Just hoping everything goes smoothly to plan. ?

Have a pleasant day and best wishes to those with illness and struggles to cope with.

Sark Mon 24-Feb-20 10:41:26

Excellent news Gillybob
Thinking of you flowers

Harris27 Mon 24-Feb-20 10:47:49

Good morning although a late post. Snowing in the ne. Went to doctors appointment after some trepidation about driving only a check up but thought must get it out of the way. Not at my usual surgery a little further away and terrible to park so I get there only to be told doctor stuck in traffic appointment cancelled! Grrrrr!,,, off to work soon not in the best of moods!,,,

Harris27 Mon 24-Feb-20 10:50:48

Just read your post gillybobs hope everything goes well I can understand your worry about driving as your near me. Puts my little rant to bed!! Hope all goes well for you your in my prayers.

whywhywhy Mon 24-Feb-20 10:53:51

Good morning from very wet and windy Market Harborough.

Special thoughts and love go to the Gillybobs. X

I slept good last night after one week of poor sleep. Stayed in bed till 10, too dismal to get up.

Sending love and hugs to all who are suffering illness, depression or just fedup. Xx

NfkDumpling Mon 24-Feb-20 10:55:01

Oh, ooh, Gilly! Thank goodness! Fingers and everything crossed! Filing. Filing is always good for stress - although you may find things a bit random when you come back to it. flowers

Nannylovesshopping Mon 24-Feb-20 11:05:52

Yay Gillybob it’s onwards and upwards now!?????

GrannySomerset Mon 24-Feb-20 11:25:48

Fingers crossed for MrGillybob and for Gilly too. Let’s hope for a smoother path than last time!

Pouring in North Somerset - where is Noah when you need him? Late posting because I had to finish the book for this afternoon’s discussion - Hannah Kent, “The Good People”. Strange and disturbing story about an Ireland when science was in its infancy and literacy rare; the power of superstition is amazing to my 21st century mind. Lots of weather in it too, so very appropriate for recent days.

Thorntrees Mon 24-Feb-20 11:27:39

Not a regular poster but wanted to add my thoughts and prayers to Gillybob for today. Hoping to hear good news later on.x

vena11 Mon 24-Feb-20 11:48:25

Great news Gillybobflowers

Susan56 Mon 24-Feb-20 12:13:19

Fantastic news gilly.x

Nortsat46 Mon 24-Feb-20 12:27:28

? hurrah gillybob and good morning/afternoon Mick and the GM team.

I agree with Urmston and others, it takes a goodly time to read all the GM posts. Of course I don’t want to post before reading, for fear of missing something important or posting inappropriately.

My issue is that by the time I have read everything I have forgotten who said what, who needs birthday or anniversary wishes and who is unwell or in need of support...

Therefore - good wishes to all today ??

mamaa Mon 24-Feb-20 12:30:26

Glad to see your post gillybob and you got to the hospital ok. When I saw the Countryfile weather forecast yesterday evening I started to think about how it might affect your journey so early this morning. I hate driving full stop in the dark and/or bad weather so was panicking for you. Sending good wishes to all.

Chris0 Mon 24-Feb-20 13:11:21

Sitting in M & S cafe having a lovely salted caramel latte.
Got to pick up a package from here for GS and then a Sainsbury's shop.
Walked the dog this morning after the heavy rain stopped and no housework to do when I get home.
Husband off for 2 weeks and is already getting on my nerves, god help me when he comes to retire.
Think I will carry on reading my book this afternoon.
Have a good day everyone.