Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(79 Posts)
12Michael Tue 25-Feb-20 06:10:27

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry here in Brackley this morning.
Busy day in a way, housework before I go out.
Usual bus journeys to Buckingham and Bicester , for coffees and shopping.
Returning to Buckingham, as its Pancake day , the café I visit does pancakes, so will have some with a coffee.
Then wait for the bus home.
Mick

Auntieflo Tue 25-Feb-20 19:32:54

Gillybob, words fail me. The NHS seems to have failed your DH all the way. I am so sorry that you have had all this worry and stress.
All the other GN's seem to be able to put things so much better than I can, but sending love and prayers to you both. {{{hugs}}}

Megs36 Tue 25-Feb-20 16:37:25

Like most I send good wishes to the Gillys and sympathy to others who seem always to have problems, but I would like to add that there is often light at the end of the tunnel. Nearly five years ago (after knee replacement, and cataracts) my husband was diagnosed with lung cancer ,followed by 36 sessions of intensive radiotherapy, this eventually left him with COPD but hopefully cancer free. So far nearly so good, then last February I had a stroke which left me unable to drive and a bit immobile . Last summer husband had a pneumothorax and chest drain following having a pacemaker, this resulted in bladder problem and catheter, once home from hospital with carers and district nurses for a few weeks, he got better,he of course hadn't been driving so we were dependent on family and good friends for help. Now he is driving locally and as normal as he’ll ever be that’s me too , neither of us will ever run (or walk) a marathon! But I try to give thanks for every day and massive thanks to the NHS without which I dread to think how things would have turned out. Now on lots of medications but a small price to pay.

I have posted occasionally but am not a ‘regular’ however my point is something my father used to say...do the best you can and don’t give up.???

NfkDumpling Tue 25-Feb-20 13:38:09

Oh, Gilly words fail me. I really don’t know how you’re coping. (((Hugs))) You would make a wonderful Prime Minister. After all you’ve had thrown at you, running the country would be a doddle.

whywhywhy Tue 25-Feb-20 12:50:54

Good morning/afternoon from a breezy Market Harborough. Late due to drs appointment then hairdressers.

Sending love and hugs to the Gillybobs,I just don’t know how you are managing to keep going. I think I would have hit someone by now.

X

Allsaints55 Tue 25-Feb-20 12:43:19

Beautiful morning here on Southwold Beach . Although our pre -wedding photo shoot has to be re done as my long hair blowing with all the wind over my face ? . Sunny cold windy & beautiful though xxx

Megs36 Tue 25-Feb-20 12:27:28

Much sympathy to , the Gillys, we had similar bladder problems last year with my husband,he had a catheter for ages also.This followed a pneumothorax and chest drain probably caused by a pacemaker, and after hospital he was housebound for weeks. He’d also four years previously had lung cancer and 36 sessions of intensive radiotherapy.
At last no appointments on the calendar TG, although always worrying when the postman comes. I’d had a stroke back in Feb and can’t drive any more, rely on familyand friends who were wonderful,but makes me feel helpless, although he is driving now albeit short distances,
I hope you have light at the end of your particular tunnel.

ann678tifney Tue 25-Feb-20 12:12:09

Hi Morning from a cold but dry NE. At least my boss managed to get into work today, and my DD down to see my DH. Sorry to hear about your GH and the problems he is having. On a similar vain, the eye infirmary rang about my DH op, and they need to do more assessments on him, the anaesthitist and surgeon want to see in the operating theatre, so see if they can actually do the op, there or whether he will need to go to another hospital!!!! so fingers crossed. But they have given him an appointment on the same day he already has one ten minutes earlier, DD will have to ring them and check it out. Thinking of everyone who has any proplems.

Mommawolf Tue 25-Feb-20 11:56:25

GILLYBOB I want to scream for you. You really don't need this.it, makes me so angry when hospital's are so matter of fact when they have delayed and messed you about. I admire you patience I would have exploded!

EllanVannin Tue 25-Feb-20 11:39:42

Gillybob, just read your latest post so now I understand the position of the second stone in the urethra, yes it would be a more direct insertion ( needle ) into the area of the kidneys as opposed to a cystoscopy.

Cranberry juice is recommendable if your DH can drink it, in the interim while he awaits another operation, though this one is usually done under a local anaesthetic.

No wonder the poor man's been in agony. xx

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 25-Feb-20 11:38:05

Morning all. We have blue skies in South Notts but I expect it is colder than it looks. Oh Gillybobs you and your husband have really been through it. My problems by comparison are small indeed.

Hope all is well with everyone, especially those who are struggling with ill health or low spirits.

EllanVannin Tue 25-Feb-20 11:29:40

Good Morning All x.

Cold, wet and a watery looking sun coming through now and again. I hurtled out first thing so that I wouldn't have to move out for the rest of the day as I wanted more crumpets and extra milk after making the batter yesterday.

Upset one of the neighbours when her Jack Russell yapped and charged at me so I told it to " shut up and go away". I'm so wary of loose dogs in case they bite, and me on warfarin.

I'd be ranting along with Gillybob at the way they've been treated. A cystoscopy probe/laser would have eventually crushed that bladder stone and that would have been the end of it so I don't understand why that method hasn't been used. This method is used for tumours too within the bladder.

I can relate and fully appreciate the situation having gone through all this when my H was ill and it's not for the faint-hearted. D was running a business I was working at the hospital as well as looking after H and seeing to GC at the same time, for years. Step-D was phoning me by the minute with her mental health problems----it was all happening.

Gillybob, you do get through it all xx !

What worries me as I get older is that I hope to goodness I can remain independent and not be reliant on my D for anything as she herself at 58 works full time and has had to foster 3 of her GC ( school-age ) indefinitely so you can understand why my fingers are crossed. Life is tough at the moment, but we'll get through it----somehow.smile

Anyway, I hope the problems with the Gillybobs can be resolved sooner rather than later, my thoughts are with you.xx
Anyone else going through the trials and tribulations of life, chin-up, it doesn't last forever. Those with ills etc. hope it eases. Stay well and warm, grit your teeth and smile.

LadyO Tue 25-Feb-20 11:12:02

Gillybob how do you stay so calm? You just get on with everything that is thrown at you... amazing woman. Very best wishes to you both.

gillybob Tue 25-Feb-20 11:02:36

Just a little update . Surgeon came to see DH this morning and explained that they found a second large stone lodged tightly in the urethra which he said must’ve been agony (well we did kind of say) , anyway he said that the surgery to remove this without causing any long term damage was more complex than the bladder stone so they were unable to proceed any further at this stage . Said will give him a few months to recover (ish) and then have him back for the prostate .

My dads scan is at 12 noon so will hopefully get him there and back before visiting DH . I know he could probably go in a taxi but I would prefer to be there to take in what they say .

Thank you all again so much for your kind words , prayers and advice . You are all wonderful people. Where would I be without my Gransnet friends ?

Much love and thanks to you all xx

Beechnut Tue 25-Feb-20 10:16:45

?oh gilly! I think I’d be pulling my hair out with frustration.

Nannytopsy Tue 25-Feb-20 09:50:42

Sad news Moggie. We keep thinking our cat will go soon but he keeps plodding on!
Hopefully the worst of MrG’s pain will have been sorted and I do hope they get to finish his procedures very soon.

moggie57 Tue 25-Feb-20 09:35:00

just getting over my bad cough and cold .and having to make the decision to have my cat cat put to sleep tomorrow. had him 2 years,since his elderly owner died ,and grandson asked on facebook would anyone like a 16 year old cat.. so i got "lucky". who hadnt been to a vet in 15 years. discovered he had kidney/heart and several lumps.....he's had a good 2 years retirement so to speak.not feeling so good today with upset tummy. but its sunny but cold outside. might get round to doing a bit of gardening later,as lucky likes sitting out.hate the decision of putting him to sleep..

Scribbles Tue 25-Feb-20 09:28:19

Good morning from cold but bright Lincs. I'm still in bed for no good reason but I just didn't want to get up. I will do very soon.

So sorry to read gillybob's disappointing news. You must both be so down about all this. Love and ((hugs)) to both of you as you face another wait .

dragonfly46 Tue 25-Feb-20 09:26:29

Gilly how frustrating for you both.
So sorry to hear this. My dad had the same problem and the district nurse came twice a week to flush his bladder out and managed to dissolve the stone. I would think that this is the least they can do to prevent another one forming.

Grandmafrench Tue 25-Feb-20 09:23:48

Gillybobs (both of you). So much wonderful support for you on here while you’re going through the wars. Do you think your DH’ hospital ward might be willing to make an exception and change or extend time for your visit in view of the huge responsibilities you have regarding your Dad’s care? I imagine you’d rather go with him so you know all the ‘foot facts’ and if your Sister isn’t bothered.......? Looks as if Mr G will be safely home and in your care very shortly. One massive hurdle overcome, one more to face and, as you say, not as you hoped and planned. However looks as if it’ll take more than this to defeat you, so onwards and upwards indeed. It will pass and you will get your lives back - that must be your mantra. sunshine flowers

Mapleleaf Tue 25-Feb-20 09:17:54

Good morning.

It's a cold, cloudy but still sunny morning here for now, but sleet showers are forecast for this afternoon.

Gilly I'm so sorry that the surgeon was unable to do everything that was needed yesterday, meaning yet another op in a few months, but at least the stone is removed which is a blessing, but their ineptitude in the past has led to these further complications which should never have arisen in the first place. I do hope that he is seen sooner rather than later to have his prostrate op. ? Your sister is unbelievable, and your dad, too, proving he is quite capable of going to the doctor on his own by going there alone yesterday and so could do more than he lets on!! You must be fizzing with the pair if them.

I haven't read all the posts through yet, so apologies if I've missed anything else, but I hope you all have a decent day today and keep safe.

Curlywhirly Tue 25-Feb-20 09:14:26

Good morning all from another wet morning in Cheshire. Had a lovely day yesterday with dear little GS, who is 2 on Wednesday. He's developing a little personality and tickles me up constantly. He's started to tease his grandad, just as his big sister does (it's all himself deserves, he is the biggest wind-up merchant ever). I had to wake DGS up from his afternoon nap (a sin I know!) as I have strict instructions to only let him nap for an hour - he was so sleepy, poor lamb, but it meant a lovely half-hour cuddle, whilst he came around?

Oh Gillybob sorry to hear that Mr Gillybob couldn't have both procedures done together, I suppose it was just too much to hope for. At least one problem has been dealt with, which must be a relief. Here's hoping he recovers quickly and gets some quality of life back. You definitely deserve a break in the streak of bad luck you have endured recently. Take care thanks and hoping all have a good day.

conor Tue 25-Feb-20 09:09:53

Good morning from a blue sky but cold Essex. Haven't read the posts as skimmed through for good news from Gillybobs. Oh dear, nothing goes smoothly and can't believe this is happening but sure she will deal with it in her usual stoical self. Where is that sunshine for them?? sunshine
On a brighter note my gardeners did a lovely job yesterday despite the pouring rain. They worked solidly for 6 hours, drank their bodyweight in tea, tidied up and left the garden looking great. Now if only I could get out there! Supermarket shop this morning, then school volunteering, collect DGS1 from his school, give him dinner(with pancakes) and then go to yoga for a rest! Hope everyone manages the best day they can xxxx

Greyduster Tue 25-Feb-20 09:08:46

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Dry here at the moment but we are in for some wet/white stuff later, probably just in time for the school run! I had forgotten it is pancake day too! Fortunately we have lemons (for gin and tonics, but I’ll sacrifice one for DH’s pancakes?!). Gilly I am so sorry things are not going quite to plan for Mr G; and that your dad is poorly. Another load on your shoulders?.
Happy birthday Mr Corner!?. Have the best day you can folks.

lavenderzen Tue 25-Feb-20 09:06:00

Good morning from a snowy and cold Derbyshire. My daffodils are trying to come through, but have given up flowering for the time being. I wish Spring would hurry up.
Take care everyone especially those who are poorly and worried. Gillybob flowers

Bathsheba Tue 25-Feb-20 09:03:38

Oh gilly I don't know what to say, but I am so sorry your DH's op didn't go exactly to plan.

As others have said, your DH must come first now. Your father will have to find someone else to take him to the hospital, or get a taxi.

As for your sister, she seriously needs a kick up the jacksy. Sorry if that's harsh, but honestly! Why are some people so darn selfish? angry