Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(78 Posts)
12Michael Tue 25-Feb-20 06:10:27

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry here in Brackley this morning.
Busy day in a way, housework before I go out.
Usual bus journeys to Buckingham and Bicester , for coffees and shopping.
Returning to Buckingham, as its Pancake day , the café I visit does pancakes, so will have some with a coffee.
Then wait for the bus home.
Mick

cornergran Tue 25-Feb-20 06:15:35

Morning Mick, morning All. Very dark in our corner of Somerset, I can hear the wind and the path looks wet. Haircut for me this morning so it’s bound to rain. Out for a nice lunch to celebrate Mr C’s birthday. Enjoy the pancakes Mick. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Beechnut Tue 25-Feb-20 06:15:49

Good Morning everyone. There is joy in waking to a dry start.
Hail forecast for later ☹️

Same old Tuesday for me, swimming followed by home working.

Enjoy your pancakes everyone ?

Scentia Tue 25-Feb-20 06:18:35

Good Morning Michael and all to come. It is dark and damp here in East Staffordshire.
I am up and at very early today, just leaving home now as we are very busy at the factory this week and need to put in some hours to get everything done and out by Friday.
I do hope Mr Gilly is feeling ok and he is recovering from his operation.
Take care everyone and have the best day possible today.xx

Nannytopsy Tue 25-Feb-20 06:21:29

Good morning *Mick and Corner and all who follow. Still have only the faintest light in the sky but it is calmer and clear here in Suffolk. Thank goodness and I do hope it lasts for a day or two.
A day of jobs and hopefully some time in the garden, just to tidy up.
Thinking of the Gillybobs and wishing everyone a kind Tuesday.

Nannytopsy Tue 25-Feb-20 06:22:12

Morning Beechnut and Scentia too!

kittylester Tue 25-Feb-20 06:40:29

Morning Mick, morning all.

It is pretty calm in North Leicestershire but there is hail in the forecast. Probably when I am driving home from my Carer's Course this morning.

Up early this morning as we have a plumber coming to replace the shower tray and door on our shower.

I am looking forward to brew and cupcake with a couple of other gransnetters.

Hope that mrgillybob had his op and is recovering well.

Love and best wishes to everyone.

Sark Tue 25-Feb-20 06:43:16

Good morning early birds above and all to follow.
Dark but dry in Oxfordshire.
Just a work, home, cook dinner usual sort of day.
Enjoy your pancakes...just lemon and tiny bit of sugar for me please!
Thinking of all with troubles.

NfkDumpling Tue 25-Feb-20 06:51:28

Morning All

It's really light outside and the sky is a long way up and the trees are just jiffling a little and the birds are singing! Should I be worried?

And it seems it's Pancake Day. I shall make some mix up right now!

Have a good day everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 25-Feb-20 06:54:51

Good morning from east London, starting to get light so I can see the clouds in the sky. Down to Southend today to do more house clearing/tidying in anticipation of having estate agents round later this week. Meeting some friends this evening in town so may well have to get the train back; lots of gossip to catch up with. Have a good day.

Grammaretto Tue 25-Feb-20 07:00:39

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. I'm going to join Fife GN ers for the meet up today. We may have pancakes.
I hope Gillybob's DH is recovering.
It's to be icy so stay safe.

Grandmafrench Tue 25-Feb-20 07:09:13

Morning Sark and Morning All. Hope you all get some good dry weather soon. Looks like it’s been a terrible Feb. Remember my Mum calling it February Fill Ditch, but this year has been ridiculous. As a small child I recall the scary floods in Monmouth and now they’ve had them again. Bit different here with record temperatures yesterday of 25 degrees. Afternoon at the beach. Today starting the garden with hard pruning of the Jasmine and re-seeding the lawn. Fortunately we have underground water source which will supply our sprinklers and help everything grow. The water encourages the tiny green tree frogs which will sit and croak really loudly (it’s more shouting really smile the moment we sit down for a coffee break. Used the last of my oranges yesterday...new blossom buds already showing - and Night Scented Stock (which I get from England) has bloomed continuously through the winter months. Busy day but no pancakes for us : Candlemas was 2nd February. Have a safe and happy day all!

BladeAnnie Tue 25-Feb-20 07:12:47

Good morning all - I'd quite forgotten about it being pancake day so thank you for the reminder. DOH is away with work for a couple of days but an early start for me as DD1 needs me for babysitting duties while she goes for an interview. Hope everyone has a good day x

Mommawolf Tue 25-Feb-20 07:16:30

Goodmorning all from a calm cold Norfolk. Know what you mean NFK DUMPLING it's one of those weird still Norfolk mornings. The hedgehogs are walking up all of the food we leave on the patio was eaten last night. I counted four eating at nine thirty and the squirrel was up and raiding the bird feeders on Sunday. One of today's jobs will be to put the squirrel feedboxes back up and check the bird nesting boxes are clean and ready the great tits are now checking out nesting places. Thinking of GILLYBOB hope all went well.,enjoy Mr Cs birthday CORNER GRAN. have a good day everyone.

Marydoll Tue 25-Feb-20 07:22:51

Good morning all from a very cold Glasgow.
When I got up during the night, there was a smattering of snow everywhere.

Exciting stuff, I would have liked to gone to Aldi/Lidl today, but DH thinks it's too cold for me. sad. What he really means is his usual 30 minute dash will turn into hours, as I footer (Scottish word for dithering) about.
He is great at doing the shopping, but I need baking materials and he usually forgets to pick up what I asked for and comes back with several bizarre items, which he thinks I might need or not.

We have DGD and I plan to make Scottish pancakes (DGD's favourite), while DH picks her up from nursery. I'm so looking forward to seeing her. After about a hour of non-stop questions, I will be wishing it was time for her to go home. ?
Anxiously awaiting news of the Gillybobs and I think Dragonfly has the hospital this week.

Grammaretto, safe journey and enjoy your meet up, please send my best wishes to everyone. I am so envious. envy

Have the best day you can everyone.

Ginny42 Tue 25-Feb-20 07:23:13

Morning Mick and everyone from Cheshire. It's rained recently, but not raining at the moment and it doesn't look frosty- yet. I wouldn't normally make pancakes just for me, but I'm very tempted after reading the posts.

Walking in the woods at 9.00. We almost paddled round there yesterday. We did however find some banks of snowdrops I'd quite forgotten were there. The wild garlic is really shooting up and the bluebells too are showing green shoots. The blackthorn bushes look as though it's snowed the blossom is so dense.

Enjoy your trip Mick and hope the GNers meeting up today have a lovely time. Warmest wishes to the gillybobs.

Have a good day everyone.

NannyJan53 Tue 25-Feb-20 07:26:59

Good Morning from a Black Country with a clear blue sky! Didn't need the car lights on at 7am this morning.

Dentist appointment yesterday revealed a filling to be done. Earliest it can be done is 6th April. As apparently my Dentist only works 2 days a week.

I am driving over to Mums later today, as I have arranged to Skype with her DGD (my Niece) in Australia. She is working over there for 18 months.

Sounds idyllic Grandmafrench

Happy Birthday to MrC cupcake

Thinking of the gillybobs and hoping all went well with his Op.

Wishing you all a good day

Ginny42 Tue 25-Feb-20 07:28:59

Mommawolf the squirrels here didn't hibernate this winter and have started on the shoots of my roses already.

Mommawolf Tue 25-Feb-20 07:34:31

GINNY I lost a beautiful scarlet rose climber to them last year. They waited until it flowered then stripped every bloom and bud. Looked so pleased with themselves.

Bellasnana Tue 25-Feb-20 07:38:22

Good morning from Pompeii in Italy where it is a lovely sunny morning.

I’m spending a few days here with my teacher daughter as it is half term for her. We are soon going out and will be doing a lot of walking so hope my creaky bones are up to it!

Wishing you all a good day, special thoughts for all of you who are struggling with one thing and another.sunshine

Lins1066 Tue 25-Feb-20 07:39:36

Goog Morning Mick and all.
It feels colder here on S Welsh coast.
DS left early for London this morning,unfortunately he is stuck outside Reading with a puncture.
Happy birthday to Mr Corner and enjoy your lunch ?
I will make pancakes later as we love them.
Hope everyone will have a good day.

dragonfly46 Tue 25-Feb-20 07:42:14

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

I have the one hospital free day today.
Found out yesterday that DH’s red blood count is too high so he has to go for blood letting. Not sure if they still use leeches!

Looking forward to meeting other GNs this afternoon.

Hope it went well for the Gillybobs yesterday.

BlueSapphire Tue 25-Feb-20 07:44:37

Good morning all from a chilly but dry Northampton, though sleet showers are forecast this afternoon, just when I have to do the school run. Don't think I will venture out for the health walk this afternoon. The mornings are getting lighter, and I have just noticed little pink buds on the flowering cherry. Spring must be on its way! Sssshhh, mustn't frighten it away....

Had a lovely coffee morning yesterday with neighbours, putting the world to rights, accompanied by homemade lemon drizzle cake and scones.

Bit of pottering this morning, and nothing else planned except picking up DGD from school this afternoon and giving her tea before Brownies. We may make some pancakes. Looking forward to hearing about her trip to Sweden last week to stay with her cousins.

Keeping my fingers crossed that all went well for the Gillybobs.

NanKate Tue 25-Feb-20 07:54:39

Morning Mick and All.

There’s sunshine and cloud here in South Bucks.

I had forgotten it was Shrove Tuesday so it will definitely be pancakes for us tonight too.

Must pop into town to pick up a book from our Independent Bookshop. I could buy the book much cheaper online but I really want this shop to be a success, so whilst I can I will use them.

Grandmaf you brought back such happy memories of night scented stocks. My parents had them in their garden and I just loved to stand and smell them on a warm summer’s evening.

I kept thinking about the Gillybobs yesterday. Hoping for some positive news today ?

brook2704 Tue 25-Feb-20 07:55:54

Good morning to all from a snowy Inverness. Quite a lot of snow last night so will need to brush the car clean before venturing out. We have a garage but it’s full of DH stuff so the cars out on the drive ?.
Looking forward to my lunch later with a friend and a good catch up on news
Hope everyone has the best day they possibly can and thinking of all those with worries