Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(76 Posts)
12Michael Thu 27-Feb-20 06:08:47

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but the ground is wet with what looks like sleet/snow coming down but not settling.
Hopefully my usual day on the buses to Buckingham and Bicester which makes me feel relaxed when I return home later.
Mick

gillybob Thu 27-Feb-20 08:08:11

Oooops X posts Marydoll . Your post reminded me that I really MUST make an appointment at the hairdressers as I haven’t been for months . I have taken the kitchen scissors to my fringe bit a few times though. shock

I absolutely hate the hairdressers as I have terrible hair these days and really can’t bear looking in the mirror . But every so often needs must .

vena11 Thu 27-Feb-20 08:08:33

Good morning all a wet morning again its really is getting us all down I think.
Food shopping today and some house work.
dragonfly hope all goes ok it is much better with a line,
Urmston sorry about your friend
Everyone else I hope you all have a .pleasant day.

harrigran Thu 27-Feb-20 08:10:41

Good morning from a dry and frosty NE.
DH already has the washer on so I guess we are staying home today.
The dishwasher ceased to function yesterday, a man has promised to call on Saturday morning and look at it.
Thinking of the gillybobs and all others who are not well.

Mommawolf Thu 27-Feb-20 08:11:29

Goodmorning all from a dry but dull norfolk. Little molly has now joined the household, a four month old bundle of fluff, border collie pups are so cute. I have to remind myself that she is a working dog and cuddles are for "time out" hours, says me sitting here with her on my lap! Nanook has decided that she is OK and let her sleep curled up against her tummy. So as yet no Husky tantrum.we have a funeral in March for a friend of fifty years its sad when they leave us URMSTONGRAN Hope all goes well DRAGONFLY. and things are going OK GILLYBOB. have a good day everyone.

Susan56 Thu 27-Feb-20 08:14:50

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.The forecast snow and rain have not arrived as yet,hopefully we will have a respite from the incessant rain which will give the floodwaters a chance to recede.
We have nearly finished sorting upstairs,just my books to do now, off which there are many and then the decorating can begin.Hoping to get the sorting done today before DGD arrives for her Thursday sleepover.
Your trip to the hairdressers will give you a boost Mary.I felt so much better yesterday after a good chat with a friend.
Sending good wishes to all unwell,with worries or sadness.
Hope Mr gilly is settled back at home and there is some improvement after his operation.Sending you love and strength gilly.x

gillybob Thu 27-Feb-20 08:14:57

Another gorgeous post Mommawolf thank you for making me smile . Who could resist a cuddle with a Border Collie puppy ? smile

Susan56 Thu 27-Feb-20 08:20:53

Crossed posts gilly.Sorry your husband is feeling no better.
I too am just finishing my cup of Yorkshire tea!
Gramaretto,meant to say glad you have had some good news?
BladeAnnie,hope your meeting goes well today?

Greyduster Thu 27-Feb-20 08:23:04

Good morning Michael and all GNs from a cold, wet South Yorkshire, but we haven’t had the forecast snow yet. We had a walk out yesterday in the sun and were caught out first with rain, then hail, and then soft snow. The the sun came out again just as we got home! I think the Met office should give us all a refund when they mess up the forecast! We may go out for lunch today.
??*Gilly*, Dragonfly. Have the best day you can folks!

Willynilly Thu 27-Feb-20 08:26:52

Good morning Mick et al from a damp and soggy East Mids. Not much to report here so I will wish all those struggling a decent day, may your worries not trouble you as much today. Urmston, Marydoll, Dragonfly, Gillybobs flowers

Mommawolf I wish my pup was so accommodating as to fit in so neatly to the household. She’s still a little b**ger!

Have a good day folks x

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 27-Feb-20 08:34:15

Good morning from east London, wet and grey, trying to motivate myself to get out the door as I’m due at the foodbank by 9. Then it’s a zip into town to meet some former colleagues who all have to be back for a meeting at 1.30pm (it’s a hard life..). Then there’s a gap til choir tonight. Have a good day.

BlueSapphire Thu 27-Feb-20 08:34:27

Good morning everyone from Northampton where it looks as though the rain is trying to turn into snow. There is a slight powdering on the grass, but it's not settling elsewhere.

Will try and get a few jobs done this morning to take my mind off the fact that DH died two years ago today. After lunch a friend is picking me up for our ballet class, and then I'll be collecting DGD from school and give her a snack before she gets picked up for girls' football club. Had a long chat on the phone with DS (her dad) yesterday as it was his birthday. He was stuck on a train just outside the station!

So sorry to hear that MrGilly is still suffering. Hoping that the day is kind to us all.

travelsafar Thu 27-Feb-20 08:35:44

Here in Letchworth we are having quite a heavy fall of snow at the moment. It all looks very lovely but not looking forward to going out a bit later.

Mapleleaf Thu 27-Feb-20 08:42:20

Good morning all,

It's been raining but is dry and bright now.

I'm meant to cut the grass today ready for the company I use coming to scarify it tomorrow but it is just too wet so they will have to manage it (as it isn't too long) or reschedule. I'm not risking an electric mower today!

Sorry to hear that your DH is in more discomfort than before Monday, gillybob and that he has had to have a catheter fitted, which the surgeon had been hoping to avoid. Poor man, and poor you. ?

Pilates this pm - it soon comes round.

To all feeling unwell, sad or with appointments, I hope today brings you a bit of sunshine.

Mapleleaf Thu 27-Feb-20 08:43:56

? BlueSapphire

Auntieflo Thu 27-Feb-20 08:45:51

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all.
It is snowing here, bit fat snowflakes that melt as soon as they hit the ground, but it seems to be coming down fast.
DH has an unscheduled visit to the dental repair place this morning, as a tooth broke off his plate last night. Then he has his injection/ implant a bit later. As he has been quite off colour, for him, these last couple of weeks, I hope it doesn't upset him too much.
Hoping that MrGillybob can rest comfortably, now that he is home, and Gilly can relax a bit, though she is a whirlwind, never stopping, and still has to go to 'that place'.
Nice to hear that you had some good news Grammaretto.
Marydoll, we need you to go to the hairdressers, just so that you can have a tale or two to tell us later on. We enjoy your novellas.
Stay safe and warm everyone, and have a good day.

Auntieflo Thu 27-Feb-20 08:47:14

BlueSapphire flowers

Feelingmyage55 Thu 27-Feb-20 08:49:11

Good morning. Snow in northern Scotland. Having a quiet day with the knitting needles. Lots of visitors next week as half term will be over and they prefer to come when it is quieter. I will make the most of today because next week will be a (fun) cookathon. marydoll. I hope you don’t get a row at the hairdresser for doing your own thing. At least you will catch up on lots of news and I presume get offered a cup of coffee. I hope it lifts your spirits. gillybob How frustrating. You must be spitting nails. ??. Does the catheter at least mean that you both get a better night’s sleep? I do hope things start to improve. dragonfly ?. I hope you can read or doze to pass the time. Let everyone look after you. Good wishes to everyone else. The sun is shining on the snow. I am going to sit by the window with my coffee looking at the birds at the feeder and water bowl. I shall probably sit for too long but they are so fascinating.

Feelingmyage55 Thu 27-Feb-20 08:50:43

mommawolf. May we have a photo of the pup please sometime? He sounds adorable.

Willynilly Thu 27-Feb-20 08:55:17

flowers BlueSapphire

Anniebach Thu 27-Feb-20 08:59:11

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Not a good day yesterday, lot of pressure, GP visited,
arranging a physiotherapist to call and social services.

Then council called, still on about new windows and bungalow has to be checked because the bungalows which
flooded are being checked .

Feel overwhelmed

Nortsat46 Thu 27-Feb-20 09:02:31

Good morning Mick and the GM team.
All good wishes to Dragonfly, Urmston, Marydoll, Gillybob and hoping for a virtual cuddle with the new puppy Mommawolf.

I had a grim day yesterday, the changes to my meds are still having horrible side effects. However, I am determined to meet a friend for lunch today and I may have a white wine spritzer (my life is very exciting...).

I have cancelled so many lunch dates, cinema trips, dinner arrangements and a (pre paid) concert since the beginning of January, due to health issues - so today I am going out for lunch ...

Sending good thoughts to all, especially those facing challenges. ?

Nortsat46 Thu 27-Feb-20 09:03:31

Anniebach ?

Urmstongran Thu 27-Feb-20 09:10:17

Just popped back to say the sun is shining here and we have a beautiful blue sky with white clouds. A gorgeous morning. I’m genuinely surprised.

Blue Sapphire and Anniebach ? ? from me.

Alygran Thu 27-Feb-20 09:12:27

flowers BlueSapphire

Grammaretto Thu 27-Feb-20 09:35:56

Anniebach, Nortsat flowers and ((hugs))
Let's see that pup Mommawolf to cheer us all up.