Gransnet forums

Chat

Just a silly question

(65 Posts)
MissAdventure Sat 29-Feb-20 20:03:36

Do any of you love Bruce Springsteen?

I've just watched him performing on an old music programme, and his fans absolutely adore him.

I've also known people who went to a gig because their partner loves Springsteen, and came out as die hard fans.

Anniebach Mon 02-Mar-20 09:57:12

Don’t think I have ever heard him or Meatloaf

Nanjust60 Mon 02-Mar-20 09:46:59

Another subject all I have read reports people stockpiling food because of the Coronavirus have you seen them as well and what are your thought

Purplepoppies Mon 02-Mar-20 07:27:43

I can understand fandom. I'm not a Boss fan myself. I've been fortunate to see many great bands in my life and plan to see many more. I'm still discovering new bands (the power of Amazon music and Shazam ?)
My granddaughter loves pink floyd, she's 9!! I'm passing on my music, its fab !!

GrandmaKT Mon 02-Mar-20 01:47:19

Love Bruce! Saw him several times in the 79s and 80s. Raw animal magnetism! I love Meatloaf's songs, but he doesn't have the presence of The Boss, and sadly his voice has gone as he's got older.

callgirl1 Sun 01-Mar-20 23:45:15

I`ve heard of him, but never heard any of his recordings.

vickymeldrew Sun 01-Mar-20 23:06:27

For Queen fans who never got to see Freddie Mercury, please go and see Queen with Adam Lambert. He is not trying to be Freddie, but the show is fabulous.

Evie64 Sun 01-Mar-20 22:45:49

Brucie baby is brilliant, but give me Pink Floyd, Genesis, Yes, Thin Lizzy, The Who any day.

dorcas1950 Sun 01-Mar-20 20:57:03

Love Bruce and Meatloaf. Tom Petty sadly missed.

MissAdventure Sun 01-Mar-20 19:40:27

I was watching him thinking what a great life he has.

Playing his guitar, singing his heart out, and having women and men jumping onstage to kiss him, just touch his guitar, and dance near him.

ALANaV Sun 01-Mar-20 19:02:39

Yes ...love him ! could name many others I also love ...but WHY do I get negative comments from 'friends' when I say I have been to see Bruce S, Queen, Neil Diamond, Elton John, a Vivaldi concert, Puccini, Tchaikovsky, etc etc (not to mention Andre Rieu) that tell me I cannot possibly be going to see Rod Stewart one week and Andre Rieu the next ….musical snobbery ! I just say ' WHY NOT'? ...we should not be restricted to enjoying only one type of music !

Daisymae Sun 01-Mar-20 18:10:19

Sarah - thought that you were going to tell us about your long weekend with Springsteen! Yes, I used to love him and he is aging remarkably well. There's still tracks that make me turn up the car music. It goes right over my DH head.

Reddog1 Sun 01-Mar-20 17:27:44

Love him. Have you seen Bruce on Broadway on Netflix. It's a must watch for all fans. grin

Tooyoungytobeagrandma Sun 01-Mar-20 16:53:09

Never seen Springsteen but have seen Queen, MJ, Genesis and the Eagles along with many other bands and love a live concert.

Barmeyoldbat Sun 01-Mar-20 16:36:53

Love Bruce but never seen him in concert, though I did see Queen.

rafichagran Sun 01-Mar-20 16:19:54

Not a silly question at all. Lovely thread, people giving opinions in a nice way.
Yes he is the Boss , As I said before. I loved Meatloaf when I was younger and still do.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 01-Mar-20 16:13:27

I quite like Springsteen but I don't idolise him. Best concert I ever went to was the Eagles on their Hell Freezes Over tour in 2001 - they sang everything in their back catalogue and more.

SirChenjin Sun 01-Mar-20 15:48:30

No - I’ve never understood the Springsteen love. It would be boring if we all liked the same thing though smile

BeenBizzy Sun 01-Mar-20 15:33:22

A Springsteen recording was played as my husbands funeral procession started to leave the church.
I spent many lonely hours searching for something that could be described as him.
I did not want a pop song, the words said it all.........
If you you have never heard this song it's well worth a listen.

Listed as. "" Terry's song. "". Or. "They broke the mold."

Jo.

polnan Sun 01-Mar-20 15:20:50

ah! sweet mystery of love

no..

not loved a celebrity for some time , years now.

Mario Lanza when I was a young teen at school.

nothing like that since.

MerylStreep Sun 01-Mar-20 14:25:54

MissAdventure
Your heading: just a silly question
I don't think it's silly at all compared to 'some' that have been put up lately ?

Scottiebear Sun 01-Mar-20 14:13:50

Seen him twice in Cardiff. In gold circle both times. Amazing

Saggi Sun 01-Mar-20 14:06:06

The Boss....what’s NOT to like?

Grannycool52 Sun 01-Mar-20 13:08:53

No, he's not my cup of tea. I've never warmed to him.

Maxblank Sun 01-Mar-20 13:08:45

I don't.mind either, but (just to throw a spanner in the works) I wished I'd gone to a queen concert.

I like to watch concerts on SKY ART but the fiancée doesnt, so I don't.

I have such an eclectic taste in music, happily listen to Bruce, or Neil young, or madness, or a little ska, pink Floyd or new country music, to hardcore rave/EDM.

Only music I never got into, was reggae or hardcore metal/thrash.

I like some for just one song.

My 2 fave songs has to be .... Bohemian Rhapsody, and Black Betty, closely followed by Paint It Black.

BladeAnnie Sun 01-Mar-20 13:07:04

Yes definitely a fan. Saw him concert 30+ years ago and he's excellent live. BUT imo no-one beats Bryan Adams - seen him live about 15 times and the man just gets better and better ........