Gransnet forums

Chat

Just a silly question

(64 Posts)
MissAdventure Sat 29-Feb-20 20:03:36

Do any of you love Bruce Springsteen?

I've just watched him performing on an old music programme, and his fans absolutely adore him.

I've also known people who went to a gig because their partner loves Springsteen, and came out as die hard fans.

JackyB Sat 29-Feb-20 20:06:04

No. Never liked him. I've forgotten why now, but I think it was something he said once.

MissAdventure Sat 29-Feb-20 20:08:01

A die hard fan told me he is absolutely fantastic to see, and always goes an hour or more over time.

I don't think I could bear it for that long!

giulia Sat 29-Feb-20 20:11:53

YES! Went to his last concert at Circo Massimo with two other over seventies. It lasted over four hours and he never once left the stage. His energy and the atmosphere he created were absolutely fantastic. One of my best memories to look back on,

SueDonim Sat 29-Feb-20 20:13:43

We’ve been keen Springsteen fans for years. Dh has seen him in concert though I didn’t go, for some reason. His most recent album is lovely.

BlueBelle Sat 29-Feb-20 20:29:31

Doesn’t do anything for me I m afraid neither music or person

Charleygirl5 Sat 29-Feb-20 20:31:35

I agree with Bluebelle I would go so far as to switch off the TV.

rafichagran Sat 29-Feb-20 20:35:24

Yes I really like him, his energy, the connection he has with his audience. I loved him performing The River and Jackson Cage.

MissAdventure Sat 29-Feb-20 20:35:46

I was thinking while watching him that I prefer Meatloaf.

rafichagran Sat 29-Feb-20 20:39:15

Yes I love Meatloaf as well from 2 out of 3 ain't bad and Paradise by the dashboard light. He really built up the mood in the latter.

MissAdventure Sat 29-Feb-20 20:40:27

smile
I love that song.

TrendyNannie6 Sat 29-Feb-20 20:42:07

Yes Me and my husband like Bruce and his music

SueDonim Sat 29-Feb-20 20:49:08

Now, I did go and see Meatloaf in concert. For one song, (possibly Dead Ringer for Love) he filled the venue with his voice without using a microphone! Astonishing.

rafichagran Sat 29-Feb-20 20:55:06

Dead ringer is amazing, as well as I would do anything for love.

BradfordLass73 Sun 01-Mar-20 04:33:17

Who?

kittylester Sun 01-Mar-20 08:55:22

I'm not keen on Springsteen but Meatloaf in his hey day was phenomenal.

We've seen him quite a few times but the best was an outdoor concert at Warwick Castle!

BlueBelle Sun 01-Mar-20 08:58:28

Ah now there’s no comparison is there missadventure Meatloaf definitely had something, a voice, and some strange charisma that Springsteen seems to miss out on

Grammaretto Sun 01-Mar-20 09:03:49

I could watch for a little while but FOUR HOURS!!
I prefer classical music these days though in my youth I went to see the Stones, in their youth!

MerylStreep Sun 01-Mar-20 09:16:12

I've seen Bruce in concert: amazing performance ??
I didn't realise how often I'd played the Bat out of Hell album until my daughter was older and she knows every word to every song on the album ?

Molly10 Sun 01-Mar-20 10:27:49

Long term fan. He is amazing and brilliant performer stadium or accoustic. A former colleague had Springtseen payed at her funeral.
I like Meatloaf too and have seen him in concert but sorry he is not a patch on Springsteen.

Paperbackwriter Sun 01-Mar-20 10:33:43

I can't believe anyone would put Meatloaf and Springsteen in the same sentence! Bruce is brilliant - I've seen him twice live and he was just wonderful. Some of the songs are sublime - try the acoustic, live Hammersmith Odeon-recorded version of Thunder Road.

Humbertbear Sun 01-Mar-20 10:40:37

It’s not a silly question. Bruce is the Boss. I’ve been a fan for over 40 years and go to see him every time he performs in London. He’s a brilliant songwriter and musician and has never lost touch with his roots

Davida1968 Sun 01-Mar-20 10:44:55

DH & I both love Bruce! We've some of his CDSs. (This dates us......)

sarahellenwhitney Sun 01-Mar-20 10:51:29

Memories of the time I spent a long weekend with a friend touring Snowdonia .We seemed to be the only people around but lots of sheep so car windows open, Springsteen disc on full blast, we joined in . Dancing in the Dark my favourite.
Happy days.sunshine

henetha Sun 01-Mar-20 11:00:02

Yes, I'm a fan of Bruce and like his music... Downbound Train,
Darlington County, etc., great songs. I always associate it now with a motorhome holiday I once had in America when we
played his music a lot.