Gransnet forums

Chat

The most important question yet!

(81 Posts)
Artdecogran Sun 01-Mar-20 11:57:59

Do you dress your top or bottom part first when getting dressed in the morning? Tried getting dressed the other way round this morning and it felt really odd. Just a lighthearted question for fun instead of doom and gloom.

SparklyGrandma Tue 03-Mar-20 23:13:25

It depends on whether I am putting a dress ( in summer) or trousers on but after wash or shower, it’s knickers, bra, trousers, pop socks, boots then jumper.

In summer it’s knickers, bra, dress, sandals. Much simpler.

JackyB Tue 03-Mar-20 16:27:56

After underwear I always put my top on first. On the basis that I am at least reasonably covered up if caught out. With just trousers and bra on, I am definitely not dressed, but with t-shirt and knickers I can pass as decent. (most of my tops cover my bottom IYSWIM)

Artdecogran Tue 03-Mar-20 14:21:35

My mind goes to weird places ?

NannyG123 Tue 03-Mar-20 14:14:09

Top first. And up until now I've never really thought about it.

Linipn64 Tue 03-Mar-20 10:33:13

Shower
Wash hair
Clean teach
Wrap myself in a towel
Jump back in bed
Hubby brings me a coffee
Out of bed,dry
Knickers on
Bra on
Bottoms then top
Make up on .

jaylucy Tue 03-Mar-20 10:31:41

Shower, knickers first, then bra (that's after body lotion has been applied and moisturiser to face) then tops followed by trousers this time of the year a)because it's warmer that way and b) because I can then tuck my vest/tshirt inside my trousers!

Evie64 Mon 02-Mar-20 23:46:45

Knickers, trousers, then bra and top and lastly shoes. When I get home from work the first thing to come off is the shoes and the bra!

SirChenjin Mon 02-Mar-20 23:14:55

A tanned bottom??! You racy thing, you grin

Seefah Mon 02-Mar-20 22:46:25

I was completely taken aback by Rufus2 and the thong! I thought crikey thats racy.
When I read thongs are flip flops ?? I almost choked on my coffee laughing.
As for dressing knickers quick and trousers before DH sees the two great white end of winter moons. In June when I have a tanned bottom I might hang around a bit longer lol but always bottom then up !

Mollygo Mon 02-Mar-20 22:14:17

Shower, pants, jeans, bra, camisole, top. Socks last if I’m wearing them. Teeth , makeup, hair.
I used to be able to do the lot in 15 mins, but it’s more like 25 now.

Merryweather Mon 02-Mar-20 21:39:19

I do shower, pants, bra, top, socks if I’m wearing any then trousers or skirt.
Makeup, hair and teeth done between mascara coats drying. 20/25 min done. Unless I’m having a bad day then it’s my partner who helps or I stay put if it’s really bad.
I guess I’m an odd one though!

Abuelana Mon 02-Mar-20 21:30:50

Nic’s
bra (looking out of bedroom window) were not overlooked
Socks / tights
Bottom or dress
Heaven help if I change it I get all missed up

Joesoap Mon 02-Mar-20 19:51:26

Definately bottom part first. I dont think I could do it the other way round after all these years.A creature of habit,thats me.

allule Mon 02-Mar-20 19:01:50

Right sock first, as arthritis makes this such a painful manoeuvre that I like to get it over with!

moobox Mon 02-Mar-20 18:36:22

I always clean the house from the top downwards even if I am short of time and expecting a visitor to the downstairs

Kim19 Mon 02-Mar-20 18:29:04

I'm with annepl in that I'm straight from shower to my lovely bedroom fan heater. Bliss. Think I mostly do top first but it can vary.

HillyN Mon 02-Mar-20 17:39:09

After a shower I'm with annodomini - socks first, then work my way up. But if I'm strip-washing on a cold morning, then I keep my pyjama bottoms on, wash face, hands and armpits, use deodorant and dress my top half, then wash and dress the bottom half!

grandtanteJE65 Mon 02-Mar-20 17:30:52

Top first for me always, both in the morning and after taking a shower.

Theoddbird Mon 02-Mar-20 17:16:40

Knickers first. It would feel odd to put bra on first. I can't remember ever doing that...

kathyd Mon 02-Mar-20 17:15:29

I seem to be the only one who puts mysocks on first, but I don't wear them every day.
Socks, knickers, jeans, bra, top/s.

mothertrucker52 Mon 02-Mar-20 16:54:39

Knickers, bra, t-shirt, socks, jeans, jumper. Dressing gown on while making my way to bathroom on getting out of bed to avoid distress to any innocent passers-by!

CBBL Mon 02-Mar-20 16:50:41

Shower, then Knickers. Depending upon how cold it is, I then use deodorant, put on Bra. If wearing trousers, treat feet to either pedicure type cream, or a quick rub on hard skin areas, followed by smoothing /moisturising cream before donning tights, then a top, Trousers and jumper or cardigan. Last touches, - brush teeth, brush and comb hair, add perfume and jewellery if going out.

polnan Mon 02-Mar-20 16:44:11

knickers, always first. then sort of .. bra or trousers, or socks.

Aepgirl Mon 02-Mar-20 16:44:07

Pants, bra, vest/cami-top, tights, trousers, jumper. Then I’m ready for makeup and jewellery.

BlueBelle Mon 02-Mar-20 12:21:37

I know thongs are flip flops down under and NZ sirchen I just wanted to put Rufus in the picture as to what they are here The mind boggles if he was wearing them ???? to the shop