Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(63 Posts)
12Michael Mon 02-Mar-20 06:09:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its wet here in Brackley this morning.
Mind you the days are starting to open up with more daylight.
Today, a general stay in clean up , and maybe some banking.
Mick

Urmstongran Mon 02-Mar-20 07:53:55

By the time it took to compose my post, Susan56 and Brunette10 had posted.

Many happy returns Susan! ??? and happy new car Brunette!

Bellasnana Mon 02-Mar-20 07:53:55

Good morning from Malta where it is looking like another sunny day.

Happy birthday Susan56, hope you enjoy it. ?

I’ve got a dilemma and can’t decide what I should do. DD1 has asked me to go with her as she is relocating from California to Washington DC. She knows I enjoy a good road trip. The thing is, she leaves on Wednesday week so I haven’t much time to think about it. Plus my poor dog will have to go back to kennels, not to mention the coronavirus.

I have also been thinking of Mommawolf and re-reading her posts. Tragic and sobering to think there’s absolutely nothing we can do to change fate.

Anyway, hope everyone has as good a day as possible. Take care all of you.sunshine

Marydoll Mon 02-Mar-20 07:54:38

Good morning all from Glasgow and it's dry! The first time in weeks, I think. smile

I have a long hospital appointment today, to be screened before I begin (or not) my new RA treatment. They even check for suspicious moles! A full body MOT for free. wink
I was shocked to find that the treatment costs £10,000 a year per patient. How can pharmaceutical companies justify that extortionate cost, even factoring the cost of development? ?

I'm trying to persuade DH, if it doesn't take too long and I feel OK , to go for lunch in an Italian restaurant near the hospital. The have a fabulous delicatessan and it's the only place I know which sells jars of clams for my favourite dish. I have run out. sad

Oh how I envy you active grans, who are going out walking or to the gym. (Well perhaps not the gym bit! ?) Enjoy!

Healing thoughts being sent to all the sick bay patients. Hoping for better news of Gilly.

Have the best day you can.

Curlywhirly Mon 02-Mar-20 07:57:38

Happy Birthday Susan56 ??? hope you have a great day!

Brunette10 Mon 02-Mar-20 07:58:30

Urmstongran - Thank you smile

Marydoll Mon 02-Mar-20 07:58:58

Happy birthday Susan ?? and Brunette, ? take care, no speeding!

Pittcity Mon 02-Mar-20 08:01:50

Good morning from a grey Colchester. This thread has a different vibe this morning, but we are all pulling together as usual.
I am off to walking Netball as usual for a Monday.
Happy Birthday Susan 56 thankscupcake and much love to all. xx

oliversnana Mon 02-Mar-20 08:02:54

Good morning all from a sunny yet chilly melton mowbray.
Well gs2 taken to nursery as dd has gone to hospital for a c section so the arrival of dgs3. So a busy time coming up.
Best wishes and kind thiughts for all tjose going through bad times.

Urmstongran Mon 02-Mar-20 08:05:58

Hope all goes well today oliversnana ... are you a newbie? If so ‘hello* and welcome!
?

Marydoll Mon 02-Mar-20 08:10:25

oliversnana, fingers crossed, hope all goes well.

Nannytopsy Mon 02-Mar-20 08:14:17

Good luck for the new baby oliversnana

Greyduster Mon 02-Mar-20 08:20:25

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Cold but bright in South Yorkshire. DH has to go to the walk in X-ray centre at the hospital this morning, and I think he has been persuaded not to go on the bus, even though it is much less trouble than trying to find a parking space. School run this afternoon. Happy Birthday, Susan?! Thinking of Hannah and Momma’s family this morning. Have the best day you can folks.

BlueBelle Mon 02-Mar-20 08:21:15

Morning everyone cold grey and damp start here in Suffolk
Congrats on the new baby oliversnana
Happy birthday susan
Off to have a pub lunch with a couple of friends otherwise more clearing up (trying to tidy all my spare clutter rooms) I feel I need to get rid of so much before I disappear from the world I don’t want to leave it all to my poor daughter to do ....on that happy note I ll have a coffee
Have a good one everyone

harrigran Mon 02-Mar-20 08:23:03

Good morning from a sunny but cold NE.
My sister and I are going to visit our cousin in a nursing home, she is at the very end of her life and her youngest DD is with her 24 hours a day.
My thoughts have been about Mommawolf's DD and how gillybob is managing.
Best wishes to all.

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 02-Mar-20 08:27:31

Good morning from east London, dull and grey although the mornings seem to be pulling out very quickly. I had thought about a swim this morning as I’m not playing tennis later, but the will is not there. Perhaps tomorrow. I’m back into town at lunchtime to meet a couple of people I haven’t seen for some time/years; quite exciting and a change from swopping comments on social media. Hope you have a reasonable day.

Nortsat46 Mon 02-Mar-20 08:33:41

Morning Mick and the GM team, from a grey East London.
I have been thinking of Mommawolf and her family and the magnitude of their loss.
And of Oldgaijin too. ?

Consultant appointment at Barts Hospital for me this morning.
Then possibly our dear stray cat to the vet ...

Have the best day you can, all. Good wishes to all in the GM sick bay.

ItzyBitzy Mon 02-Mar-20 08:37:21

I can’t stop thinking about Mommawolf either. I can’t believe that it’s not even been in the news, surely they deserve more.

moggie Mon 02-Mar-20 08:42:25

Good morning Mick & all from frosty, bright start in Nottingham.
Ironing this morning. Optician appointment this afternoon.
Happy Birthday Susan56
Best wishes for new arrival oliversnana.
Hope all not well or struggling have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

GrannySomerset Mon 02-Mar-20 08:43:58

Enjoying tea and pills before getting DH ready for the day ahead, which is dominated by an appointment with a consultant to discuss getting a cataract sorted. It’s in his good eye (of course!) and he really needs to see better than he does at present. He is prone to falls and not seeing properly is not helping.

Then domestic and admin tasks and choir practice this evening to start preparations for Easter.

Sending good wishes to all those with a challenging or unhappy day ahead, especially Marydoll and Gillybob who have particular difficulties to contend with.

Anniebach Mon 02-Mar-20 08:53:30

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

BladeAnnie Mon 02-Mar-20 09:00:19

Good morning everyone - I too have had Mommawolf on my mind and it just brings home how very precious life is. I was due to meet a friend for coffee today but she is unwell so I will have a quiet day as I have hospital appointments on the next 3 days. Hoping Marydoll's appointment goes well. May Monday be kind to us all x

gillybob Mon 02-Mar-20 09:05:18

Good morning from the NE coast where we had a bit of a frosty start to Monday ( my first worst day of the week) .

Like others I have never stopped thinking of Mommawolf and her family . Her posts were a breath of fresh air and she will be sadly missed.
It just doesn’t seem right posting about my mundane life .

DH has had a comfortable weekend . Spent mostly asleep . New painkillers obviously working but making him very sleepy . Hospital appointment arrived for tomorrow ( Tuesday ) and we have to be there for 08.30 am . We will hit the worst traffic in the city centre and will probably have to be up at 5am to make it on time .

Happy Birthday Susan . I hope you have a lovely day . It’s my eldest DGD’s birthday today too. smile

Hoping for some lovely new baby news to cheer us up tomorrow then Oliversnana . Hope all goes well .

Have a good day everyone .

Love Gillybob x

Willynilly Mon 02-Mar-20 09:05:56

Good morning Mick et al from a frosty East Mids.
Just the usual here today. A few domestic jobs, dog walking and pottering.

Hope all goes well Marydoll, and best wishes to Oliversnana and Susan.

Have a lovely day folks x

Mapleleaf Mon 02-Mar-20 09:07:52

Good morning all,

It's bright and frosty here today and also so far, it's calm!

Today must be the day for dentists as I've got an appointment for a filling later - the first of two. (They are on either side of my jaw so can't be done together). Not had a filling since aged about 11 and that wasn't a pleasant experience as the dentist then was none too gentle. I hope it's a better experience this time round.

Happy birthday Susan. Enjoy your celebrations! ???

Yes, it was such sad news yesterday about mommawolf and her DH - so tragic. A very difficult time ahead for the family, and they are in my thoughts as they are with so many GNs.

Take care, everyone.

Mapleleaf Mon 02-Mar-20 09:09:03

P,S. What lovely news Oliversgran. Congratulations.?