Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(67 Posts)
12Michael Thu 05-Mar-20 06:10:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Another twilight start this morning, looks frosty out but dry in Brackley.
Today will be on the buses again to my usual destinations, have a couple of coffees and eats plus shop.
Hoping that sporting fixtures I watch on TV go ahead this weekend in Italy and France.
Mick

Chewbacca Thu 05-Mar-20 08:04:51

Morning everyone! It's a cold and windy, but dry day in Cheshire. I'm just waiting for the 2 GC to be dropped off by DIL and then it's the mad run to 2 schools in opposite directions! Hope everyone's day goes as planned.

mumofmadboys Thu 05-Mar-20 08:07:31

Good morning all. Greetings from Cumbria. Looks dry and bright outside but cold! Still in bed! Have as good a day as possible everyone.

Lins1066 Thu 05-Mar-20 08:10:42

Good Morning Mick and all. Cold and damp on the S Welsh coast.
DH going out for lunch with volunteering colleagues at the NT property where he is a volunteer.

DS was on one of the last Flybe flights from Edinburgh into Cardiff last night, he was lucky to get home. I feel sorry for those whose flights are cancelled, the company have gone into administration.

Having DH's late parents' home valued at 9 am, so better get moving. Best wishes to all who are struggling for whatever reason.

Pittcity Thu 05-Mar-20 08:10:45

Good morning from a damp, dismal Colchester. I was contemplating Genesis tickets Sar53. Will have to be Monday night as trains from here are rubbish on Sundays. I have just paid out for Wimbledon tickets and so finances may be stretched....under an hour to decide!

Nanabanana1 Thu 05-Mar-20 08:13:36

Good morning all from a very wet Torbay it has been raining most of the night, Got up and made a cup of tea and brought it back to bed, nothing planned for today maybe some baking later.
Had a lovely meet up earlier in the week with lovely Gransnetters.
Wishing all as good a day as possible.

EllanVannin Thu 05-Mar-20 08:14:05

Good Morning All x
May I first thank everyone for their thoughts posted yesterday, as it does help so much at times when you think you're alone with your sorrow. x

It's a bright crisp morning here by the riverside with white roofs dotted here and there. Once upon a time weather like this used to kill off all the bugs.

Had a visit yesterday from D and 3 GGC which was nice, though the 9 year old suddenly broke down wanting his dad which was upsetting for him and for us to see too so I diverted his attention to ask what he had in his " man bag ".
It was typical of a young boys pockets---loose change, the odd sweets and some stones of all shapes sizes and colours, no creepies/ frogs or dried-up worms I'm glad to say.

I want to finish cleaning the kitchen today then I'll start on the bathroom. No shopping to do so I can just crack on without breaking off ( famous last words ) I'm expecting a parcel at some point as well so I'll be here to receive it.

I hope everyone's staying well. I don't want to hear of anyone coughing and sneezing etc. My thoughts to Marydoll, Dragonfly and the Gillybob's and others who've got their problems and issues.xx
Urmstongran, enjoy the warmth of that sun in lovely Malaga and surrounding areas there.

Auntieflo Thu 05-Mar-20 08:21:37

Morning Michael, Annie and all, from a very grey Berks.
I am just finishing my first cup of tea in bed, but must get up soon, as I have a Dr's appointment at 10.00 am. It is just for my VitB12 injection, so hope it gives me a bit more get up and go, at least for a while. Then an hour later, DH is there!

I didn't get to 'sign in' yesterday, so missed any news from Gillybob, if there was any. Hope all is well with them and also with Marydoll, Dragonfly and all who are suffering from Kittylester's Buggerations (Kitty, I sometimes now use your expression, much to the bemusement of DH)

Bluebelle love the fact that you enjoy your voluntary work, I do too, and Tuesday afternoons are lovely.

We are working our way through a large bottle of hand sanitiser, so as we have some vodka, I may think about making some more, if I can find the recipe.

Have a good day one and all.

Mapleleaf Thu 05-Mar-20 08:27:08

Good morning all,

It's slightly musty, grey and frosty this morning.
Car is in for its service today - should have been done when it had its MOT but they forgot to add that in the diary.

Pilates today. My friend is kindly driving us this week and collecting me from the garage before we go.

Had a good day out yesterday with two friends, shopping and lunch. I was looking for some dressy trousers to wear to a wedding in May, but couldn't find anything suitable. May have to resort to a dress, but the trouble is, it won't get as much wear as trousers will after the wedding. Oh well, I'll keep looking. My friends had better luck with their shopping. ?
Sending best wishes to all who are unwell or feeling sad today. ?

conor Thu 05-Mar-20 08:28:32

Good morning from a grey drizzly Essex. Just the sort of morning for the children to walk to school all dressed up for World Book Day! I have got my outfit ready as have the same one for its annual outing and volunteering in school all day so don't want to be the only one not dressed up!! Wishing those with worries or troubles a better day xxxx

dragonfly46 Thu 05-Mar-20 08:29:18

Good morning from grey Leicestershire. Not posted for a while as latest treatment made me feel really yuk!

Hoping to see friends for coffee this morning if I can summon up the energy.

Missed your post yesterday Ellen hope you are okay.
Sending love to Marydoll and Gilly. More scans tomorrow I believe.

dragonfly46 Thu 05-Mar-20 08:34:53

Just read your post Ellen I am so sorry to hear about your GGC’s father. flowers

GrannySomerset Thu 05-Mar-20 08:40:15

Wet again in our bit of North Somerset. Some consistent dry weather would be so very welcome. Hairdresser shortly, supermarket shop, choir practice and then this evening local history society, so a busy day.

Hope that all our posters with fragile health steer clear of the dreaded virus. It does start to look as though more draconian measures restricting normal life will soon be called for. I wonder how the cult of the individual will respond if that happens.

Greyduster Thu 05-Mar-20 08:49:50

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Maple has our weather spot on this morning - I’d hoped to get some laundry out today.
We spent yesterday looking at furniture, and are going to spend today looking at furniture, and then there will be another tussle about what can be fitted into the living room and what cannot! My cup runneth over!
DH was waiting for a football match on tv to kick off yesterday between one of our local teams and Man City when he called me into the room and there was our GS on the tele! He was taking photos of the players, and was on camera for quite a few seconds. His mum missed it!
Have the best day you can, folks.

Baggs Thu 05-Mar-20 08:50:04

Morning, folks! Back to damp in Argyll. Well, it has been damp all along; we rarely get actual dry. But there's damp and DAMP. The last few weeks have been of the latter variety.

Meanwhile, in other news, I reckon that from today I might be able to sup the top half of a mug of tea using my left (and usual) hand to hold the mug. I'll still need to do the more serious mug-tipping right-handedly for a while.

Hope as many as possible have Happy Thursdays.

BladeAnnie Thu 05-Mar-20 08:54:51

Good morning - currently sat in the waiting room for my final hospital appointment of the week. Then hopefully DOH and I going out for breakfast (if I'm not too long that is!!). May Thursday be kind to us all x

Greyduster Thu 05-Mar-20 08:55:22

Onward and upward, Baggs. Glad to hear your shoulder is improving!

gillybob Thu 05-Mar-20 08:58:01

A late good morning from the North East coast where we have a cold but beautifully sunny start to the day .

I too must’ve missed the dad news about your DGC’s father EllenVannin I remember that he was in the ICU at the same time as my DH . I am so sorry that he didn’t make it and so very young . Life can be so cruel . Your poor GC must be devastated poor lambs . sad

There seems to be a lot of sadness on this thread lately or buggerations as Kittylester so eloquently put it. Let’s hope the spring brings us some happier times for those who are suffering .

So sorry to hear your eye is no better Susan you’ll really have to give up the boxing now wink good idea to make an appointment to get it checked .

I noticed a corona centre had sprung up in the car park when I was at the hospital with DH the other day Harrigran a bit bigger than a pod though, more like a whole building shock

It’s lovely to hear you enjoy your job Bluebell but like NannyJan said I would give anything to leave mine I hate it so much . Just off there now for another thrilling day .

Have a good Thursday everyone ( my fourth worst and third best day of the week).

Love Gillybob xx

gillybob Thu 05-Mar-20 08:58:40

Sad news..... not dad news .... I’m so sorry Ellen

cornergran Thu 05-Mar-20 09:00:23

Morning Mick, morning All from a grey, wet corner of Somerset. Enough now. Time for some sustained bright weather. Some seriously needed sorting today then off out look at internal doors. Could be ‘interesting’. I also missed your post yesterday ellen, look after yourself, a sad time for your family. The tried and tested method here for furniture is to make a newspaper ‘pattern’ of a potential purchase and see how well, or not, it fits greyd. It has saved us from many a disaster as Mr C is invariably over optimistic and I tend to the opposite. That is good news baggs, getting there. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone, especially those with worries of any kind.

Marydoll Thu 05-Mar-20 09:01:18

Good morning all from Glasgow.

Heart clinic today, so DH will have to do the nursery run.

Thanks to all those who posted kind words about me on another thread.
Nothing else to say really. Need to get a move on.

Healing thoughts to all my pals in the sickbay.

BladeAnnie Thu 05-Mar-20 09:02:32

Kittylester loving the buggerations!!

Anniebach Thu 05-Mar-20 09:03:09

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

So many are troubled, I send love x

EllanVannin Thu 05-Mar-20 09:07:38

Such a difficult time Dragonfly. I keep crying when I think about it but have to be brave for the sake of the children and it's so hard.
The 3 older ones took a bunch of flowers to their granddad and step-grandma on Tuesday and he gave them some " treasures " that belonged to their dad, including a baseball cap which he wore when he lost his hair, so I think the child wears it in bed as he had it on yesterday when they came to see me.

Thankyou for your thoughts and flowers it's comforting to know, even though we don't know each other, that we all understand times like these .xx

EllanVannin Thu 05-Mar-20 09:13:34

Yes, Gillybob, the lad was in ICU at the same time as your DH and seemed to be picking up as he got pneumonia then sepsis.
He was then moved to a ward and got a chest infection and was back in ICU again for the last time sad

Thankyou for your thoughts xx I'm always thinking of you too and how hard you work despite the struggles.

Urmstongran Thu 05-Mar-20 10:11:07

Good morning everyone from a gloriously sunny Malaga! I’ve been sat here on the balcony catching up reading all the posts from yesterday and then this morning’s hence I’m a good bit later on here.

Firstly I’d like to offer my sincere condolences to you and your family EV. Such a tragic loss of a young life indeed and much to bear - my heart goes out to you.

Good to hear your husband has another appointment tomorrow gillybob. Hopefully it seems that his health might be on track, finally, to well being. You’ve both struggled for months now. How is your mouth now? Perhaps you are pain free at long last?

Rufus you made me chuckle about parachuting into a bull ring with my red knickers! A bit like that scene from the James Bond film with the Queen and Daniel Craig!

Hoping your anxiety level has lessened a bit today Bellasnana. Love your ‘buggerations’ word kitty I intend to use it myself from now on!

Himself has just made coffee (we have our duties split well don’t we? - me on the iPad and he’s also done the washing up whilst I was catching up on here! - then I should really stir my stumps and get dressed. Remember we ARE an hour ahead here!
#lazygran

Hope Thursday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x