Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(93 Posts)
12Michael Fri 06-Mar-20 06:11:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its starting to be day light , looks like some ground frost as well here in Brackley .
My day will be shop, bank, maybe go out later but will see, one event I wanted to watch tomorrow which takes place on the gravel roads of Tuscany has been cancelled , but hope the other cycle race starts in France on Sunday, but will see.
Mick

JenniferEccles Sat 07-Mar-20 08:24:28

I also did not speculate about the specific case in question.

I tried to ensure I worded it generally when I said that hoaxes do unfortunately appear on all social media sites including Gransnet.

I had no intention of ‘spoiling’ anything!

Marydoll Sat 07-Mar-20 00:08:53

The post I made was to explain about deleted posts and PMs,
I did not speculate about the actual situation.

Marydoll Sat 07-Mar-20 00:01:24

Earlier in this thread GNHQ removed a number of posts and posted this message.

Hi all, Just a reminder that these threads are to provide support without judgement. We were very sorry to hear about the passing of one of our members and we would ask you to respect the family's wishes and not speculate on the details at what is a very difficult time.

I think that explains my post.

lavenderzen Fri 06-Mar-20 23:56:12

Marydoll the thread hasn't been "derailed" as you put it, someone made a comment further up and you answered it @18.44, it followed on from there. It's a bit much if people can't say something about it, it was a shock Marydoll to many of us.

Marydoll Fri 06-Mar-20 23:39:42

Yet again a lovely thread has been derailed. I think we should close the door on this and move on from all this speculation, hoax or not.

JenniferEccles Fri 06-Mar-20 22:29:10

On social media in general of course not everyone is as they seem.

There are unfortunately those who for reasons best known to themselves will write a post which turns out to be a hoax .

lavenderzen Fri 06-Mar-20 21:07:58

Yes, me to, I couldn't believe what I was reading about mommawolf. It upset me all over again as it did others.

Nannytopsy Fri 06-Mar-20 20:49:04

I am glad that GNHQ have stepped up about mommawolf.

lavenderzen Fri 06-Mar-20 20:34:13

I didn't know that about pm's. I have cleared my inbox a day or two ago but I am still here and I hope I haven't offended anyone.

Marydoll Fri 06-Mar-20 18:44:34

The We are GNHQ, (as is their prerogative) who have deleted any references to Mommawolf. It doesn't mean that anything nasty has been said.

Marydoll Fri 06-Mar-20 18:29:54

Farview, it doesn't mean GNHQ are reading your PMs.
If a user deletes PMs to a person, the replies linked to that PM are also deleted. It happened to me before, when a poster was tidying up and deleted PMs sent to me, my replies also disappeared. Any correspondence linked to the original PM seem to be deleted automatically.

I suspect the person you had been messaging, has decided to delete their messages to you or has actually left GN.

I hope this makes sense.

Gingster Fri 06-Mar-20 18:25:43

I had my post deleted and I hadn’t said anything nasty or disrespectful. Who IS deleting our posts?

farview Fri 06-Mar-20 18:14:47

Well my PMs to and from another gransnetter today have all been removed...so am going to stop using gransnet..I thought a PM was just that PRIVATE!!!

Megs36 Fri 06-Mar-20 17:27:29

Being particularly thick but who are the WE who are deleting posts and why??

Celendine Fri 06-Mar-20 11:37:18

Morning all, sunny and gales here in county cork. Hopefully ground will dry out otherwise we will need webbed feet soon! Primroses and the persistent dandelions are out againgrin. Genesis sounds fab sunshine

Marydoll Fri 06-Mar-20 11:16:04

Success! My husband eventually got his tickets, he is so excited (and in a very good mood) ! grin

Sar53 Fri 06-Mar-20 11:13:30

My youngest daughter managed to secure 3 tickets to see Genesis in November. Up in the gods but the atmosphere will be amazing. We are all very excited !!! I also have a ticket to see the Australian Pink Floyd at the beginning of November. I think my relatively new husband sometimes wonders who he has married. My girls were brought up on 70's rock music so we will have a great evening.

NfkDumpling Fri 06-Mar-20 10:39:46

Morning All

A bright spring morning in my bit of Norfolk.

I've only just surfaced having been up all night with what might be a tummy bug. Goodness knows how/where I picked it up as I've been washing my hands every five minutes! I'm supposed to be in a quiz team tonight so hopefully all will be well by then although it could be fate as they may well do better without me.

Have good and successful days everyone.

NanKate Fri 06-Mar-20 10:38:00

Morning Mick and All from sunny West Sussex.

Sorry you are not feeling well Mary. Glad you got lots of support from you GN pals after the nastiness of yesterday.

Well we have finished our first stint of looking after the DGSs and you could now describe me as a worn out dish clothe and DH similar. As I tried to get a quick shower in before taking the boys to school the youngest 7 walks into the bathroom and discusses with me whether I can come downstairs and play cars with him. ? He appeared oblivious of me being starkers.

Hope all goes well for *Gillybob’s) DH. ?

Kalu Fri 06-Mar-20 10:02:25

Good morning all from another sunny start to the day in Glasgow.

Didn’t quite make it to St. Andrews yesterday. DH fell asleep?. Another attempt to go today?? Definitely visiting Pretty Things Mary. Hope you feel better as the day goes on. Take things easy.

What a glorious day ahead for you Urmstongran? Enjoy your time away.

I hope things calm down for you Bellasnana.
Kind thoughts are with you during such a very sad time EllenVannin
Thoughts also with gilly and Dragonfly

Best wishes to all for a pleasant day.

SadafGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 06-Mar-20 10:00:56

Hi all, Just a reminder that these threads are to provide support without judgement. We were very sorry to hear about the passing of one of our members and we would ask you to respect the family's wishes and not speculate on the details at what is a very difficult time.

Scentia Fri 06-Mar-20 09:59:46

Welcome Goodbyetoallthat

Goodbyetoallthat Fri 06-Mar-20 09:45:13

Morning all. A newbie to posting on this thread but manage to read it most mornings on my way to work.
I am based in South Wales along with a couple of other posters so you don't need a weather update from here (though it is probably worth noting that it's not raining smile)!
Have a good day & weekend everyone.

gillybob Fri 06-Mar-20 09:40:25

Good morning from a bright, sunny and very busy NE hospital car park. Just a quick touch base as DH is waiting his turn . I will catch up with previous posts later.

Hope everyone has a good Friday ( my most favourite day of the week ).

Love Gillybob x

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 06-Mar-20 09:39:27

Good morning from east London, bright blue skies, little bit chill. I’ve been awake for ages enjoying a good read (keggie carew, Dadland ) now in a scurry as I promised DP I’d be ready to go when he gets back from the doctors which is about 10. I’d threatened not to go back to the Southend house until there was some progress in selling it; also our house is filling up as the other one empties. I gave in yesterday and arranged a couple of estate agent viewings today; he said he hadn’t got round to doing as he had some ironing to do (!). So we need to vamos to get there in time for the first one. Have a good day.