Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(92 Posts)
12Michael Fri 06-Mar-20 06:11:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its starting to be day light , looks like some ground frost as well here in Brackley .
My day will be shop, bank, maybe go out later but will see, one event I wanted to watch tomorrow which takes place on the gravel roads of Tuscany has been cancelled , but hope the other cycle race starts in France on Sunday, but will see.
Mick

Beechnut Fri 06-Mar-20 06:25:47

Good Morning everyone from a frosty start on Severnside.

I’m off to do battle with a shopping trolley later and have found out via store locator that a shop near me sells a fragrance that I like so I’m off to find out and keeping my fingers crossed I will be able to make a purchase.

I hope you all have a pleasant day and keep warm and snug ?

Ginny42 Fri 06-Mar-20 06:34:07

Good morning Mick and everyone. There is frost on the rooftops and mist in the woods at the bottom of the garden in my corner of Cheshire. The birds are silent this morning.

I've set aside today for baking for a charity event tomorrow, which at the present time is going ahead, but final decision tomorrow morning.

Will walk in the woods round 9.00 then pop out for a few ingredients I forgot to buy yesterday.

We have some very sad good morning people at the moment, so a special hug for Ellen Vannin and warm get well wishes to Gilly and her DH, dragonfly and marydoll.

Enjoy your day whatever you may have planned. flowers for all.

ArtySue Fri 06-Mar-20 06:34:30

Good morning from south Cornwall. Lying in bed with window opening listening to the seagulls yapping to each other. Pick up 4 year old granddaughter at midday and we'll have an afternoon of doing arty stuff. Must get up and make a coffee!

Oopsadaisy3 Fri 06-Mar-20 06:43:36

Good morning everybody, dull and gloomy here in Oxfordshire, washing today and starting to pack for holiday next week, DH has a chest infection but is still determined to go.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Sark Fri 06-Mar-20 06:52:26

Good Morning from Oxfordshire
Just work and food shopping for me today-what an exciting life I lead!
Thinking of all who are poorly or struggling

BlueSapphire Fri 06-Mar-20 06:53:45

Good morning everyone from a frosty Northampton.
Will pop down to M&S Food and Sainsbury's this morning for a coffee out and to pick up my prescription. Then when I get back shall make a large chicken curry for the slow cooker; I shall have one portion tonight then freeze the rest.
After consultation with DS and DD yesterday I have decided to go to the Albert Hall tomorrow for my concert, they just said to take the recommended precautions, such as handwashing, wearing gloves, and tissues etc. It is probably no more risk than going to rugby last week in a stadium of 15,000 people, milling around pre-match and at half time.
Sending good wishes to all with worries and sadness.

Pantglas2 Fri 06-Mar-20 06:54:19

Morning all from a dry north Wales where I’m sipping my chamberpot of tea and like Beechnut and Ginny42 I’m shopping later and hoping not to catch anything!

So lovely yesterday to get out into the garden and enjoy the sunshine - let’s hope for more today, especially for Ellen Vannin, Gillybob, Marydoll and all with challenges.

And well done Susan56 for deciding to learn some Welsh - I’m struggling with Spanish so I know how hard it is at our time of life, hope your eye is better soon x

Brunette10 Fri 06-Mar-20 06:56:28

Good Morning from what looks like to be a nice day here in Fife. It's bright and still. Hooray! Have our DGS's today all day as DGS1 still not 100% for nursery. Will wrap them up well and head out for a walk through woods near the seaside. Hopefully get the ball with us and have a kick about. I hope Friday is good to everyone and of course I am thinking of everyone not so good at the moment. Chin up! -take care.

mumofmadboys Fri 06-Mar-20 06:58:17

Good morning from Cumbria! So much lighter in the mornings! Quietish day for me today. Home based. May start trying to tidy the garden. Have a good day all. Best wishes to those with illnesses or worries

kittylester Fri 06-Mar-20 06:58:27

Good morning all from a slightly frosty North Leicestershire.

Decorators here again. There are 4 of them so the banter is fast and furious.

I have to own up to the fact that 'buggerations' is a word used a lot in soop's kitchen so I cant claim credit for it.

Anyway, I hope anyone with them finds they are easier today.

Susan56 Fri 06-Mar-20 07:07:04

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.Woken early this morning by DGD,grandpa has taken her downstairs and brought me up a cup of tea,had better go and join them I suppose!
Thank you Pantglas,the Welsh is going to be a challenge but will stick with it.I have managed to get an appointment with the opticians on Monday so compresses and ibuprofen until then.
Will take DGD to pre school at midday then meet my daughter and baby H for lunch.
Sending love and prayers to Ellan and family and get well wishes to all in the sick bay.
Hope the appointment for your husband goes well today gilly.x

Sar53 Fri 06-Mar-20 07:07:15

Good morning everyone from a dry Essex by the sea. Yesterday it rained non stop all day, very miserable.
Well I didn't get my Genesis tickets, all the cheaper ones went very quickly and the ones left were priced from £147 upwards. Too much even though we all really wanted to go. My youngest daughter is going to try this morning when they go on general sale.
Food shopping this morning then an afternoon indoors.
I hope you all have a lovely day.

Nortsat46 Fri 06-Mar-20 07:11:25

We have deleted any posts that we thought were insensitive or referred to a recently deceased user.

travelsafar Fri 06-Mar-20 07:23:55

Morning all. Looks like it;s gonna be a better day weather wise today. smile Off to my knit and natter froup this morning then a bit of shopping..... thats if there is anything left in the shops!!! Popping to library too. Have long awaited physio appointment this afternoon, could be interesting. Asked in the letter that you wear shorts to the appointment.... not in this weather, and to be honest i don't own any, Could be interesting. Have a good day everyone

Grammaretto Fri 06-Mar-20 07:26:00

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Frosty but looking like a nice enough day. I'm about to wash the car before taking some smart friends on an outing.

Welcome ArtySue if you are new on this thread.
Sending best wishes to all with troubles. Ellen , MaryDoll, GillyBob, Dragonfly are just a few.

Curlywhirly Fri 06-Mar-20 07:29:52

Good morning from a very chilly, misty Cheshire. Went to Manchester yesterday, still looking for a wedding guest outfit - no luck, wish I was a standard size, it's not easy looking for a dress (separates so much easier) when you are only 5' tall! Will have a wander around our local shops today, but don't hold out much hope of finding a dress there. Still, first world problem, it's hardly something to lose sleep over ?. Hoping for a good day for all with worries and health problems. Take care.

Curlywhirly Fri 06-Mar-20 07:36:24

We have deleted any posts that we thought were insensitive or referred to a recently deceased user.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 06-Mar-20 07:40:34

Goodmorning Mick And all x

You can see some blue sky here in S E Essex.

why the conspiracy theories folks?

brook2704 Fri 06-Mar-20 07:45:42

Good morning everyone from another cold but dry and sunny morning in Inverness
Yesterday I was so happy to spend the afternoon pottering in the garden and clearing up the winter debris. Actually had my first this year cuppa in the garden - well wrapped up of course !
This morning is my Zumba class at the gym and home this afternoon
Have a lovely day everyone and take care especially those with struggles ?

BlueBelle Fri 06-Mar-20 07:45:56

Good morning Mick and all othe4 early birds
Looks a very promising day here in east Suffolk suns out skies are blue and wind has dropped Tidying this morning then off on the bus for my voluntary work in the library this afternoon Nice day to look forward to
Love to everyone

mumofmadboys Fri 06-Mar-20 07:46:54

ninathenana Fri 06-Mar-20 07:48:36

Good morning, it has finally stopped raining in Kent. It rained all day yesterday causing many local roads to be virtually impassable and flood warnings issued.
Food shop and coffee out with DH this morning.
Have a good day all.

Marydoll Fri 06-Mar-20 07:49:31

Morning all from Glasgow, where it's -1°, there was a strange yellow ball sunshine in the sky when I got up. I don't remember seeing one of those for ages. ?

I have to go and get my bloods done yet again and then instead of my usual wander around the shops, I may just come home. I'm feeling quite unwell today.
Thanks to you all of those kind posters who either messaged me or posted lovely comments after the upset yesterday.

Welcome, Artysue, I'm so envious of your location.
Kalu, I hope you manage your trip today, I will be envious of you being in that shop!

My husband also failed to get Genesis tickets, the cheapest were going to cost £500 altogether for the two of us. He is going to try again this morning, but is panicking because his PC is very sick, so he has asked to use mine! He doesn't like using phones or tablets for things like this.

Those posts last night disturbed me too, so unsettling.

Sending loving thoughts to, Susan Ellen, GillyBob, Dragonfly and anyone, I may have missed.
Have the best day you can.

NannyJan53 Fri 06-Mar-20 07:51:00

Good Morning from a frosty but sunny Black Country. It was minus 1 in the car at 7am though.

Housework today, and hopefully if it is warmer later cleaning windows outside and the UvPc.

Welcome ArtySue I hope you enjoy this lovely good morning thread.

Wishing you all a lovely day, with special hugs to Ellan gilly Marydoll and Dragonfly