Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(57 Posts)
12Michael Sat 07-Mar-20 06:10:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its just starting to get daylight here in Brackley , but its dry and cold out.
Today, bus trips as usual to Buckingham and Bicester, the planned televised cycle race has been cancelled due to other things.
But I plan to have a large all day breakfast later for a change, and hoping that the flea market is more than one stall in Buckingham today.
Mick

glammagran Sat 07-Mar-20 14:53:51

What on Earth happened on this thread yesterday?

Curlywhirly Sat 07-Mar-20 14:06:10

Good afternoon all, am late to this thread as have had DGS all morning.
Nortsat46 I too got caught up in the unpleasantness yesterday, and was deeply bewildered. A salutary lesson for me - a social media newbie - not to get involved in speculation; a very sad day for me indeed. I am glad that this thread has moved on to the usual pleasantries and support for all those needing a kind word. Hope you all have a good weekend.

glammagran Sat 07-Mar-20 12:03:07

Lovely day yesterday in the ? at NT property with DH, DD2 and DGD3 followed by lunch in fab new restaurant at the garden centre nearby. DGD3 wanted to walk everywhere so it was more of a dawdle than a power walk ?.

I believe the term buggeration was coined by the late Terry Pratchett upon his dementia diagnosis but I’ll stand corrected if anyone knows otherwise.

I believe the

Taichinan Sat 07-Mar-20 11:47:14

Good morning all you lovely people on here! I love this thread but only rarely get a chance to post, so as it's still morning ..... After the most beautiful week of warm sunshine, Saturday on the Angus coast has dawned grey, cool and breezy. I feel sorry for all those who have worked all week and have been looking forward to a sunny weekend. And of course those who are poorly - looking out onto a sunny world is so much cheerier than a dull one. I've had a busy week too - but not payed, alas! Our tai chi classes are becoming more and more popular so yesterday I was given the go ahead to start another one in our local town, beginning in May. We'll see what happens. I hope everyone is coping with this pesky virus thing. Yesterday I wore latex gloves at the supermarket - purely because of the trolley handle, which must be a hotbed of bacteria. But I'll probably forget next time I go, being me! I really don't know what to make of it all. Sometimes it seems scary, at other times I forget about it - til I switch on the news of course. I look forward to looking back on it as history and seeing what lessons are to be learned. Now, it's still the right side of noon, so off I trot. Have a lovely day everybody, and ??? to those who are poorly and sad xxx

Baggs Sat 07-Mar-20 11:36:10

Morning, folks! Rain again in Argyll. MrBaggs has gone into Glasgow to do some painting en plein air ?. Apparently it's quite sheltered where the class will be.

This morning when I first looked out of the window there were ten wood pigeons apparently eating on our stony lane. I presumed they'd knocked a lot of ivy fruits off the trees above, but maybe they were picking uo grit for their crops as chickens do.

Good Saturday wishes, all.

whywhywhy Sat 07-Mar-20 11:28:16

Good morning from a dry but grey Market Harborough.

Sending love and hugs to the Gillybobs and all who are suffering today.

Good to hear you are having a lovely holiday Urmastongran, enjoy. Marydoll your stories always make me laugh,not sure about the bit about the axes though.

Have as good a day as you can have everyone. X

Marydoll Sat 07-Mar-20 10:26:24

That's a shame Gilly, you need a bit of joy in your life.

DH managed to get tickets for Genesis yesterday and for the first time ever, paid extra for insurance, given the unpredictbility of my health.
However, I'm sure there would be plenty of family members willing to take my ticket.

gillybob Sat 07-Mar-20 10:16:42

I doubt we will sell the tickets at this late stage Callistemon . But I think by leaving it so long we were both fooling ourselves that we might be able to go. Or rather living in hope.

Callistemon Sat 07-Mar-20 10:09:57

Good morning everyone from S Wales and all good wishes to everyone who is feeling under the weather. dragonfly, that must have been rather frightening, it's worrying to think that people will be hesitant to rush to your attention because of the virus fears at the moment.
gillybob thank goodness for a small improvement, a silver lining beginning to appear I hope. Can you sell your tickets if you think your DH will not be up to it? Perhaps it's wise not to go at the moment anyway.

I was wondering whether or not to go out for a walk as DH has gone out, but it is drizzling steadily here so that's made my mind up. I'm a fair weather wanderer.

Hello to the new contributors and best wishes to all, hoping everyone has a good weekend

Grammaretto Sat 07-Mar-20 10:08:34

I like a little bit of improvement Gillybob smile
If you are even contemplating a concert you must be both feeling a lot better.
Remember it's only money. Health is the priority.
My away weekend/conference is in the balance as so many are converging from all over the UK.
Dragonfly that is horrible. Some people are unkind and ignorant.
Urmstongran thanks. smile

gillybob Sat 07-Mar-20 09:47:47

A late good morning from the North East coast . Quite a dull start to Saturday after such a lovely sunny day yesterday (unfortunately spent between Hospitals and supermarkets) .

Yesterday’s hospital visit went reasonably well . Scans showed a little bit of improvement but not enough yet it would seem. I doubt things are going to get much better until after the next operation but crikey knows when that will be.

Anyway today was the day we have to decide if DH would be fit enough for our C2C concerts in Glasgow next weekend and it’s not looking good. We are both desperate to go but I can’t see how it would work practically . All that money wasted sad

Thinking of all those feeling poorly or sad and all those who have lost loved ones.....there have been so many recently.

Welcome to this lovely, warm and friendly thread Grandmafrench and kimlesleythomas . I hope to see you both posting often.

Mick you have quite a crowd of followers these days .

I have had to stop and start this post so many times I have lost track and now the sun is shining “whoooppppeeee” sunshine
I might get wrapped up and have a potter in the garden later on.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday (my 2nd favourite, 6th worst day of the week)

Love Gillybob xx

Marydoll Sat 07-Mar-20 09:47:43

Megs, I know what you mean about dreading the postman, especially when you are both unwell. I can always tell by the envelope, what king of hospital letter it is.
Hopefully, the appointments will come quickly.?

lavenderzen Sat 07-Mar-20 09:46:36

Good morning from a very chilly Derbyshire, no rain yet although dark clouds hanging around. My four legged friend is asking for his breakfast!
Ollie looks quite regal Nortsat, although I am sure he is not very happy after being attacked - hope he soon recovers.
Hope all with illness and worries start to feel better. Take care everyone.

Urmstongran Sat 07-Mar-20 09:45:16

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s another beautiful day! Why am I still abed? (#lazygran). With wall to wall sunshine out here it’s easy to take it for granted ha! C’mon Pantglas - not long now eh? I’ll save you some sunshine.
?

Poor you dragonfly to feel so poorly yesterday whilst out doing your shopping. May I just say here how much I admire you? I hope you have a better day today.

Hope you all have a happy weekend without too many worries such a nice phrase Grammaretto. Well said.

Hello to our newbie Kimlesleythomas ? it’s lovely to have you join Mick’s thread. I think it’s the best on GN!

RIGHT, Himself has even brought me toast and jam. I’m pushing my luck here! Time to be up. We plan to go downstairs to the bar right outside the front door for cafe sombra - it’s so buzzy in there on a Saturday morning with all the local Spanish! They are a noisy bunch - chattering like magpies and gesticulating wildly at the same time - I used to think an argument was about to break out! The cafe has internet so I will load up a couple of The Telegraph editions for today & yesterday to read up here at my leisure.

Sorry for the essay,I’ve got carried away here.

Hope Saturday is good to us all whether we have plans or none and love to gillybob EV Marydoll and all facing buggerations .... love it! x

moggie Sat 07-Mar-20 09:39:46

Good morning Mick & all From dry, bright start in Nottingham.
Asda delivery & watch rugby later.
Welcome new posters.
Thoughts with Ellanvallin & family & all not well or struggling.
Have a good day everyone

Mapleleaf Sat 07-Mar-20 09:36:43

Good morning all,

No frost this morning and a lot duller, but at least it's still dry.

Not venturing far today as new washing machine is being delivered later today and I'll need to be around. Will be glad when it is installed as my washing pile us growing ever larger!

Opticians yesterday, and as I suspected, new glasses required so will go back next weekend to choose some new ones. This month has seemed to be all pay out!

I miss mommawolf's posts too, and feel for her family.

Hope you feel a bit better today, dragonfly. Very sad that none of the assistants came to check you were ok.

To everyone else feeling poorly or sad today, I send you my best wishes that today brings you some ease.

Take care GN's.

Megs36 Sat 07-Mar-20 09:33:36

Docs apps done, blood tests for him and ultra sound, dermatologist apps for me, we thought this wasfirst year since 2014 without dreading the postman most months,hope we are not back to square one.

Scentia Sat 07-Mar-20 09:19:24

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. A little bit grey but hoping the sun pops its face out later. Spent yesterday sorting the back garden and will go for a trip to the tip to get rid of all the rubbish I created. ( I really do struggle to stop when I get started and I do need to slow it down a bit sometimes.) Need to make room for all the new stuff I will buy at the garden centre later!!!!
I do drive my DH to distraction with my gardening, I am always changing things round?
Best wishes to all our contributors who are not feeling it today ?

GrannyGravy13 Sat 07-Mar-20 09:05:36

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Bright here in S E Essex, nothing planned for today, might wander round our local Aldi, before we are told we cannot go out and about!!!

Marydoll the axe throwing would worry me!!!

Thinking of all who are poorly have a good Saturday.

vena11 Sat 07-Mar-20 09:04:22

Good morning a dull day here today yesterday was so sunny and quite warm in the sun.
Hopefully a nice walk today if it stays dry.
Dragonfly I hope today you a re feeling a bit better.
Everyone else have a good day.

Grandmafrench Sat 07-Mar-20 09:01:43

Morning all. Beautiful sunrise and now blue skies and birdsong. The noise from our Eleagnus hedge says it’s filled with starlings eating the little fruits - those not already hoovered up by Small Dog! Big Dog not keen, fortunately. Shopping soon for some dry goods, (wearing some latex gloves to avoid germy trolley handles!) but will use market for veg, cheese, fish etc. Big flea market tomorrow where I hope to find more old pots for new garden plants. Wishing everyone a break from buggerations - and well wishes for those who are ill or sad.flowers

EllanVannin Sat 07-Mar-20 09:00:09

Dragonfly I'm so sorry you've not been so grand. It's rotten when it takes you all your time to put one foot in front of the other. All you can do is rest and take things easy. x

Anniebach Sat 07-Mar-20 08:58:21

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

EllanVannin Sat 07-Mar-20 08:52:31

Good Morning All x
Where's the sun gone ? After a week of being wakened by the sun streaming through, it doesn't know what to do this morning although dry and bright there's some cloud around. Still, I won't be going anywhere just the usual tidy-up and potter so long as I'm on the move.

An easy dinner today, courtesy of Loyd Grossman and his Tikka Masala mix which I'll add chicken and rice to so that'll keep me going. I like his mixtures the best. For afters I'm having an enormous orange ( 65p each ) so hope it's decent and not all peel grin with a little olly inside.

Thoughts to Marydoll, Dragonfly and the Gillybob's for better times xx Susan with her work cut out after the window-fittings and I hope the event goes well for Ginny later-----I could bake a few fruit scones myself later, that's an idea.
Thinking of Urmstongran sunning herself envy

Whatever you all do today, enjoy it and take care of yourselves. x

GrannySomerset Sat 07-Mar-20 08:51:32

Quite bright in North Somerset and looks as if it will stay dry. Trip to Bath for DH who feels confined (he isn’t, but we have had so much rain that he hasn’t been out much) and of course rugby to watch later. I may seize the chance to get out in the garden to do some border tidying. The grass had its first cut yesterday, the birds are very busy, and some therapeutic pottering feels desirable.

Thinking of Marydoll, Gillybob, Dragonfly, Dragonfly, Ellan and all those having such a difficult time.