Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(79 Posts)
12Michael Sun 08-Mar-20 06:14:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight here in Brackley and its been raining.
I have prepared a chicken and butter bean casserole in my small slow cooker for today and tomorrow.
Includes such things as tomato puree and garlic granules..
Today a quiet day in watch cycling around lunchtime from France on Tv.
As to the Garlic noticed on Breakfast Tv yesterday it was mentioned as a precaution to take as to current crisis.
Mick

Nannytopsy Sun 08-Mar-20 08:24:57

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
Well the sunny intervals are lacking in Suffolk but we do have blustery rain! Something wrong there with the forecast.
We are starting slowly today after 36 hours of DGC and dogs. Lots of Lego building.
I had hoped to get in the garden today before the rugby but now I shall have to think of something else!
Hope today is kind to everyone.

NannyJan53 Sun 08-Mar-20 08:26:15

Good Morning from a bright and sunny Black Country. Although dark clouds are looming!

Partner off out on a cycle ride today, and I have holiday clothes to iron and pack.

I love the Rhubarb and Ginger Gin Urmston but with Ginger Ale rather than Tonic Water. We usually take a trip to Torremolinos when in Malaga. Take the bus there, but walk back.

Mum always eats raw garlic when she has the beginning of a cold Mick she puts it between lettuce on a small piece of bread to make it more palatable! She swears by it, says the cold doesn't last long.

If the weather holds this morning may ring my friend who lives nearby to see if she fancies a walk to the park. There is a lovely café there.

Thinking of all with health worries, especially gilly Dragonfly and Marydoll

EllanVannin Sun 08-Mar-20 08:32:13

Good Morning All x
A lovely sunny and calm start after what looks like the remains of a damp night ( I wouldn't know, dead to the world ).
My body feels the clocks going forward soon. It's strange how I get these " feelings " each year about now. I must be guided by the seasons. Anyone else "odd" like myself ?

A couple of M&S thick lamb chops today, mushy peas and new potatoes, so that'll keep the wolf from the door.I remembered to soak the peas at the last minute last night. Those which are left over will do for a pea and ham soup tomorrow-----sorted !

Some tidying to do, clothes to put away, the remains of a vase of flowers to throw out though they've done well and the cats toys back in the box ( worse than children )

Whether there'll be any callers I don't know I'll just wait and see.

Hope everyone's remaining " bug free " and enjoying a quiet day. Thinking of Dragonfly, Marydoll and the Gillybob's xx and anyone struggling with illness and problems.
Have a peaceful Sunday and enjoy the day.

Urmstongran Sun 08-Mar-20 08:36:17

Your dinner sounds yummy as always EV!
???✅

Ginny42 Sun 08-Mar-20 08:37:56

Good morning Mick and all. You seem to have a lovely Sunday sorted Mick. I'm late this morning as I was still cleaning the kitchen after a flour and icing sugar bomb hit it in yesterday's baking session. How did I get it all over the place? I was so tired when I got back from the charity event I started watching a film, fell asleep, woke up at 02.00 and crawled into bed.

It's clearly poured with rain here in Cheshire, but the sun is shining now and that will do for me. Crikey! Stag does with axes marydoll? shock

I've got a report to write and comments are forming in my head, so I'd better go and start it before I forget them. They may all be forgotten by the time I get down to writing!

Hope you all have a good day, that the sick are feeling better, and the very sad can find some peace. Ellen V flowers for you. x

Auntieflo Sun 08-Mar-20 08:40:00

Morning Michael, Annie and all. I was up early ish, as it's the day I take my weekly tablet. So made some tea and showered, then shooed DH out of bed, so that I could put the bedding in the wash.
The weather's looking bright and I am hoping to get said washing out onto the line, before we are off to Church.
Marydoll, there are lots of us wanting to know how the axe throwing went, so come and put us out our misery. Hope you are feeling a wee bit better today.
We are having shepherds pie and cauliflower cheese for supper, with pineapple upside down cake for pud. Lunch not been planned yet, but probably a sandwich and a cup of tea.
Thinking of Dragonfly, Lins, EllanVannin and Gillybob, and that they are coping with the buggerations.
Have a good day one and all.

dragonfly46 Sun 08-Mar-20 08:41:23

Good morning bright sun but windy in Leicestershire.

Not much sleep last night - sitting around all day doesn’t suit me so must try and do a short walk today.

I hope the axe throwers survived Mary and love to Ellen, Gilly and all who need it.

GrannySomerset Sun 08-Mar-20 08:44:59

Feel as if I have been run over after a disturbed night with DH who woke at 2.00 am and didn’t know what was happening and woke me to ask me. He went back to sleep and I didn’t.

Blue sky and sunshine which lifts the spirit; church this morning, rugby on tv this afternoon, so nothing too taxing.

Hope we all have a good day in our particular circumstances.

grannydee123 Sun 08-Mar-20 08:48:47

Good morning all from a grey but dry Co Antrim. Wishing you all a peaceful and virus free Sunday.

Pittcity Sun 08-Mar-20 08:49:01

Good morning from what was a sunny Colchester. DH and I were just discussing our gardening plans for this afternoon when the sky began to darken.....

Anniebach Sun 08-Mar-20 08:55:42

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

All who are struggling, I hold you in my prayers x

whywhywhy Sun 08-Mar-20 08:57:03

Good morning from a sunny but breezy Market Harborough.

I only got 2 hours sleep last night so I am heading off to bed. DH is at his monthly car do and I hate sundays.

Sending love and hugs to all who are suffering and special hugs to the Gillybobs.

Have a lovely Sunday and may the sun keep shining. X

Marydoll Sun 08-Mar-20 09:03:09

Good morning Mick and all from Glasgow, where it's 7°. I was wakened by the sun streaming through the window, which gave me a boost. ....Then I looked out the window, its very breezy and the sky is quite dark. sad

The axe men did return safely...... eventually. I dropped DH at the station at 1.30pm (half an hour too early, he was so excited to be getting out alone) and never heard another word for seven hours! ?

DS2 sent me a video of DS1 throwing an axe, it did not reassure me, although it was probably less dangerous than my fertile imagination managed to conjure up.
I got messages from my boys, saying that they were looking after dad and he was fine, but nothing from DH. Why did they feel the need to tell me that, thought I?
Then DIL sent me a message saying the boys were taking care of him, not too worry. Then future DIL messaged, DD messaged, but still nothing from DH. ? My suspicious brain was going into overdrive. ?

I eventually got a message from DH, saying they had now arrived at the brewery. What brewery????????????
By this time I was catastrophising, (past experience) especially when on my way to the station, I got a message from DS1, saying they had missed the train and were catching the next train!
However, the next train was going all the way to Carlisle and people have been known to fall asleep on it and end up in the next village down the line. (I have experience of this).
It is not a pleasant, dark, twisty, road to drive in the dark to pick up lost travellers.

When I eventually went to pick up DH and DS1, they strolled off the train, without a care in the world (probably the result of a few beers) and couldn't understand why I was so worried.
When I asked DH, why he had gone No contact (I could start a new thread on this), he answered: It was a need to know scenario and you didn't need to know.??
I then remembered how kind he had been to me all week, taking me to hospital appointments, doing the housework, shopping etc and I ?. He is a good man and deserves a break from me and the daily grind supporting me.

I plan to footer (or pootle as Kitty) says about and read the papers, before Bridezilla appears with this week's list of wedding tasks. I haven't done last weeks yet and am quickly running out of time! grin.

I just want to thank all those who have sent me very kind PMs in the light of last week's unpleasantness. It has given me such a boost. Onwards and upwards, you are a wonderful group of people.
Oh I'm getting quite maudlin here and that's not allowed!!!

Hugs for all who are ill or sad, and especially to my pals in the sick bay.
Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

PS. As predicted the best man didn't turn up, so now I'm busy catastrophising ? about a no show at the wedding! DS1 assured me that they have a plan, but that's for another day, watch this space.

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 08-Mar-20 09:06:19

Good morning from east London, bright and sunny early on but clouds are now creeping in. Choir yesterday was very enjoyable; we got a taste of the 3 songs which we’ll be part of in July, one of which is a Chinese folk song. Had a bit of an M&S moment yesterday; popped into the Hackney branch to get some red bush teabags but they didn’t have any so came out with 3 tops instead as there’s a sale on. Came home via the shop in Stratford, stocked up on teabags, several packets of chilli and cheese hot cross buns (recommended to try) and some bits from the children’s section for the GDs. Then I came home and ordered bras on line as they were in the sale... Today I shall be calm, although may be going to a nearly new sale for children’s stuff this afternoon with DD. Hope you have a good day.

harrigran Sun 08-Mar-20 09:06:30

Good morning from a bright NE after the overnight rain.
No news from family so I am assuming we wont be seeing them this weekend.
Youngest GD visited her sister's school this week where she took tests in maths and English. The school have offered her a a place from September although she is just year five.
DS's job is relocating the office to another city and it will make school runs impossible unless the girls are together.
Thinking of all with troubles.

Mapleleaf Sun 08-Mar-20 09:13:41

Good morning all,

It's fairly bright at the moment, but looks as if it has rained through the night, judging by the splashes on the window.

Washing machine arrived yesterday and it's done two loads already. Some bedding to put in today.

All the dinners being described sound delicious - making me drool! I think we are popping out for lunch today, but plans could change.

Hope the axe throwing went well for your future grandson in law, marydoll, with no injuries! My niece did that with some friends for a hen do a few years ago - tremendous fun, apparently. ?

Thinking of all who are unwell or sad today and hope Sunday brings you a little sunshine.

Take care everyone.

gillybob Sun 08-Mar-20 09:15:22

Good morning from a bright and sunny North East coast where we had heavy rain during the night.

I took DD and little Evie to Ikea yesterday afternoon for a few little bits n bobs. At 22 months Little Miss is at the age where she will not sit in her buggy or a trolley and likes to walk, so needless to say we spent an awful long time in the children’s area. She was particularly taken with a kind of crawl through tunnel and would still be there now if she had her own way.

Made an easy supper of Jacket potatoes and home made Coronation Chicken for DH and I that we both thoroughly enjoyed. Watched Last Tango in Halifax in catch up so I am up to date for tonight’s episode.

Not sure what to do today . I would like to get in the garden if it stays dry but I’ll wait and see how DH is when/if he finally makes it out of bed .

I too am waiting to hear how the Axe Men got on Marydoll yikes ? ? ?

I Hope all those feeling unhappy or unwell feel better soon and that we all have some much needed sunshine in our lives today.

Have a good Sunday everyone, my 3rd best, 5th worst day of the week. I’m confused now and seem to have acquired an 8th day . confused

Love to all
Gillybob x

BladeAnnie Sun 08-Mar-20 09:15:29

Good morning from a blustery mid Notts. Nothing planned for today - I think DOH has some ongoing "jobs" to attend to in his workshop. I just let him go and busy himself!! I need to call my mum today- she still makes me feel like a naughty child after all these years and I suspect today will be no different!! Hope today is kind to us all wherever we and whatever we are doing x

BlueBelle Sun 08-Mar-20 09:17:03

Good morning Mick and all who have followed, its very blustery wet and rather gleamy here is east Suffolk
I was hoping to try the allotment this morning but no it’s not digging weather
Not much going on today these are the days I don’t like I do like a bit of structure I flounder when there’s nothing planned
Anyway here’s a happy picture fir you all to cheer us rainy ones up

gillybob Sun 08-Mar-20 09:20:03

Oops crossed posts Marydoll

Breweries and Axe throwing are not exactly the best combination are they?

I’m surprised they made it back with all their limbs grin

gillybob Sun 08-Mar-20 09:22:07

Lovely little daffodils (they look like tête-à-tête ?) thank you BlueBelle smile

Grandmaof2 Sun 08-Mar-20 09:25:58

Good morning all from a sunny Barking in Essex. Washing all done so now a sit down with a cuppa before moving on to window cleaning, a job i hate doing. Has to be done though, the recent rain is showing their presence on them lol

conor Sun 08-Mar-20 09:29:52

Good morning everyone from a bright sunny Essex. Still getting over the excitement of DGSs at yesterday's football match! The Nanny that doesn't like football was jumping up and down on the sideline when he touched the ball and when he got 'man of the match' award I nearly passed out!!! Lucky they were under 7 team and not Premier League. Had to relay the whole match to DS when he came to collect him. May have found myself a Saturday job if I'm allowed to go again?
Enjoyed lunch later with friends in a country pub.
Quiet day today but will probably go to DSs house as more family visitors expected to meet new DGD. Then final of Dancing on Ice. I can't wait!
Loving Marydoll's novella today and will catch up with other posts after tea. Hope everyone has a good day sunshinexxxx

Hannahs Sun 08-Mar-20 10:57:41

Goodmorning all. This will be the final contact ever with gransnet however we feel that Jess would not want this to end on a sour note First an apology from my brother for his rant the other day. He and I on learning of the accident left immediately for the crash area we received amazing support from the police, hospital and emergency services.sitting in a hospital holding a bag of personal belongings is an experience I wouldn't wish on anyone. Aiden posted a few hours after our return when a friend and fellow poster alerted us to the trolling on site. To these people I would simply say, not everything appears on the Google site and I find it unpleasant that anyone would be so obsessed with details of someones death. It is a sad reflection on their character and the state of society. On a lighter note we would like to thank all of you who responded with love and condolences they were much appreciated. Jess enjoyed her time with you and would be sad to know things ended as they have. We wish you all happy, sunny days ahead. Goodbye GN. Hannah

Gingster Sun 08-Mar-20 11:02:46

Not Roast dinner for us, Sark. As there are so many of us , a buffet lunch has to do. ???