Gransnet forums

Chat

New Tena Lady advert

(8 Posts)
MissAdventure Mon 09-Mar-20 19:36:13

For some people, though, it is completely normal.

BlueSky Mon 09-Mar-20 19:32:09

Exactly Hetty they want you to believe it's completely normal so you carry on buying their expensive products!

Hetty58 Mon 09-Mar-20 18:47:51

I don't like the way it's portrayed as an inevitable problem for older women, part of normal life rather than a medical thing. If I ever started 'leaking' I'd go straight to the GP - not buy nappies!

midgey Mon 09-Mar-20 18:42:52

I have seen an advert lately for men’s tena pads!

Joelsnan Mon 09-Mar-20 18:41:52

I wrote to Tena a few years back asking why only women were portrayed in their incontinence product advertisements. Of course I didn't hear back.
This really annoys me as it portrays to society that incontinence is a women only problem, which it most certainly is not.

grannysue05 Mon 09-Mar-20 16:39:17

Actually its always an advert for womens pads, and that is infuriating because men also have this "problem".

I cannot imagine what an advert for male pads would portray ! Maybe a hunky man in tight jeans patting his backside and saying "It doesn't show" !

blush

BlueSky Mon 09-Mar-20 16:29:43

So embarrassing I remember the good old days when adverts for such items were only displayed discretely in women's mags!

susieken Mon 09-Mar-20 15:38:26

Just watched this......feeling uneasy and do not understand why women are portrayed in this way and why there is no clue to the item until the very end.