Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(68 Posts)
12Michael Wed 11-Mar-20 06:10:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight here in Brackley this morning, with a clear sky , but looks cold outside.
Today, quite day maybe pick up prescriptions , plus small shop.
Then after lunch watch cycling on TV , which under the present climate might be the last one whilst things going on elsewhere.
Mind you yesterday, I noticed in Sainsburys the pasta shelves empty , plus maybe flour etc running low.
Yet the History of pasta brought back to Italy by Marco polo, when he discovered China so there has to be a link.
Mick

Callistemon Wed 11-Mar-20 12:48:05

The Budget! I forgot about that EllanVannin

Well, that will be something to look forward to on GN when I come home this afternoon grin

Taichinan Wed 11-Mar-20 12:19:01

Morning (just!) everyone. Mick, I like that - linking pasta back to China! I'm sure most things could be linked to there - including my beloved tai chi. And if course Confucius has always got something to say! It's another glorious day on the Angus coast - if you discount the Force 10 gale. Have taken my car down to Jim the Garage with an annoying slow puncture - so far the cause has been untraceable, but it's a relatively new tyre - same age as the other three. So here I am, stranded on my hilltop. Like most people I am vaguely concerned about cv but as apart from frequent handwashing there is nothing any of us can do, there seems little point in panicking. I'll keep my tai chi classes going as long as permitted/as long as anyone wants them. I'm not looking forward to being without them! Have a lovely Rest of the Day everyone and as always ? for those who are poorly, lonely or just plain fed up x

angie95 Wed 11-Mar-20 12:02:30

Good afternoon , all, it was a beautiful sunny morning when we dropped my daughter Emmy and her boyfriend Mason off at Chester Zoo, now it's gone grey and dull, I don't know about you, but I'm longing for the warmer weather, this cold is playing havoc with my arthritis.

EllanVannin Wed 11-Mar-20 11:52:14

Good Morning All x
A lovely sunny morning so far, but will it last ? Hope so. Not that I'm doing anything in particular but it's just nice to see the brightness.

The grass-cutters came yesterday, to what I thought, cut the now long grass, but just trimmed and tidied all the edges with a strimmer and buzzed off ! What was the point of that ? Unless of course another lot arrive today in their " sit-on " mowers.

Somewhat delayed this morning as a friend rang so we were chatting for all of an hour, catching up more than anything but always nice to stay in touch. Brightens the day.

Just in time for the budget grin

Hoping this finds everyone in rude health---for the time being anyway. Marydoll with her on-going trials, but still seems to remain her cheery self and actually gives me the oomph to battle on x Thanks for that.

Dragonfly and the Gillybob's who've struggled on also and Susan I hope the eye's improving for you. The rest of you who always send their good wishes, thankyou all xx
Urmstongran I wouldn't be thinking of any virus if I was sunning myself as the sun's rays will kill it.( my theory grin )

Mick, anything that comes from China, which is packed doesn't harbour germs for long so no worries with food products, viruses don't survive long on packaged goods.

Enjoy the day.

whywhywhy Wed 11-Mar-20 11:11:16

Good morning from a sunny but breezy Market Harborough. I have my grand daughter stay from 1pm today until 4pm tomorrow. She is 12 years old going on 25 but she brightens my life so much. We are going to do some painting this afternoon then maybe a walk to the park. Tomorrow I have some cross stitch or knitting for her if she wants to do it. She is so like me and love doing crafts.

Sending love and hugs to all who are suffering today.

Have the best Wednesday that is possible. X

ann678tifney Wed 11-Mar-20 10:54:15

Morning all from a very windy NE. Looks like it could rain though. Had a lovely day off work yesterday to attend myDGS1 and his girlfriends official adoption of my GGD, I am very proud of them both and had a lovely day, except trying to hide my black eyes etc, after my fall, didn't want to ruin their photo's. DH at hospital today getting his injection in his eye, ready for his op next week. Now looking forward to our family weekend away together. Hope everyone not feeling well, starts to feel better.

Feelingmyage55 Wed 11-Mar-20 10:35:19

Good morning. Bright here but the wind is cuttingly cold. Went shopping yesterday and the car park was full as if it was a bank holiday. Lots of delivery lorries and more staff than usual, mostly shelf stacking. The only shortage was hand sanitiser - absolutely none, and none expected, in the pharmacy.
marydoll? for your friend. How terribly sad.

Callistemon Wed 11-Mar-20 10:35:14

Good morning everyone from a dry S Wales, light cloud but bright enough.

I have a craft group to go to this afternoon too, many of us in an old room with one very high window hmm. I thought 'Keep Calm and Carry on' until I read your post, harrigran. Poor woman.

I did know about the pasta, Mick but thank you for the reminder smile. I need all the reminders I can get these days.

Marydoll your GP sounds very caring and I hope you get the paracetamol from the chemist.

I see a third member of staff in your picture, Scentia - is he in charge of everything? Or guarding the oversized toilet rolls?

I have just heard of a case of hand, foot and mouth in Australia too which shows how these viruses do the rounds.

gillybob that does sound like a lovely journey to work which must lift your spirits for a while at least.

Best wishes to all and stay germ free everyone

Kalu Wed 11-Mar-20 10:09:23

Urmstongran you stinker!?

I am longing to sit in the garden with my kick start espresso feeling the warmth of the sun.

Kalu Wed 11-Mar-20 10:02:19

Hi Venall. I would be more than happy to send a few packets of Marshall’s macaroni down to you?. Hope your family visit soon with a plentiful supply?

Urmstongran Wed 11-Mar-20 09:49:22

Okay.... last post today then Marydoll ....
???????☀️⛱????
Oops!!

mancgirl Wed 11-Mar-20 09:48:38

Thanks Urmston *Marydoll ?

vena11 Wed 11-Mar-20 09:44:54

Good morning all, dry here in Bristol.
Just the school pickup this afternoon and a bit of house work.
marydoll take care and keep away from all the germs
Kula can you send some Marshalls macaroni down here please as I have run out of it ,its the only macaroni that makes the perfect Mac cheese cant get it in Bristol and I always make family bring it down when they visit.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Mapleleaf Wed 11-Mar-20 09:39:36

Good morning everyone,

It's a lively bright and fairly mild morning here today.
I might even be able to dry some washing outdoors today!
Haven't read all the posts yet, as in a bit of a hurry, so will catch up later.
Hope you all have a good day. ?

harrigran Wed 11-Mar-20 09:28:23

Good morning from a sunny NE.
DH has the washer on and we are staying home again today.
Lady from our town is in induced coma with the virus, never been abroad and only left her house once in the last two weeks to see the GP.
My thoughts are with those who are sick and worried.

gillybob Wed 11-Mar-20 09:24:25

Good morning from a beautiful, sunny but breezy NE coast.

Nothing remotely interesting to post today except that I was awake half the night and up very early, so I decided to shake a leg and get into “that place” earlier than I have managed of late, leaving DH snoring in bed. I took the scenic route along the coast which made me want to pull into one of the car parks and stay there.

All quiet here at work. I’m worried that the work is running out and with DH being off for so long we have not been able to keep on top of things and chase new business. I no longer have the fight in me to do it all on my own.

So glad you got the attention you deserve from your GP Marydoll and a good job your sense of humour is alive and well . grin

Thankfully we still have fully stocked shelves up here. As I said on another thread this is a very deprived area and not many people can afford to buy anything more than they really need at any one time, but just hope that some of the more affluent parts of the U.K. don’t “cotton on” and come up and strip our shelves. wink

Yes dragonfly Wednesday is my 3rd worst day of the week (or my 4th best if I’m feeling cheerful....very rare) .

Thinking about all those who are feeling down or poorly and hope we all see a little sunshine

Love Gillybob xx

Maybelater2020 Wed 11-Mar-20 09:24:20

Good morning from Cheshire. Thank you for your welcome yesterday especially marydoll . Weather looks dull to the North but brighter from the South, I
will just have to wait and see how the day unfolds.

Not a lot planned today. Usual dog walks and maybe some gardening, and I do need to do a supermarket shop.

Hope everyone is able to make the best of their day whatever it holds.

dragonfly46 Wed 11-Mar-20 09:24:15

I was told in Sainsbury yesterday that people have bought up the hand sanitizer and are selling it on eBay. I can’t get hold of any but do have disposable gloves!

aggie Wed 11-Mar-20 09:24:11

Good Morning from a blustery Co Armagh.
My daughter has just been in with a bucket !
She is bleaching all the door handles !

Kalu Wed 11-Mar-20 09:19:42

Good morning all from a dreich Glasgow. Grey, wet and high winds coming later today. Yuck!

Did a supermarket shop yesterday and all I noticed missing from the shelves was hand sanitiser. I found everything I needed along with a large packet of Marshall’s Macaroni and a good sized lump of strong cheddar, macaroni cheese is my comfort food should any shortages happen here?

All set to make my own hand sanitiser today, recipe courtesy of another Gnetter.

Can’t believe your SiL turned up full of germs Marydoll! I think in your situation I would have had to pretend no one was home. Your health and well being must take priority. Take care.

Best wishes to all for a pleasant day

Susan56 Wed 11-Mar-20 09:14:08

Sorry to hear about your friends son Mary?
I think you are going to have to be strict with family and friends about visiting you if they even think they may be unwell,It would be awful if the new treatment was delayed.
Your GP sounds lovely☺️

Marydoll Wed 11-Mar-20 09:12:24

Umstongran and Mancgirl, STOP IT! grin

?????☔☂

Auntieflo Wed 11-Mar-20 09:11:52

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all.
The weather here sounds very like your's in S.Bucks NanKate.
We woke up to bright sun, and when DH brought me my cup of tea, I began singing "The sun has got his hat on", DH joined in and we ended up giggling.
I did a top up shop yesterday. No pasta fusilli in Tesco, but got some Farfalle, thanks to a tall shopper, for the recipe we like. Quite a lot of loo rolls, mainly of the A....x variety. Flour also only in tiny bags. Enough for a couple of cakes maybe,
Last night I had a phone call from DD. They had ordered us a Robot cleaner, and were told it would be delivered, yesterday.
Well, the courier van appeared on their drive, sat there a long time, then knocked to say the parcel was not on the van?
Scentia your little factory looks interesting, and lots of loo roll middles!
Best wishes to Marydoll, Gillybob and DH, EllanVannin and Dragonfly, and all those who are unwell.
Have a good day one and all.

Anniebach Wed 11-Mar-20 09:02:47

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Urmstongran Wed 11-Mar-20 09:00:06

Thanks Scentia!

Welcome back to Spain fellow Mancgirl it’s gorgeous here already today. Himself has just gone out in shorts and a vest tee for a walk along the paseo before it gets too hot!