Gransnet forums

Chat

Hello old friends - a rave from the grave

(9 Posts)
BradfordLass73 Sat 14-Mar-20 02:17:20

mbmb beating yourself with a stinging nettle was once a sovereign remedy for arthritis. grin

mbmb Fri 13-Mar-20 20:28:02

Oh kitty - how could I? I shall go outside and beat myself with stinging nettles. Of course I remember you!

mbmb Fri 13-Mar-20 20:26:46

Done a bit of lurking before taking the plunge. Can't quite get my head around all the games that there are now. I shall of course expect the same elevated level of debate I remember ...

kittylester Fri 13-Mar-20 20:26:43

I remember you too! Though apparently you've forgotten me! sad

Welcome back! I look forward to seeing lots of posts from you.

Iam64 Fri 13-Mar-20 20:19:46

Hi there vegas mags, welcome back. I will try to remember your news name, shall now repeat it to try and lodge it in my shrinking memory.
mbmb. -

Have you been lurking? It will be interesting to hear if you find Gn a changed place

mbmb Fri 13-Mar-20 20:03:13

You're right annsixty - what a memory! I do indeed live in your neck of the woods and lectured in Stockport until my retirement.

annsixty Fri 13-Mar-20 18:28:34

I remember you very well from when you posted before vegasmags because I believe you live in my neck of the woods and if my memory serves me well, you may have said you lectured in Stockport.
Welcome back, I think you will find us much changed.

Alishka Fri 13-Mar-20 18:22:18

Welcome back to the Hotel California,mbmb!winkgrin

mbmb Fri 13-Mar-20 16:51:52

Well, not the grave exactly. I used to post quite a bit, in the early years of Gransnet, with the handle vegas mags. I see quite a lot of old friends are still around - elegran, jane ainsworth (who gave me such good dental advice), I am 64 (again, brilliant doggy advice), the erudite baggs, soop, MawB, galen and anno. I suspect there are other old lags who have undergone name changes.
I stopped posting for a variety of reasons but thought I would like to dip my toe back in the water. As I am watching my blood pressure I will be avoiding anything too controversial!