Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(119 Posts)
12Michael Sun 15-Mar-20 06:29:52

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light but with a grey sky and dry ground here in Brackley.
Yesterday, functioned as normal despite seeing numerous products no longer on the supermarket shelves.
But I carried on as normal , met and spoke to others I knew .
Today , no cycling on TV only repeats of past races.
Mick

Margs Mon 16-Mar-20 10:24:58

Will our astute and much-revered Prime Minister be confining his celebrity-seeking father, Stanley,to Home-Sweet-Home for four months?

kittylester Mon 16-Mar-20 07:39:31

THIS IS SUNDAY'S THREAD

kittylester Mon 16-Mar-20 07:38:55

Morning nannynoonoo.

This is Sunday's thread.

nannynoonoo Mon 16-Mar-20 07:27:12

Good morning everyone
From North Lincolnshire
Dry outside no rain at present. Birds in full song. Still feeling stressed probably because I have OCD quite bad so all this makes it a million times worse. Husband going to golf I'm hoping he won't go on his usual might night pub. I suppose it's just one step in front of the other. Take care everyone as I get to know you all it will be easier.brew

kittylester Mon 16-Mar-20 07:16:16

Elizabeth this is Sunday's thread.

Elizabeth1 Mon 16-Mar-20 05:40:52

Morning everyone It’s no wonder I’m wide awake at this silly o’clock I came back from church and had a delicious Kfc yesterday then because I was really tired I fell sound asleep for a couple of hrs. Now I’m making up for my impromptu nap. However I’m looking forward to meeting up this morning with a fairly new gransnetter for coffee while dh has a go at bashing golf balls up the fairway trying to keep sane hope everyone keeps safe today have a good day

Pussycat2012 Sun 15-Mar-20 22:57:02

Welcome nannynoonoo, I’ve found everyone here very friendly and willing to listen and help when they can. Many happy moments are spent smiling, grimacing, sympathising with others and its lovely to know there are others out there willing to listen and ‘be there’ when needed. Please join us and see for yourself..?

Marydoll Sun 15-Mar-20 19:59:22

nannynoonoo, everyone is welcome, most of us post in the morning on this thread. A few words about the weather from where you are posting and your plans for the day, is all that is needed.
However, a few of us blush, tend to ramble on and on and on.......

If you need a sympathetic ear and some advice, try one of the Corona virus threads.
Looking forward to see you posting.

nannynoonoo Sun 15-Mar-20 19:53:15

Hi everyone can I join your chat .my husband in his 70s plays golf goes to pubs and won't self isolate. I am very stressed and finding it hard to cope . Grandchildren at school not sure if they should come round. As husband going out they may aswell come round. I'm not sure what to do.

LadyKathleen Sun 15-Mar-20 16:44:23

Good Morning Everyone, I should say Good Afternoon! It's 9:40 AM in Seattle. It's a sunny, but cold day. The temperatures are in the high 30's and low 40's Fahrenheit. We had to cancel our upcoming trip to California this coming week. We were going down to visit my 96 year old mother who resides in a health care facility (i.e nursing home). All of that type facility went into lockdown at noon on Friday. I'm disappointed not to see her; but understand the reasoning behind the decision. She is very sharp mentally and reads many novels (fiction) to pass the time. She's disappointed as well, but understands.

CherryCezzy Sun 15-Mar-20 16:17:56

gillybob I just wanted to second what others have said about your DGD's bedroom. It is gorgeous ?.

gillybob Sun 15-Mar-20 15:48:12

5 pages of Good Morning !!! Is that a record?

Thank you Auntiflo and others . I thoroughly enjoyed doing it for DD and Evie . As for my sister you would be surprised what started the stupid argument .

GabriellaG54 Sun 15-Mar-20 15:44:07

You will never feel lonely on here Doorstop. Differences of opinion and some strong opinions do not minimise the advice, sympathy, prayers, love and solidarity offered by the vast majority of GNers.
We try to put ourselves in the shoes of others most of the time.
Take care because we care.
??

GabriellaG54 Sun 15-Mar-20 15:36:31

Hi Mary51
Thanks for the welcome ??
Yes, I was down for the York marathon last Oct but a yearly health check blood test put paid to that, however, it was a false alarm but I'd already withdrawn from the list of invitees.
Hoping to be among the runners this October.

harrigran Sun 15-Mar-20 15:30:12

Thought I would add my admiration for your beautiful decorating gilly. What a smashing job.
Disgusted at the treatment from your sister, it is difficult to understand how unfeeling some relatives can be.

Marydoll Sun 15-Mar-20 15:25:45

Just to warn everyone, I have been approached by Channel 5for News, who have been reading this thread.

Now back to the wedding stuff! wink

Oopsadaisy3 Sun 15-Mar-20 15:00:00

Nannyjan so sorry that you aren’t having a good holiday, we were due to fly out to Lanzarote last Thursday, but cancelled late Wednesday as DH has a chest infection, part of me has been wondering if some sunshine might have helped him, we were going for 3 weeks self catering , your post has made me thankful that we cancelled, he is still unwell.
I hope you manage to salvage something from your break.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 15-Mar-20 14:35:18

Tweedledee24 I hope that they will be able to open up extra shelters for the homeless like they do at Christmas, but not sure how practical it would be for self isolation.

The UK is sailing in uncharted waters, and the media is not helping to calm the situation in fact I think they are contributing to the panicking and hysteria being displayed in some places

NannyJan53 Sun 15-Mar-20 14:32:38

Good afternoon from Lanzarote, which is in lockdown. Cannot leave hotel except for supermarket is chemist.

We fly back on Wednesday, at least it is warm here!

Glad you are ok Urmston , I have been thinking of you. Sad the wedding plans are awry for you all Mardoll

Welcome to all the newbies.

Marydoll Sun 15-Mar-20 14:06:56

This thread is not for media requests. As far as I know, you must make a formal request to GNHQ.

jacquifuller Sun 15-Mar-20 13:57:37

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

jacquifuller Sun 15-Mar-20 13:56:43

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Tweedle24 Sun 15-Mar-20 13:25:27

Good afternoon from a wet Bucks.

Went to church this morning. I had thought of giving it a miss: I am asthmatic and a bit concerned. I had laundry from the church to return so decided to risk it. Nearly empty church but, I am impressed with the precautions and plans being made. Ministry team must have had some late nights this week!

Popped in to our M&S Food Store. I was running short of flour and felt very guilty taking the last bag on the shelf. The staff were really busy topping up the shelves so I hope they had more in stock.

I was worried for the young, homeless man who sits outside. He has a nasty cough but, that is not new. How on earth are the homeless going to cope?

Auntieflo Sun 15-Mar-20 13:16:06

Gillybob, just had to pop back and say that Evie's bedroom is so pretty. Well done. As to your sister, words fail me. How on earth can she direct her venom on you?
Glad to hear from Urmston, that she is more cheery now.
On a lighter note; at Church we had our Fairtrade lady, and she had brought along a supply of Loo Rolls ? that she had managed to get with her order. Caused a bit of a laugh.
The congregation was quite sparse, and we are expecting that a lot more of the older age group, will be self isolating.
Enjoy the rest of your day all GN's.

Kalu Sun 15-Mar-20 12:49:57

Good to hear you are feeling a bit perkier now Urmson Atta girl?
The wee small hours when we are at our lowest ebb is always an invitation to worrying thoughts, best ignored? Or that is what I always tell myself?