Gransnet forums

Chat

How can you tell when someone is over 70?

(30 Posts)
GrandmaJan Sun 15-Mar-20 11:46:21

Gabriella sunglasses as well. They hide a multitude of sins in my opinion ?

Callistemon Sun 15-Mar-20 11:46:10

I did wonder, M0nica
'Found straying on the highway, put into the Over 70s Rescue Centre. Does anyone wish to claim this woman?'

She protested that she just wanted some fresh air and a change of scene.

GabriellaG54 Sun 15-Mar-20 11:44:04

Ah, but if we wear a face mask is anyone going to know...?

Maggiemaybe Sun 15-Mar-20 11:24:47

Poke us back indoors with a cattle prod?

Seriously, it’ll be mostly down to our own honesty, won’t it? I suppose the only person negatively affected by an over 70 sneaking out will be the over 70. It’s an interesting tactic, keeping the most vulnerable away from the risk where possible.

I dare say any obvious over 70, or older looking under 70, going about their normal business when the rule comes in will be looked at askance, or subjected to abuse. I’m just 65, I’ll be very offended if it happens to me.

M0nica Sun 15-Mar-20 10:57:31

DH, aged 77, went for a hair cut last week. When he (and the man in the chair next door) reached the till, each was asked whether they were over 65. DH said 'yes', the other guy said 'No, only 62'. DH had assumed from looking at the other man that he was the older.

So how will they know how old we are? Looks are no guide. Will everyone have to carry passports or birth certificates and have to present them at the till. If we are out and are found out, what will they do? Put us in prison? confused