Gransnet forums

Chat

Trying to keep our spirits up ! Coping strategy ( lighthearted )

(191 Posts)
Gemini17892 Thu 19-Mar-20 00:25:52

In Gemini Towers we have a new plan to help us survive the isolation. A daily timetable . It will begin tomorrow and follows helpful hints from the tv tonight.

7am Dawn chorus. Opera singing in the back garden.
( thanks to Gareth Malone for the suggestion. Husband not keen. I have a sore throat but nevertheless....)

10am old fashioned PT hour jogging round the daffs till out of puff. No kit ? Do what we did in the old days. Tuck vest in.

11am Tai Chi or our version thereof. Also in back garden ( hope it doesn’t rain )

Lunch
PM
2pm Chinese language lesson . Could prove useful.
3pm Meal planning using Blitz cook book. Spam fritters maybe ?
4pm Meditation hour. In garden if fine. Loud chants of Om and banging of gongs/chimes /dustbin lids or whatever’s to hand .
5pm Watch Big Brother Boris’s guide to isolation for the old guys on the telescreen.

I’m too tired to plan the evening. Any suggestions ? Would any one like to join us by videolink tomorrow ? ???‍♂️??

Jane10 Sun 22-Mar-20 16:56:16

Oh dear. Went out for a walk. The wind caught me under my outstretched arms and blew me up into a tree. DH had to climb up and get me down. Not allowed out again.
The cat's back in situ now ?

Doodle Sun 22-Mar-20 21:39:02

jane are you back at home or did he plant you in the garden?
If he put you in a big garden pot we could use you as a Maypole and dance round you. Are you up for a bit of a jig gemini? ?

Jane10 Sun 22-Mar-20 22:21:43

No I'm propped up in the corner. Wish I had some cake. Or ear plugs. DH is singing to the cat. Think self isolating for one day has done for the few marbles he's got left.

Doodle Sun 22-Mar-20 22:29:17

Oh dear. Would a bit of tinsel for your branches cheer you up??

Gemini17892 Mon 23-Mar-20 12:53:14

Disintegration has set in at the Towers.
Opera singing has gone completely. I’m leaving that to the birds. They’re much better at it than I am ..
Morning PT has changed into searching for my fitness tracker and finding I’ve lost the charger.
Tai Chi - no one around to wave to.
Have done meal planning though. Something involving chicken breasts.
Garden’s looking splendid . Might take my isolation scarf outside for some Vit D. Can’t do any exercise ( yippee ) because I haven’t got a tracker. Haha .
Anyway I’m still recovering from yesterday hauling Doodle out from behind the sofa. She’s no lightweight , you know. Think I’ve done me back in.
Gotta go and bake some cakes to feed Jane10 . Now I know what that number stands for. She’s insatiable.

Doodle Mon 23-Mar-20 14:26:27

Sorry I’m late gemini. lemon got wind of my knitting group and asked me to make her a knitted green onesie. Took longer than I expected (she’s a big girl ?)
Is poor Jane still stuck in the corner at home? We ought to get her out for a bit of fresh air. Actually, I can’t think why I didn’t think of it before. With her arms stuck out like that she’d make a perfect clothes airer. We could plant her in the garden ?

Callistemon Mon 23-Mar-20 14:52:11

We could teach lemon how to knit her own onesie, dropped stitches and all.

You're far too kind Doodle

Doodle Mon 23-Mar-20 15:34:16

Trouble is callistemon, knowing lemon the dropped stitches will all be in the most inappropriate places. ?

Jane10 Mon 23-Mar-20 15:44:01

Am feeling very dizzy. DH took up your suggestion and planted me out on the lawn so he could drape the washing over my arms. Unfortunately, the wind caught me and spun me round and round. I can't stand this any longer. Luckily the plaster is pretty soggy now. I'll be able to bend my arms a bit soon. I wonder where the rolling pin is? I have something to 'discuss' with DH!

Callistemon Mon 23-Mar-20 17:44:51

Lovely and sunny here Jane10 I could have stuck you in the middle of our weeds (2 metres away), hung washing on you and you'd have stayed lovely and dry!

Doodle Mon 23-Mar-20 21:00:27

Sorry jane I’ll bring you i and give you the once over with the hairdryer.
Oh! Sorry jane I appear to have dried your right arm too quickly. Now you’re stuck with one arm up and one arm down. Not to worry. We will put you on the roundabout in town and you can direct traffic ?

Jane10 Mon 23-Mar-20 21:51:59

Aaargh you're worse than DH. He's stuck a TV aerial on my head now and says that reception is much better. Just wait till I get these plasters off!

Doodle Mon 23-Mar-20 22:54:31

jane ..could you just move a little to the right....now up on tip
toes....hold your arm a bit higher. Perfect! ? now just stay like that while I watch the rest of the film.

HillyN Wed 25-Mar-20 20:00:44

Sorry I didn't make it to the knot and natter. I was practising my bowlines and got a bit tied up. grin

Doodle Wed 25-Mar-20 20:03:03

That’s your story hilly. You’re not into bondage are you ?