Gransnet forums

Chat

Anyone had a text or message about being on the shielded list.

(42 Posts)
Doodle Mon 23-Mar-20 20:06:49

DH had a text earlier saying he is on the list and not to go out at all. Anyone else been contacted?

newnanny Tue 24-Mar-20 15:34:36

I am still waiting.

vampirequeen Tue 24-Mar-20 15:36:47

DH has received a message but I haven't.

Franbern Tue 24-Mar-20 16:19:46

My Son in Law received a message from the hospital telling him to totally isolate for 12 weeks, not to have contact with other family members, not to share bathroom, and to have separate meals. He has taken over the main bedroom with the en-suite, not too sure where my daughter will be sleeping probably on the put u up in their dining room. She is therefore, having to look after their four children, do all shopping, cooking, cleaning, etc. and look after hubbie in 'attic', as well as managing still to do on-line work with her students.!!!!

TrendyNannie6 Tue 24-Mar-20 16:20:43

Had two texts last night as I’m high risk, no going out for minimum 12 weeks keep distance for anyone in household, so separate beds etc

BlueBelle Tue 24-Mar-20 16:59:52

I had a Gov text saying stay at home I presume that’s because I m 75 as I have no underlying medical problems
I m presuming they were sent to all over 70 s when you click on the www they give you though it’s the same info only go out for food, health, or work that’s no different to before
Confusing really are we still able to go fir a walk solo ?

Wheniwasyourage Tue 24-Mar-20 17:26:23

I think there is some confusion about the texts. As I understand it (not necessarily correctly), everyone who has a mobile phone is getting a text from Gov.uk saying that we have to stay at home. Those on the high risk list will get a personalised message. I've just had a text and am 68 with no underlying conditions (that I know of).

BlueBelle Tue 24-Mar-20 18:22:52

Yes it must be to everyone my daughter got one and isn’t on any lists nor age groups

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 24-Mar-20 18:31:14

I got three texts mentioning the guidelines from the NHS - I promise you I'm not showing off. They mentioned not to go out. It didn't say anything about being on the shielded list and I'm not sure why I've been sent them.
I'm 65, have been in remission from cancer for five years and am not on medication. I read, took note and deleted.

Scentia Tue 24-Mar-20 18:32:53

This is not the shielding text, this has gone to all people who have registered their mobile number with the GP I feel there is some confusion above.

FlexibleFriend Tue 24-Mar-20 18:33:17

I've got the same message as Bluebelle and I'm 65 with a shed load of medical issues.
Tell me something I don't know as I haven't been out for years except Hospital and Doctors appointments.

GabriellaG54 Tue 24-Mar-20 23:47:56

BlueBelle
I'm 75 and not had any mssg/call/text, nor do I anticipate getting one.
Business as usual but taking care.

Callistemon Wed 25-Mar-20 00:09:47

I have now had the text which Scentia has posted, quite late this evening.

If you have a mobile, I think everyone is getting a message..

Sussexborn Wed 25-Mar-20 00:27:39

That’s a relief. I thought I was being singled out when the message came through earlier. I’ve been trying to work out if it was for skin cancer or high blood pressure. I’ve been on medication for twenty years but BP is well controlled. Guess it is the generic text.

Juliet27 Wed 25-Mar-20 00:35:29

Yes I got the text but as far as I'm aware, being over 70 is my only 'problem'

Oopsadaisy3 Wed 25-Mar-20 06:38:48

We received the same message as Scentia we both have underlying issues, but we aren’t on the ‘special’ list.
I imagine those who don’t have a mobile phone registered the the NHS, will receive an email or a letter?
At least no one can say that they hate BJ so much that they don’t listen to his advice, so didnt know that they can’t go out .

M0nica Wed 25-Mar-20 18:30:14

A friend has received the letter.