Gransnet forums

Chat

Should GC go to contact visits to gather on lockdown ?

(30 Posts)
Callistemon Mon 23-Mar-20 22:36:56

I think you need expert advice, not our opinions and this question has asked by someone earlier today on local TV.
You may be able to find the answer on a government site or you could enquire through official channels.

Good luck

Marilla Mon 23-Mar-20 22:23:16

My interpretation may be wrong, but I think we are told to stay ‘at home’. As the girls live with mum the majority of the week, that would be considered home for them.
These are extraordinary times and although very difficult to keep the father happy, no one is supposed to be out unless buying food or medical supplies.

Jaffacake2 Mon 23-Mar-20 22:23:07

Sorry mistyped should GC go to contact visits to father on lockdown

Hetty58 Mon 23-Mar-20 22:22:51

I think it would be a very good reason to keep them at home with their mother for now. After all, the advice is to not visit family. Your daughter won't want to risk being fined!

Jaffacake2 Mon 23-Mar-20 22:18:10

I would welcome opinions please on our current family dilemma.
My daughter was left with 2 children nearly 2 years ago when her husband left the family home. They are separated ,not yet divorced. Children are 2yrs and 4 years old. They are with their father on weekends at his mother's home where he now lives.
Problem is ex husband will not communicate with my daughter,even when children have been ill. His mother is worse and will not speak at all unless being abusive to daughter. Now with the corona virus daughter has been observing social distance and staying at home to help protect children and herself from infection. But ex and his family will not say what they are doing for protection or to safeguard children's health.
Should the children still go to his place each weekend or should they stay based with their mother ?