Gransnet forums

Chat

Right Phoenix, get your act together NOW!

(32 Posts)
phoenix Tue 24-Mar-20 16:22:11

Hello all, and good wishes.

Mr P and I are both working from home. The smallest bedroom has long been a dedicated home office, was decorated not so long ago, and is a lovely, sunny South facing room with great views over the countryside. smile

We have a desktop pc, 1 tablet, and 2 smart phones.

So far I've not had much work to do, as we have closed down. So just emailing other staff and students, checking inbound emails etc. which I can do on the tablet.

Mr P has had technical drawings/plans yes to work on, so he's taken priority in the office. Fairy nuff!

BUT....... apart from a bit of batch cooking, and a few loads of washing, what have I been doing???

Zilch, nada, bugger all sweet Fanny Adams! blush

So, enough of this, I'm NOT on holiday, so I'm going to give myself a very good talking to and (to mis quote Boris) Get things done!

Erm, well, sort of, blush.

But I have made a list............ ready for tomorrow! grin

merlotgran Tue 24-Mar-20 22:19:39

I feel your pain, ga We've had some interesting substitutions from Sainsbury's but the best one was instead of boring old rich tea biscuits they sent salted toffee shortbread.

I don't have a sweet tooth but for some unexplained reason I punched the air. grin

mrswoo Tue 24-Mar-20 22:20:01

Can I suggest you factor in “elevensies” at er eleven 0’clock each morning phoenix. It’s a welcome break from lots of doing nothing. I have made it my number one lockdown rule and takes me right back to childhood - I half expect to be given a pink wafer biscuit and a cup of warm milk. Have to “make do” with a coffee and a Slimming World HiFi bar (which are surprisingly nice but alas unobtainable now that our local group is closed for the duration)

Grandmafrench Tue 24-Mar-20 22:27:02

You possibly never saw a very laid back Stephen Fry on the box? (A man who is bipolar and can be as manic and hyperactive as the best of us at times) saying that we are locked down, we must get used to different lives and we need above all now to learn to S L O W down. Each task, do it slowly, take our time, why are we rushing? why the pressure etc.,? Really think he's got a point. I was only listening with half an ear but I don't think he made mention of chocolate, ice cream, cat conferences or gazing at views, but it does sound as if you're on his wavelength. Keep it up ! grin

Chewbacca Tue 24-Mar-20 22:35:33

Whilst you lot have been *taking it easy^ and eating ice cream, I on the other hand have painted 3 fence panels, a garden shed and both sides of a garden gate today. <preens> I kept finding myself going faster and faster, as though I was running out of time. It took me a while to slow down and take my time. I've only got 19 more fence panels and another garden shed to do! Any takers? Or are you on ice cream eating duty all week?

GrannyGravy13 Tue 24-Mar-20 22:37:16

Since isolating I have no idea how I ever found the time to participate in life outside??

Laughterlines Tue 24-Mar-20 23:08:13

Phoenix cool it, you are making us all feel guilty.

I am in self isolation, nearly at the end but today did home haircut so will have to self isolate another six weeks while it grows out.

I decided to stay in PJs all day as nobody would see me. Forgot about FaceTime with ex fashion buyer and make up consultant friends, to my horror both dolled up to the nines.

Decided must do one job every day to avoid completely slobbing out, so cleaned one kitchen cupboard and planned to throw anything that said “use before 1999” but decided in the end to keep in garage just in case.

Are six months out of date yoghurt safe to eat.

Supper of baked beans straight from tin to save on washing up. Learned this handy tip from 17 year old DGS.

Must go, burning smell in kitchen. Maybe the chicken bones I put in Aga two days ago for stock. Being so busy I forgot....