Gransnet forums

Chat

Trump's message

(28 Posts)
SueDonim Tue 24-Mar-20 19:04:24

He seemed to be talking about the suicides that would occur if people lost their businesses/income. I saw a Fact Check about that and it’s inconceivable that as many would kill themselves as would be killed by CV if it spreads unhindered. You’d be talking about hundreds of thousands of suicides.

Of course, really, it’s about him getting a second term in November. hmm

vampirequeen Tue 24-Mar-20 18:27:27

Trump is only thinking about himself. Wall Street is at it's lowest since he became President. Think of all the money he's lost personally. He would rather throw his granny under a bus than let the stock market fall and upset his rich/industry/business supporters. If he reopens the factories etc it will be the poor who suffer the most. The rich will survive at home, those who can pay for it will receive treatment in private hospitals but the poor will have to rely on the few hospitals that treat anybody. Those hospitals will soon collapse under the sheer weight of victims and people will die but it will be OK because it will be poor people dying.

sodapop Tue 24-Mar-20 18:02:18

Does anyone think there may be some truth in what Trump is saying about the cure being worse than the illness.
If we take into account the long term economic problems its going to be a long road to recovery
I'm just asking the question, its not my view.