Chat

Dilemma dilemma

(77 Posts)
MawB Tue 24-Mar-20 22:27:39

So many dilemmas to concern us?
Which should I address first?
Truly, a dilemma.

MissAdventure Wed 25-Mar-20 12:40:11

I think that's really excellent advice, disgruntled.

Gaga1950 Wed 25-Mar-20 12:54:27

Dust is fine - just don’t write in it! After a period of time you can roll it up and move it!

SueDonim Wed 25-Mar-20 13:01:05

Dilemmas should be rationed to one a day. Then everybody could have one.

MissAdventure Wed 25-Mar-20 13:04:25

Well, I could volunteer, I suppose.
Take a dilemma to a few needy people..

Kim19 Wed 25-Mar-20 17:37:32

Don't know what it says about me but I find this thread extremely funny. Maybe I was in need of something to tickle my fancy today. Who knows? I texted it around to a few of my friends whom I honestly thought were on a similar wavelength. Wow! The responses were insipid e.g. 'are you all right?' 'was this meant for me?' Cannot tell you how disappointed I am. Maybe I'm being unfair in that we did have a small build up but....blimey! I say again, thank you to all participants. I loved it.

Ninarosa Wed 25-Mar-20 19:17:31

Oh you are a silly lot. I love you all.

CherryCezzy Wed 25-Mar-20 21:19:00

Ikwym Kim19 whether this thread is meant to tickle me or not it has done so. Now I have a dilemma about whether I ought to be or not ought to be tickled by it. I do like the heads or tails idea but if there are a few, say 6 for example they could be numbered and a die may be handy. Puts the die into solving dilemmas.

Kim19 Wed 25-Mar-20 21:29:48

Great stuff CC. You're far too smart for me but I like your style. Ta.

GreenGran78 Wed 25-Mar-20 22:46:17

Disgruntled. That’s the method I use for decisions, too. My subconscious seems to give me a nudge in the right direction. Sometimes, though, I prefer to do the unappealing activity first, and get it out of the way.

Chewbacca Wed 25-Mar-20 22:50:35

This is my dilemma choosing song:

Eeeny meeny miny no,
Sit the baby on the po,
When it's done,
Smack its bum
With a piece of chewing gum

Never fails.

Doodle Wed 25-Mar-20 22:53:08

chewy only you could come up with that ?

Chewbacca Wed 25-Mar-20 22:55:42

It's never failed me yet MissA, no matter how monumentally challenging my dilemma is. I think it has a scientific provenance. <nods sagely>

MissAdventure Wed 25-Mar-20 22:56:09

grin
I love silly poems like that, and so do my grandsons, luckily!
Used to drive my daughter mad seeing us snickering about rude stuff.

MissAdventure Wed 25-Mar-20 22:57:28

Oh, scientific provenance.
I'm very impressed.

GreenGran78 Wed 25-Mar-20 22:57:52

Kim19 It’s so annoying when no-one else sees the funny side of something, and look at you as though you are a bit lacking. I often get the giggles at really strange things. When my family want to set me off they only have to mention the time that the cat had a sneezing fit, and hopped down the room like a bucking bronco. It never fails, even after about 30 years! Maybe I AM a bit lacking! smile

Callistemon Wed 25-Mar-20 22:59:39

Kim you need some new friends!!

MissAdventure Wed 25-Mar-20 23:03:47

Its lovely when you meet someone on the same wavelength, humour wise.

Callistemon Wed 25-Mar-20 23:07:53

We're very good with scientific provenance on here
(Nods sagely)

Chewbacca Wed 25-Mar-20 23:08:11

Humour is a funny thing though isn't it? My DS is the only person I know that shares my weird sense of the ridiculous. Sometimes, I can't have eye contact with him because I know that we'll collapse into guffaws of laughter that perplex everyone else. Funny thing humour!

Yennifer Wed 25-Mar-20 23:10:58

None, go have a bubble bath x

Chewbacca Wed 25-Mar-20 23:18:51

You went to the same university as me then Callistemon? Always good to know we can fall back on our scientific provenances isn't it? <still nodding sagely>

MissAdventure Wed 25-Mar-20 23:23:10

Well, totally off topic, my grandsons taught me this song.

Scooby Dooby Doo, did a poo,
Inside Shaggy's slipper.

Shaggy put it on. What a pong!
It made him shake and shiver.

Callistemon Wed 25-Mar-20 23:23:22

I did but you are more modern and up to date in the theories of statistical probabilities which may or may not have scientific provenance than me, Chewbacca, being so much younger
(And a lot more glamorous I should add).

Callistemon Wed 25-Mar-20 23:25:54

Oh no, MissA that reminded me of the time DD's cat thought my slipper would be a good place for a poo
And I put it on in the middle of the night to trudge to the toilet (where I drowned the cat)

No animals were harmed in the telling of this story.

Chewbacca Wed 25-Mar-20 23:37:25

Oh MissA that made me howl with laughter! gringrin I've written that down and will text it to my GD in the morning! Her mum will love me for that. Not.