Gransnet forums

Chat

Come here for corona-free chat!

(34 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 27-Mar-20 16:15:21

Are you feeling overwhelmed by all the coverage of 'that virus'? Do you dream of dancing toilet rolls? Do you need some light relief or a distraction from it all? If so, then a warm welcome to the No Corona Zone.

We have banned coronavirus from this area of the forum - if only we could eradicate it so easily elsewhere - and will do our best to moderate and keep it virus-free.

Of course, the other areas of the forum are fine to use too, but hopefully you'll find this a sanctuary for when it all becomes too much. smile flowers

Alishka Sun 19-Apr-20 13:23:00

Cooking in Challenging Times - today I'm eating....drum roll...
cat food!
Translation = I've found packet of tripe I'd bought to feed a neighbour's cat who is now in lockdown with his owner/slave.

I'm in isolation for EVER,or so it seems, so went to my Italian cookbooks to see if they have any tasty menus for tripe - and they HAVE!
So today it's Trippa alla Romana. Tripe-got. olive oil -got.White wine - got.Chicken - got a stock cube so I'll give that a tick too.Chillies - got.Tats-got.Peas - got.
Ladies, I'm going ingrin

George441 Sun 30-Aug-20 09:03:56

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

henetha Sun 30-Aug-20 10:37:39

Not if we eat an apple a day! There are loads of apples on the tree belonging to my next door neighbour and he's not picking them. What a waste. But he lets me pick those that grow over my side of the fence.
It's a perfect day here around Dartmoor.

KentMike Mon 26-Oct-20 02:07:15

Nope, I don't feel anything yet. Totally safe from Covid-19 so far. But not sure what will happen next.

KentMike Mon 26-Oct-20 02:07:51

Message deleted by Gransnet because it quotes a previously deleted post.

Sawsage2 Thu 29-Oct-20 23:31:31

I see the corona chat has crept in to this non-corona thread. Please keep it out. 'George 441' - yes we will die of something or other at the alloted time ?

B9exchange Thu 29-Oct-20 23:37:57

I am wildly excited that next April we hope to greet grandchild number 8! I now have an excuse to get knitting again, if my arthritic thumbs will behave themselves!

Hassaid Tue 24-Nov-20 14:37:58

I have actually enjoyed people being out more! a few months ago on my walks I wouldn't see many people out. But now I see all kinds of people. Great to see more families out with their little'uns