Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's welcoming kitchen for the sharing of...

(1001 Posts)
soop Sat 28-Mar-20 14:48:39

Hello my lovelies. At last I can open up and prepare for a wee buffet to celebrate our new refuge. cupcake brew cafe wine smile flowers
Welcome!

soop Tue 28-Apr-20 12:17:13

Let's go...

soop Tue 28-Apr-20 12:17:01

Our new kitchen is cosy but roomy enough for anyone who wishes to take refuge in it. There is also a special place for the pets to meet up and play. Also, a photo gallery for all the lovely grandchildren. Are you ready?

soop Tue 28-Apr-20 12:14:57

I'm packing away the empty wine bottles. We've new cushions and tartan rugs ready for our move. Everything looks neat and dandy. Us lot have standards...

soop Tue 28-Apr-20 12:13:15

Charleygirl Serves those selfish folk right. A result! Keep a low profile. You are in the clear.

jacq10 The bruising will develop through several shades of purple/blue/pale greenish yellow. Remember please, to stay rested.

soop Tue 28-Apr-20 12:08:35

GrannyOwl5 Would you believe that I am almost (not quite) impatient for this glorious weather to change course? The garden looks fab. I'm doubly wearied by the hard graft...and well pleased in equal measure. The dust has been moved from A to B with less commitment. It's the sunlight that shines through the window late afternoon that puts me to shame as it highlights the residue..

soop Tue 28-Apr-20 12:03:45

grannylyn65 Your upside down cup sounds ideal for cutting out scones. Galen, please note.

soop Tue 28-Apr-20 12:01:06

Carillion I am very envious of your 'lollipop' shrub. It would look amazing in our garden. Very architectural.

NannyTopsy Never fear...anytime soon I shall open our new kitchen. The bubbly is being chilled as I type. All the delicious food that has been loving prepared by those of us lot who can bake, is being prepared for the buffet. We've also the best china rady and and waiting. And...wait for it...starched linen napkins. Us lot are far too classy for the throw-away paper stuff. wink

Dreamkeeper The care extended to you when you fell, mirrors the kindness I was given by the Tesco staff when I took a nasty tumble. A little kindness goes a very long way. It's also a good thing to voice one's gratitude. (hugs)

Susan All that we want to hear is good news regarding little Henry's recent health issues. One good day at a time. Please may he begin to benefit from the experts who are dealing with his case. X

Charleygirl5 Tue 28-Apr-20 11:53:16

I do like that lovely shrub Carillion.

TV for me is dire tonight so I will wash my hair and attempt to cut it I think. My hair is fine but I have a lot of it. I usually wear it in a short bob but it has now reached my jaw and soon it will be ponytail length. I am partially sighted so the end result will be interesting but I cannot see the back so who is bothered?!

Carillion01 Tue 28-Apr-20 10:51:02

Good morning kitchen.
Hope to be around a bit more now that DH is feeling well after his dodgy couple of weeks.

French pm to speak this afternoon to announce exit steps from 4th May leading up to 11th May ('pivotal date' re lockdown, apparently.)

Just to make you smile, sending a quick pic of my 'lollipop' shrub. Only trimmed it last week, think it needs another haircut, a bit like me. ?
Sending love and TOYA, xxx

Carillion01 Tue 28-Apr-20 10:43:39

Galen, I use a cleaned-out baked beans tin for a cutter now. Saw Jamie Oliver using it to cut out bread rolls!

Charleygirl5 Tue 28-Apr-20 10:25:58

I must switch on the heating before hypothermia sets in.
TOYA

Nannytopsy Tue 28-Apr-20 09:25:10

Phew! I made it before this kitchen closes. Don’t forget to leave a trail of empty wine bottles to lead us to the next one Soop. We all know why you fall over but the others are too polite to mention it!
Lovely gardens -I am so glad it is raining so that I can have a day off digging. I could barely get out of bed as I have stiffened up.
Have good days and be kind to yourselves today. X

cornergran Tue 28-Apr-20 08:38:53

callgirl flowers and a wish for a brighter day.

callgirl1 Tue 28-Apr-20 01:15:31

I`ve been absent for a couple of days, feeling sorry for myself, but have told myself to stop it and think of others worse off than me, so will stop moaning right now.
Soop, that is definitely an OUCH! Please take care, and give your poor wounded soldier a hug and a kiss from me.
There are some beautiful gardening pics on here, Carillion I love those poppies, I`ve only ever seen red ones, which are equally lovely. Smileless, I love your roof terrace. I don`t have a garden, just a tatty back yard, thank goodness. I love to see a beautiful garden, but am lazy and don`t want all the work that goes into keeping them nice.
Oh dear Jacq10, I hope you`re feeling less battered and bruised by now, falls really are a shock to the system aren`t they?
Panache, I`m glad to hear that your food has improved, someone obviously had a word in the right shell-like!
Well, next time I visit you`ll probably all be settled into the new kitchen, hope I can find you!
TOYA xx

Dreamkeeper Mon 27-Apr-20 22:58:25

How thrilling it is to enjoy the numerous garden photos and better still know I no longer have to brave the hard work which it takes to keep them so beautiful?!
So many of you with obvious green fingers!

Indeed the lack of air pollution has served nature well,our skies are an azure blue whilst all around are in a good healthy shape.Something to be said for this new countryside!

Anno how surprising your own fall was almost a replica of mine,I hope it will be your final one!Like you I too was left with a hefty repair bill to my specs.However it was very heart warming to find complete strangers so very kind and caring.
It happened outside our Tesco stores and I was wheeled into their rest room whilst awaiting the ambulance.The manageress insisted I remove my heavily blood stained scarf and she insisted I wear a brand new one from their stores.Such kind thoughts.Later on I felt so comforted knowing such people actually do exist.
No more trips though please!!

We certainly qualify for one of Susan`s bubble onesies!
May your Henry continue making good progress.
I am very much with you on a visit to the seaside when all this is over!

Not much to report when shielded........so Keep Safe and Keep Happy my kitchen friends.

Charleygirl5 Mon 27-Apr-20 22:13:34

Apple and honey cake sounds yum to me.

Susan take each day at a time but that is good if that young man got through a whole day without any trauma, to him or his mum!

Grannyfrench my friends who live the other side of my delightful neighbours have reported them to the police who were apparently very interested and will do something the next time they are informed. Life is going to be difficult here but they are their own worst enemy.
TOYA

grannylyn65 Mon 27-Apr-20 21:25:23

I use an upside down cup for scones

GrannyOwl5 Mon 27-Apr-20 20:47:58

Hello the kitchen. Pleased that all those with bumps, bruises and blood-spilling are improving. I hope I have not inadvertently caused all these stumbles, trips and gardening misadventures with my gifts of alcoholic drinks to the kitchen. Will have to bring soft drinks instead.
Smileless2012 I enjoyed the Mantel book, but it’s very long and I felt the middle section could do with a trim, but I can recommend it.
I, too, have been putting off doing any housework during these lovely sunny days, but it looks like tomorrow will see the cobwebs disturbed around the hoover and the dusters given a good shaking as rain is forecast.?
Take care of yourselves ?

Doodle Mon 27-Apr-20 20:19:00

Dashing in before galen changes her mind. Yes please ?. What’s happened to Gary? Is he so full from your other cakes he can’t eat any more? ?

Galen Mon 27-Apr-20 19:33:25

Apple and honey Cake for them that wants some.
Cunard have published the recipe for their lovely fruit scones on line so I might try to make them on Wednesday. They haven’t said what size cutter to use. Any suggestions, I’ve never made scones before

Doodle Mon 27-Apr-20 19:11:09

susan glad little Henry is doing better. I too long for a trip to the coast to see the sea and stand on the beach and feel the warm breeze waft over me...... that’s enough dreaming ?

jacq10 Mon 27-Apr-20 18:52:31

Who mentioned wine? I am usually happy to live up to my reputation as a wine lover but definitely hadn't imbibed when I fell from grace on to the pavement. Had a rubbish sleep last night but pain is definitely less this afternoon and no bruising. Retired nurse friend said it might be a day or two before bruising comes out but I think the newly acquired spare tyre round my middle may have helped soften the blow!! All this food that appears in this kitchen has been leading me astray!!!

Susan56 Mon 27-Apr-20 18:48:36

I have been absent from the kitchen for the last 24 hours as I am working on a prototype onesie made of bubble wrap and padding for all you lovely Kitcheners who keep falling over.I have only worked on a female suit so will have to return to the drawing board to make a Male version for macS!
Smileless,I have terrace and sea view envy.I think our first trip when lockdown ends will be to the coast,I miss seeing the sea so much.
I have been baking today.Doesnt happen very often but DH has been doing such sterling work on the garden and with the decorating I made a few of his favourites -
maids of honour,currant buns and a couple of cheese and onion pies.If he hasn’t scoffed the lot,I will leave some on the side.
In happy news,Henry hasn’t had any severe reactions today.I know it’s only one day but it looks like hopefully his new medicine is helping??
TOYA and take care everyone?

Smileless2012 Mon 27-Apr-20 17:47:32

Thank you all for your complements about our roof terrace. Mr. S. is absolutely thrilled, especially as I've been showing him the pictures you've all been posting of your beautiful gardens. He does all the work and I just have to enjoy it.

He's ready and willing to help you with your garden Charleygirlsmile.

Heat is such a good thing for aches and pains Jacq. You may find any bruising takes a day or two to come out so don't be surprised if parts of you begin to change colour.

Goodness soop you and MacSporran really must take more care. I remember when I first came to the kitchen hearing about the hospital ward and if your not careful you could both end up there.

If there's still no matron I'd like to suggest Charleygirl as at least if anyone gives her any trouble she can use her rope to tie them to the bedgrin.

I had to walk into town so thought I'd leave it until later so there'd be fewer people about. There were 3 shops I needed to go too and yes, it was quieter in town because only one of them was open; one closed at 3.00 pm and the other at 4.00 pm. I got there at 5 minutes pastangry. I suppose 1 out of 3 wasn't too badhmm.

There's a lot of talk at the moment about the significant changes the reduction in air pollution due to the lock down is making to wildlife and even the colour of the sky. Well I keep looking out at the sea. I've never seen it look so beautiful, it's such an amazing shade of blue, it doesn't look real.

Have a good evening everyone TOYAsmile

soop Mon 27-Apr-20 17:12:43

Charleyg Us lot hear you loud and clear. It's comforting to have someone to watch over us. wink

PurplePixie I'm bowled over (virtually) by the range of delicious gifts that you have brought into the kitchen. I can barely contain myself. Now, where to begin...

Smileless Your terrace is exactly what I would love to have had done with our garden. It's stunning. I want one. I shall show MacSporran.

anno I did a silly thing earlier this afternoon. I caught up with rather a lot of ironing. I would much sooner be outside. Anyway, we've had tea on the patio, and I've taken a few photos around the garden to share with you.

Jacq10 Read my lips...stay rested and recouperate sooner rather than later. I can be fierce...hmm

corner MacSporran has just come into the house. He has "caught his hand on something..." The skin is pleated and there is a large gash. TCP has been administered. Now it's my turn to be bossy (with him).

Thinking of you all. I shall return tomorrow. In the meantime, please do take the best possible care of yourselves. Or else. smile moon

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion