Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(83 Posts)
Oopsadaisy3 Sun 29-Mar-20 07:25:39

Good morning from a breezy , cloudy and cold Oxfordshire.
We only watch the Government briefings at the moment , we don’t watch the news programmes anymore and we feel better for it.
We have only been out of the house (apart from the garden) once since March 10 th, the 2 weeks prior to that we went out twice to the Surgery to see the GP when DH became unwell, it’s getting a bit tedious now, it wasn’t too bad when the weather was warm enough to sit out in, but he still isn’t well enough to go out in the cold, so back indoors again.
Still, mustn’t grumble......
Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

Scentia Sun 29-Mar-20 07:21:45

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire, breezy cool and rather grey out there this morning. Still, I will try and get my washing out in a while.
I am hardly coughing at all this morning so hopefully it has abated.
I will spend most of the day saying what the actual time is!!!!

My DD thinks the cough has come from being inside with central heating for so much longer than usual, I won’t tell DH she thinks that or it will be turned off??
I am going to finish cleaning all my windows today, I did try yesterday but got scared on the ladder doing the upstairs ones outside so will do those from the inside, I think there is a way to open them so I can do it safely if I remember rightly.
Please, all of you stay safe and virus free and keep yourself as busy as you can.

Liljan Sun 29-Mar-20 07:01:02

Good morning all, we listened to the news yesterday morning then left it behind us for the rest of the day and it made such a difference, felt much more upbeat. Completed a few chores around the house then in the afternoon we had another go at playing backgammon, think we’ve cracked the basics. Watched Ant & Dec and more light hearted “stuff” in the evening and went to bed with a less heavy heart than usual. A day off corona did us both some good. Not a lot planned for today but daughter1 has invited us to play a What’s App quiz with her and her husband tonight @ 8pm..not sure how it’s done but we’re up for it and looking forward to a fun evening.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 29-Mar-20 06:58:28

Goodmorning Mick and all x

The sky is blue here in S E Essex although there are a lot of clouds on the horizon.

Mr.GG managed to get a chicken yesterday so it's a roast with all the trimmings today, I shall also make some banana bread and an apple cake (my poor waist line!!!!).

((((((((-))))))))) hugs to all off our lovely Gransnetters who
are having a wobble

Keep safe and well folks flowers

Beechnut Sun 29-Mar-20 06:52:00

Upset me in anyway.

Beechnut Sun 29-Mar-20 06:51:14

Yes Elizabeth1 I try not to watch too much news it makes me anxious.

As to the start of the day, it is dry on Severnside.

Not to worry CherryCezzy you did not upset in anyway.

I got my branches cut up and binned yesterday but the wind was so chilly I wasn’t outside for very long and if it’s anything like the same today I shall just cosy down indoors.

Let us have the best day we can and good morning everyone ?

Elizabeth1 Sun 29-Mar-20 06:34:34

Good morning everyone and another day of self isolating. Me and my DH are taking a short journey in the car to pick up unwanted food I’ll have my wee walk in the garden today to strengthen my leg muscles they’re doing really well. I’m now going back to bed in the warm cause I’m feeling the cold and it’s far too early for me to get up just yet I’ll probably be sound asleep in a few minutes just in time for the carers to waken me up at 8.30 they are all so lovely I’m really blessed by having them to care for me my DH is doing his very best I’m trying my best to let him carry on snoring so that he’s in fine fettle for the rest of the day have a good day everyone and stay away from the news keep sanity in your home and in your mind

12Michael Sun 29-Mar-20 06:17:54

Good Morning Everyone,
I am up at my usual time , its twilight out there but looks dry and clear at the moment here in Brackley.
Today, semi self isolate , maybe a small shop , but trying not to spend more time on computer or watching TV.
The residential home i live in, we all had an internal letter as to the current situation,and obeying those orders made by not using the community lounge, , there is a group of around 6 who think they run the place whilst the management are not about by creating there own rules.
Mick