Gransnet forums

Chat

Conspiracy Theories

(157 Posts)
Oldwoman70 Thu 02-Apr-20 12:48:53

Don't start that one Teetime - everyone will be panic buying tin foil grin

Firecracker123 Thu 02-Apr-20 11:14:38

The infected test animals were then sold at Wuhan market is one theory by a worker at the laboratory.

GagaJo Thu 02-Apr-20 11:02:43

I like yours best Teetime.

Teetime Thu 02-Apr-20 10:54:53

The Sanger Institute did the gene sequencing and apparently it traces to bat and pangolin so perhaps a giant bat and his pangolin buddy were invaded by space aliens and decided to take over the human world. grin

GrannyGravy13 Thu 02-Apr-20 10:48:55

The China theory is easily explained as there is a Grade Four Virology Laboratory in Wuhan.

I cannot believe that this virus was deliberately released, however it is not beyond the realms of possibility that it accidentally came into contact with a lab technician who went on to be a so called super spreader.

The reality is we will probably never know for certain.

BlueSky Thu 02-Apr-20 10:48:42

No 'they' were experimenting on germ warfare and this virus escaped!

Oldwoman70 Thu 02-Apr-20 10:37:59

During this worrying time a number of conspiracy theories are emerging so which ones, if any, do you believe? Some I have heard are:

The virus has been manufactured and released

By China (for what reason is unclear)

By a group of businessmen wanting to take over the world

By a mad billionare who wants to infect as many people as possible and then sell the cure and make a fortune

By various governments who will eventually state everyone has to have a chip inserted under their skin which will enable them to control and enslave us