Gransnet forums

Chat

What shape is your day? ( lighthearted)

(69 Posts)
Greymar Fri 03-Apr-20 12:00:53

Mine used to be jaggy not it is more of a plasticine sausage.

sallyc06 Sat 04-Apr-20 10:50:14

Flat as a pancake

maryhoffman37 Sat 04-Apr-20 10:53:25

We are both self-isolating, as over 70. We have a regular timetable and make sure we get up at the usual time, shower and dress. The timetable is so enjoyable we are thinking of sticking to it after the crisis is over.

I have worked from home for twenty years or more an last week was quite productive, apart from being stung by a wasp, bruising a rib in the attempt to get away from it and, yesterday, managing to scald my hand with boiling soup while taking it off the plate, as I had a phone tucked under my ear!

Quite dangerous this staying at home. I hope my day will be an uneventful shape.

henetha Sat 04-Apr-20 10:55:12

Like a smiley mouth today, thank goodness, after a couple of days of a big frown owing to annoying technical hitches.
I've turnd that frown upside down grin

Callistemon Sat 04-Apr-20 10:58:18

Fluid with occasional spikes, so perhaps melting ice

The spikes are anxiety.

Flytothestars Sat 04-Apr-20 11:01:50

My day is like a large, plumfy, cloud like cushion. We normally travel a lot in UK and Europe to see family and friends but we are settling into a more relaxed way of life very well...

threexnanny Sat 04-Apr-20 11:01:58

Long, very narrow, and mostly flat with no end in sight.

juneo Sat 04-Apr-20 11:02:40

Hi, my daughter is front line NHS (midwife) and I completely understand your fears, I wake up each morning having forgotten, then it suddenly hit's me! The good thing is lots more protective equipment is being delivered for frontline staff, our daughter has also moved in with a colleague to protect the rest of us!! So I'm also missing her like mad! It is extremely tough, I am praying it all ends very soon, sending you a big hug and understanding, xx

TATT Sat 04-Apr-20 11:03:54

My days are like moving along a tunnel. It’s not dark, just very monotonous.

Craftycat Sat 04-Apr-20 11:05:25

A bit spikey today but looks as if it will soften later as the sun is shining now. Hopefully a fluffy afternoon.

Moggycuddler Sat 04-Apr-20 11:06:43

A kind of zigzag. Stressed and edgy.

Alexa Sat 04-Apr-20 11:06:46

An upward line punctuated by snack meals ending in settling to sleep in my bed.

Mollygo Sat 04-Apr-20 11:08:36

Mine was a routine day-get up, walk, do jobs, keep fit with online program
BUT THEN
got a phone call from my DD to say that on the way back from shops she would drive by our house, stop, let the DGC out into the pavement to wave and chat across the garden whilst she leaves bags on the path. Facetime is great but FACE time is amazing.

Tooyoungytobeagrandma Sat 04-Apr-20 11:11:41

Flat and meh the last couple days. Stuck at home with a man I am divorcing, house sale delayed, viewings for new home on hold, all a tad depressing. Trying to use my time off work (furloughed) to pack up my belongings or do crafts that I rarely get time to do but last couple days I cannot find the enthusiasm to do anything. I go for a walk with my dog once a day but as there seem to be more people out and about and definately more cars on the roads I come back cross at people who seem to think the rules don't apply to them. Cant wait to be able to go for a coffee with my friend and have a good natter and some cake?

Aepgirl Sat 04-Apr-20 11:18:50

Flattish. But bed (on my own!) will be lovely tonight as clean sheets and pillowcases - lovely.

farview Sat 04-Apr-20 11:22:56

A graph...up..down..level..down..up..dip..surge..level....

jh85 Sat 04-Apr-20 11:26:31

Wonderful morning. Saw a kingfisher and two beautiful grey wagtails and heard a wood pecker. Complete silence except for birdsongs in Wiltshire.

Patsyfagan Sat 04-Apr-20 11:49:51

Do the Joe Wicks work outs on You Tube, will make you feel a lot better in yourselves. ??

123gran Sat 04-Apr-20 11:52:32

A bit like the corona graph so far - very slow start to the day then a rapid high peak (exercise hour) then down the other side but gradually as the daily briefing is another bit of structure to the day, followed by news. Finally a flattish line (bed and maybe some sleep if I’m tired enough).
Get up and repeat.......But at first I was surprised that I enjoyed lack of pressure to be, to do, to talk to...etc., etc. Not sure how long that’ll last though. (Over 70 with conditions)

Outofstepwithhumanity Sat 04-Apr-20 11:54:33

Like an amoeba, amorphous & creeping out in assorted directions

Theoddbird Sat 04-Apr-20 11:58:43

Smooth and shiny.

Jane10 Sat 04-Apr-20 12:04:47

Sort of spongy. Some fixed points--making lunch, walk, Film/TV with DH for a bit in the pm. We watch 'Assembly' aka ministerial briefing at 5ish, shout at the questions then make supper. TV again then bed. In between times I'm reading so much that my kindle needs recharging much more often than usual. It's OK though.
Family and friends phone/zoom/WhatsApp video call and a kind of life goes on.

gran5up Sat 04-Apr-20 12:27:00

Rainbow shaped:pots of gold at both ends (bedtime and up with the cat (not the lark)

blueberry1 Sat 04-Apr-20 12:37:37

Big fat smiley today as I received a package from my daughter and youngest grandson with lots of things to cheer me up - sunflower seeds,chocolate,a crochet rainbow,a teacup x-stitch and a lovely rainbow coloured message.They have been keeping busy and it was such a thoughtful gesture so smile lots today!

Thecatshatontgemat Sat 04-Apr-20 12:40:59

Circular with a springy centre rather like a kids trampoline.
Mostly upbeat and bouncy.

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 04-Apr-20 12:41:54

Reminds me of a song - busy doing nothing - well I'm doing allsorts but it amounts to nothing!!