Gransnet forums

Chat

What shape is your day? ( lighthearted)

(69 Posts)
Greymar Fri 03-Apr-20 12:00:53

Mine used to be jaggy not it is more of a plasticine sausage.

Shazboo Sat 04-Apr-20 12:51:54

I actually didn't read the headline and was wondering for a while.... what the hell are these lot on about!!
Then it clicked..... read the headline lol.
Mines quite soft and is moving like magic sand but then it'll hit a jagged rock... lol?

whywhywhy Sat 04-Apr-20 13:48:01

Spikey like a cactus ?.

moggie57 Sat 04-Apr-20 14:09:45

deft flat .no one to talk to.no cat either mine went to rainbow bridge a month ago. same day in and out.plain boring .carrots and cabbage for lunch...and camomile tea......still it makes the food last.

Susiewakie Sat 04-Apr-20 14:54:26

Mine is a rectangle again up washed walk or run 5k then brunch jobs around the house .sit in garden with music on if warm enough .trying to sit and read a book .lunch then another potter round the house / garden .baking/ cooking then a bit of TV until time to make dinner .watched national theatre last night on utube

Madmaggie Sat 04-Apr-20 14:58:20

When I read the strap line of this thread I immediately had an image of a raw home made loaf of bread closely followed by a spotted dick pudding blush today feels like circles - lots to do but achieving little.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 04-Apr-20 15:15:02

Mine is like a wavy line - a bit up and a bit down - but hopefully not too extreme in either direction. Alternatively like the line in the middle of the road, broken at times but heading somewhere - who knows where?

Grany Sat 04-Apr-20 15:21:35

Bed shape oblong Need more sleep

justwokeup Sat 04-Apr-20 15:33:21

Vertigo today so very wavy and woozy.

Lorelei Sat 04-Apr-20 15:44:33

Like a nebula universe, a magnetar with plenty of dark matter - a super-massive black hole in this Corona-filled galaxy. That said, amongst all this dread and nastiness are rainbows of hope; the army of NHS and other people working as carers, doing favours or offering some form of help to friends, neighbours, communities - the Supernova superstars that make the world a better, softer, flexible shape, a better place for us all

seadragon Sat 04-Apr-20 16:02:45

All jaggedy day today. Fraught visit into town to collect shopping ordered on line for the first time from local shop. Had to give card number over phone to be able to collect from back door. No friendly smiles/chat. Various necessary things "unavailable, sorry" so various trips to 3 supermarkets before all (very basic) items sourced. Each shop had a different system for access and provision for hygiene. Some easier to follow than others. Whole experience undermined by waking up in the small hours worrying that the ferries to our tiny island would stop coming to here (with food) to have DH switch on radio - (we often do synchronised waking) and hear that our ferries were struggling financially and would need help to continue supplying us.... Oh well, I could do with losing a few pounds..

Greymar Sat 04-Apr-20 17:40:47

flatty fatty today. very flatty.

grannybuy Sat 04-Apr-20 18:07:50

Mine started a bit deflated, as I heard that the residents in Dh's nursing home are now confined to their own rooms as a precaution. It's ballooning now, as DS and I have just finished an M & S microwaveable meal, and are now enjoying a Magnum lolly. Indulgent, I know!

SirChenjin Sat 04-Apr-20 18:17:58

My day is now a very big smiley sunshine shape - after searching for my car keys for the last few days I finally found them in the pockets of one of my DDs many coat pockets. I can’t tell you how pleased I am sunshinesmile

tiredoldwoman Sat 04-Apr-20 19:11:05

I'm like a half melted jelly . I went out for a walk but the legs couldn't remember how to do it - is it still left right left right ?

SalsaQueen Sat 04-Apr-20 20:44:46

It's been a better day - the sun has been shining - and my day today has been round and fluffy

GabriellaG54 Sun 05-Apr-20 02:03:42

Yesterday ( Saturday) mine was painless positive and peaceful after Thurs/Fri terrible torture...(cramps)

grandtanteJE65 Sun 05-Apr-20 10:41:15

Mine has been shapeless for 24 hours, due to a migræne that kept me staggering from my bed to the toilet to be sick.

trisher Sun 05-Apr-20 10:45:41

Mine keeps changing. Yesterday it was flat until tea time when the GCs Whats Apped me and it was a balloon. It's sunny today so it's small and egg shaped. I think it will grow when I go into the garden.