Gransnet forums

Chat

What has made you happy today?

(138 Posts)
Caramac Fri 03-Apr-20 13:23:43

My daughter has just dropped off - at a safe distance- a box of lovely fresh veg from a local firm. I’m really impressed. In it are
1 avocado
4 bananas
1 swede
1 pineapple
2 brown onions
1 red onion
1 orange
2 satsumas
1 red and 1 green pepper
1 red and 1 green apple
1 huge lemon
2limes
1 white cabbage
1 cauliflower
1 leek
1x 500g broccoli
3 salad tomatoes
2 parsnips
1 punnet of strawberries
1 punnet of raspberries
1punnet of red grapes
1 pear and another apple
3 plums
6 medium potatoes
1 lettuce
1 cucumber
The freshness and quality are very good and I am thrilled to have received this box of healthy food. It cost £20 and I’m happy with that.
What has made you happy today?

cornergran Fri 03-Apr-20 17:39:26

A peaceful walk along our little river. Blue sky, warm sunshine. very few people, loads of space, quietly running water. So lucky to have the river close by.

Bridie22 Fri 03-Apr-20 17:50:50

My daughter in law dropping off lots of fruit, I was down to 1 crinkly satsuma.

Greta8 Fri 03-Apr-20 18:02:49

A long walk with my lovely husband in our beautiful forest, accessible from our house, seeing wild euphorbia, anemones and the beginning of some bluebells.

A hot bath when I got back.

Two large g and t's.

Texts from my daughter about our veg box which she has organised. A beautiful, caring girl.

Watching old episodes of Howards Way, reminding me of being a 'girl about town' in Southampton!!!

Nanabanana1 Fri 03-Apr-20 18:03:31

Lovely walk with my dog in the woods and just got a Tesco delivery slot for next week.
?

Deedaa Fri 03-Apr-20 22:09:02

Watching the female Giant Otter on Animal Park being reunited with the mate she hadn't seen for a year. They were both SO excited to see each other.

BradfordLass73 Sat 04-Apr-20 06:04:45

Being able to order warm Pjs for my grandson after a store which had closed over a week ago, mailed to say they'd opened online ordering again. Yipeee!

M0nica Sat 04-Apr-20 18:55:07

Two hours in the garden in the Spring sunshine, planting seeds and tidying up.

merlotgran Sat 04-Apr-20 19:00:51

Making fleece covers for the raised vegetable beds with DH
Successfully trimming our JR's dew claws (she hates it)
Winning the family sweepstake (£14) in the virtual Grand National.

toscalily Sat 04-Apr-20 19:10:10

Making meatballs with fresh beef mince grin

Mapleleaf Sat 04-Apr-20 19:10:41

Getting out into the garden today to clean the mini greenhouse, check the plants I'd overwintered in there to find most had survived (pelargoniums). I've trimmed away all the dead leaves and stems so that the new growth has room to breathe. Tomorrow I will sow some seeds. That had been my plan today, but the cleaning and checking took longer than I thought it would.
It has felt like a very productive day. ?

SirChenjin Sat 04-Apr-20 19:30:52

Finding my car keys after several days of looking for them - they were in my DDs coat pocket, despite everyone swearing blind they hadn’t seen them. Can’t tell you how pleased I am!

EllanVannin Sat 04-Apr-20 19:42:13

Email from D in Oz, besides a phone-call the other morning from her.

Just thrown open a patio door to let the lovely evening air in, sunshine and blue sky half an hour ago. You can feel the difference in the breeze----it's not an icy blast !

Davida1968 Sat 04-Apr-20 19:46:43

FaceTime calls with family and friends. Seeing what's coming up in the garden. DH's excellent home-baked bread.

NannyJan53 Sat 04-Apr-20 19:48:32

DD dropped by with some groceries and my belated Mothers Day card and present. All left on the doorstep and we had a brief chat through the window. She lives 15 miles away.

The card said she was 'proud to be my daughter' that made me so happy but tearful.

NanaandGrampy Sat 04-Apr-20 21:07:03

A Zoom party with all my family , on 2 continents, 3 countries 23 people.

It was loud, chaotic and hilarious. We dressed up, had party food, decorations and told jokes and sang.

Set me up for another week in isolation .

etheltbags1 Sat 04-Apr-20 21:09:30

Phone call from my daughter and gd then cuddles with both cats on my knee.

Newquay Sat 04-Apr-20 21:16:27

We’ve had a lovely day celebrating our Golden Wedding-not how we expected it must be said! We had a steady stream of phone calls/FT and the like. Then local DD1 came round, sat-well away-in garden with SIL and dear GC. They brought us a basket of fruit which has now been washed and contents fridged. We had a meal in the Dining Room Restaurant-it wasn’t at all crowded!

Missfoodlove Sat 04-Apr-20 23:28:54

Hearing David Hockney’s words: “ They can’t cancel Spring”

B9exchange Sun 05-Apr-20 10:53:06

Being able to join in the Palm Sunday service streaming from St Albans Cathedral this morning. You can catch it here if interested
www.stalbanscathedral.org/live-streaming-at-st-albans-cathedral

Smileless2012 Sun 05-Apr-20 11:08:48

Congratulations Newquay on your Golden Weddingsmile.

The first thing I do every morning is ask Mr. S. if he's feeling OK and when he says 'yes' my day begins with happiness.

M0nica Sun 05-Apr-20 11:08:51

Newquay Congratulations. I find the catering in the Dining Room restaurant is always to my taste and excellently cooked smile

etheltbags1 Thu 09-Apr-20 21:07:08

Hearing that boris is on the mend

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 09-Apr-20 21:22:50

Sitting in the sunshine with DH, who would normally be working a 10 hour day on the Easter build up. Bit of an Asthma problem at the moment ,but it was a good day and so far the family are all well.

annodomini Thu 09-Apr-20 21:31:09

A long phone chat with DGD1, who has MS and has to be careful, especially in the present situation. It was lovely to be able to talk to her - we have always been close - and pick up on some family gossip. Then there was an even longer phone call from DS1. He rings me while he is taking his daily walk, after he finishes work for the day. As he walks, I can hear his footsteps and he talks me through the walk - through the woods, round the lake and back home. It's almost as good as being with him.

JenniferEccles Thu 09-Apr-20 22:32:57

Well right now just reading that Boris is out of intensive care and back on a general ward.

What brilliant news.