Gransnet forums

Chat

What has made you happy today?

(138 Posts)
Caramac Fri 03-Apr-20 13:23:43

My daughter has just dropped off - at a safe distance- a box of lovely fresh veg from a local firm. I’m really impressed. In it are
1 avocado
4 bananas
1 swede
1 pineapple
2 brown onions
1 red onion
1 orange
2 satsumas
1 red and 1 green pepper
1 red and 1 green apple
1 huge lemon
2limes
1 white cabbage
1 cauliflower
1 leek
1x 500g broccoli
3 salad tomatoes
2 parsnips
1 punnet of strawberries
1 punnet of raspberries
1punnet of red grapes
1 pear and another apple
3 plums
6 medium potatoes
1 lettuce
1 cucumber
The freshness and quality are very good and I am thrilled to have received this box of healthy food. It cost £20 and I’m happy with that.
What has made you happy today?

Lisagran Tue 21-Apr-20 13:29:11

Thanks SirChenjin - comfy too, just been for a long woodland walk smile

SirChenjin Tue 21-Apr-20 08:16:58

They’re lovely! smile

Lisagran Tue 21-Apr-20 07:41:27

As I’m going for a long walk every day, ordered some new trainers from New Look - cheered me up when they arrived smile

M0nica Sat 18-Apr-20 12:45:41

Believe it or not, the rain! The garden was bone dry and weeding was difficult, our soil is clay and as hard as nails so weeding has been really dificult - and last years autumn clear out is still not complete. Meanwhile all the seeds and new plantings await a good natural dowsing.

Now everything is soaked, te earth is soft so getting the last weeds out will be easier and the seeds will start to geminate.

SirChenjin Sat 18-Apr-20 12:04:41

I’m not working (from home, but still tied to my laptop) so Ive got a whole weekend to do what I want with. Bliss!

Sallywally1 Sat 18-Apr-20 09:18:21

Yesterday I was shopping for essentials in Sainsbury and I saw a lovely white duvet cover with embroidered butterflies and lace edging. Ok non essential I suppose but I bought it. It looks lovely and I am sure I had a better nights sleep last night because of it. (My cat likes it too he immediately went to sleep on it with that sense of entitlement that cats have.

MissAdventure Sat 18-Apr-20 00:47:18

Ooh that looks lovely!
Today, one of "my" ladies was very happy, so that made me happy, but coming home made me happier.

Hetty58 Sat 18-Apr-20 00:39:53

A lovely day doing gardening (well, until it rained at 3.30) and a very nice fruit and veg box delivered!

GabriellaG54 Sat 18-Apr-20 00:03:06

Being alive and in good health. Money can't buy those gifts.

Missee Fri 17-Apr-20 22:37:10

Ooh!! What channel are they on? Loved the Bee Gees

Missee Fri 17-Apr-20 22:36:00

I got one yesterday for 25th April. I was ecstatic, had been trying for days

EllanVannin Fri 17-Apr-20 22:34:09

Forgetting everything and watching the Bee Gees in concert for two hours. 9pm-11pm. Fabulous.

Marmight Fri 17-Apr-20 22:18:00

So did I Tanith! Sunday week. I never thought I’d be so excited about a shopping delivery ?

tanith Fri 17-Apr-20 21:59:04

I got a delivery slot for next week ?

Sunlover Fri 17-Apr-20 21:48:40

My daughters partner got down on one knee and slipped a lovely ring on her finger. Thrilled for them.

GabriellaG54 Fri 17-Apr-20 21:44:17

I meant the earlier photo of ducklings EllanVannin ?

Oopsadaisy3 Fri 17-Apr-20 21:25:01

DH has just found a click and collect for us on Sunday, we will be going out for the first time in 5 weeks!
DD has been shopping for us but she is poorly at the moment and is in bed, so we will be able to order for her as well.
We will go with our masks and gloves on .
Exciting and scary in equal measures.

Granny23 Fri 17-Apr-20 21:02:44

Yesterday I got stung by a bee, then had a call from the Care Home to say that DH was very unwell with cellulitis.

Today I phoned to see how DH was and was told he was much better. Doctor had been and prescribed an antibiotic, followed by a visit by District Nurse to bring the antibiotic, give him an injection and take bloods for testing.

Next thing there is a knock at the door and our local Councillor delivered a bag of fruit and veg, courtesy of the Village Community Council. 2 each of bananas, apples and oranges, a cabbage, lump of turnip, and 2 each of onions, potatoes, carrots and a bag of lentils. Also a tin of soup, some macaroni and 6 free range local eggs. All free, donated by local shops, farmers and the community garden.

The Care Home tell me they have been inundated with people leaving flowers, toiletries, chocolates, biscuits, ect. on their doorstep. At Easter they got boxed Easter Eggs, one for each resident and every member of staff. I'm feeling very lucky to live in this community minded village, which also has wonderful walks on our doorstep.

EllanVannin Thu 16-Apr-20 16:39:06

Tiny ? Herons ? They're like pterodactyls if they fly close. grin

GabriellaG54 Thu 16-Apr-20 16:24:23

Ahhh! They are so tiny Lisagran
Great photo ???

Ohmother Thu 16-Apr-20 16:22:56

This fell off my wall today. ?. Is it an omen????

Lisagran Thu 16-Apr-20 16:16:06

Saw a large Heron on our walk by the river - not a very clear photo, but it was lovely to see it flying and landing smile

MissAdventure Thu 16-Apr-20 16:11:57

I just had an unexpected face phone call thingy with my older grandson smile

I mentioned that I missed him, so young one phoned him on a video call! I hadn't even thought I could have done that.

mary51 Thu 16-Apr-20 14:26:15

Finding my glasses this morning outside in the lane that runs between two rows of houses. My husband noticed them on ground about 10 yards from our back gate. I searched house and garden high and low for the past five weeks and had to cancel Specsavers appointment because of virus.

Yesterday a hand crafted thankyou card from 2 year old GC , with help from his mother, thanking us for Duplo given to him well in advance of his birthday last week. Made my day.

LadyGracie Thu 16-Apr-20 14:10:13

Garden centre delivery of compost by a very helpful and friendly man!