Gransnet forums

Chat

Do you watch Gogglebox, who are your favs

(90 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Tue 07-Apr-20 19:45:52

I love the Malones, specially Tom Senior, the faces he pulls crack me up. And love Dave the rottie. It always amazes me the cakes stay on the table with the dogs in there. Also like Stephen and his husband Daniel. Stephen always up for a laugh. Not keen on Giles or Mary, he would drive me crazy,

TrendyNannie6 Fri 10-Apr-20 10:00:03

How could I forget Jennie and Lee yes they are very funny, especially lee when he raises his eyebrow, has me in fits of giggles, the one I don’t really like is that really woman that really shrieks her husband is Pete, thank goodness we don’t see her much her voice goes through me

TrendyNannie6 Fri 10-Apr-20 10:01:12

The woman that really shrieks

Rosebank16 Fri 10-Apr-20 10:17:26

I love Jenny & Lee, especially when Lee mistook her face mask in the fridge for an avacado dip ? My husband likes the two Asian girls, particularly the one usually sitting on the left (I don't know her name, but she comes out with some 'corkers')

Aepgirl Fri 10-Apr-20 10:18:10

Definitely Jenny and Lee, and the Siddiques. My least favourites, and most irritating, are the brother and sister - can’t even recall their names.

I think Giles and Mary are just an odd couple, and they make me laugh.

NotSpaghetti Fri 10-Apr-20 10:19:50

I watch Gogglebox if I notice it's on as it's always genuinely funny whatever else is going on in the world. It's a snapshot of "happy family" life - even if there's squabbling.

Giles and Mary are an odd couple and definitely make me laugh.

The Siddiqiuis are just really genuine straightforward and lively - as well as sharp and well informed so I like them for their wit.

Jenny and Lee are obviously great friends and have that ease with each other which allows them to say really ridiculous things. I think they are great.

murrec Fri 10-Apr-20 10:26:45

I think I must be a bit weird. I love Giles and Mary but find Stephen a complete moron and his partners false laughing drives me up the wall.

Fatarse54 Fri 10-Apr-20 10:28:04

I think Jenny and Lee are wonderful, they have such a laugh together, I would love to meet them. I cannot stand that loud show off silly young man with the Michaels, he always makes feel uncomfortable. Also I can't abide the two lots of sisters, they are annoying as is Giles and Mary,what a weird relationship they have! Love David and Shirley, Mary and Marina, also typical Manchester family, the Malones. But love the fact that they give us a laugh during these difficult times.

Susanjaylibra Fri 10-Apr-20 10:32:13

Tremaine, Twain and Tristan Plummer ❤️❤️❤️

gillyknits Fri 10-Apr-20 10:32:37

I love them all! Best thing on tv. Really look forward to having good laugh on Friday night. A good ending to the week. ?

Bikerhiker Fri 10-Apr-20 10:35:20

Dave and Shirley
Jenny and Lee
Giles and Mary
The Siddiquis

sarahellenwhitney Fri 10-Apr-20 10:37:39

The Saddiques,excuse my spelling, Giles and Mary,Marina and Mary who unlike many other participants in this programme do not find a need for foul language in expressing their opinions .

tiredoldwoman Fri 10-Apr-20 10:38:29

I like them all . Especially when it's Celebrities - Giles Brandreth and Sheila Hancock .

HannahLoisLuke Fri 10-Apr-20 10:43:14

My absolute favourites are the Siddiquis (spelling?) quietly funny and very witty, love them. Don't mind Mary and Giles though how she hasn't strangled him I don't know.
Like Mary and Marina. Lee and Jenny are ok and I like the Welsh couple.
Can't bear the brother and sister from Blackpool wish they'd disappear.
My overall gripe is that almost everybody has gone overboard in their reactions as time goes on. Who really screams and jumps into the air while watching tv? I'm sure the producers have told them to do that but it's just very annoying.
Thank goodness some have resisted.
Oh almost forgot, I like the black family with the dreadlocks too, and the three chaps with names beginning with T.
But please get rid of that brother and sister.

Anyone7 Fri 10-Apr-20 10:44:56

I love this programme and look forward to it every Friday night.
They’re all good in their different ways which is why it’s such a popular show and makes it hard for me to pick a favourite though if pushed, it would probably be Giles and Mary.

Ashcombe Fri 10-Apr-20 10:46:43

I love this programme and most of the participants. On the subject of the cakes and Dave the Rottweiler .... once (a while ago) they showed the room without the family and the cakes were there but soon disappeared when the dogs came in!!

harrysgran Fri 10-Apr-20 10:48:37

Jenny and Lee the Siddiques and I love Mary and Marina not too keen on the brother and sister

Fifemum Fri 10-Apr-20 10:51:10

Jenny and Lee
Mr Malone
Brother and sister

Lindy Fri 10-Apr-20 10:53:39

I love Jenny and Lee. The Malones, the Siddiquis and Giles and Mary.
I don't like Stephen and Daniel, the brother and sister from Blackpool and the two sisters (not the Asian ones).

Tillybelle Fri 10-Apr-20 10:56:47

Definitely the Saddiquis. So witty and when Dad makes a cheeky joke the sons are so shocked! I love them! Wish they lived near me!

CassieJ Giles is lovely! How could you say that? Mary is far too serious and critical for me. I feel sorry for Giles.

Pudding123 Fri 10-Apr-20 10:58:49

I really can't stand this programme,I don't think I am a snob but I find the overuse of the F word highly offensive.I have dipped in and out of this but no more the couple in the caravan and the family from Manchester I find repulsive .

vissos Fri 10-Apr-20 10:59:32

I think Jenny & Lee are my absolute faves. The Nuttys used to be but he's now playing up to the camera a bit too much. Also love the Siddiquis and Malones, Dave & Shirley and, unlike most on here like the brother & sister (she's so dry & he's hilarious - a right wimp!), but can't stand Mary & Marina or the hairdresser - he's played up to the camera from day 1 and obviously thinks he's hilarious.
But still the best thing on TV!

marpau Fri 10-Apr-20 11:18:26

Jenny and Lee and the Malones for facial expressions
The Siddiques for wit

katy1950 Fri 10-Apr-20 11:20:55

The brother and sister from Blackpool are not very nice they have too many nasty comments .love Jenny and Lee and the malone's

BlueSky Fri 10-Apr-20 11:24:07

Jenny and Lee, Giles and Mary, the Siddiquis but really most of them. They are like old friends!

Suzan05 Fri 10-Apr-20 11:26:28

Jenny and Lee are my favourites.