Gransnet forums

Chat

Do you watch Gogglebox, who are your favs

(90 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Tue 07-Apr-20 19:45:52

I love the Malones, specially Tom Senior, the faces he pulls crack me up. And love Dave the rottie. It always amazes me the cakes stay on the table with the dogs in there. Also like Stephen and his husband Daniel. Stephen always up for a laugh. Not keen on Giles or Mary, he would drive me crazy,

jerseygirl Fri 10-Apr-20 18:29:53

I like Stephen but not Daniel, stephen is funnier when he is with his mum Pat. Jenny & Lee- hilarious!! the Malones especially Tom. I like the brother and sister from Blackpool, probably because i'm northern and i get the humour. I also like Tremaine, Twain and Tristan ( a mum with a sense of humour)
I like Mary & Marina and izzie & ellies gorgeous dog!!
Cant stand Mary & Giles, what planet are they on !!!
I miss steph and dom and leon & june bless him!!
We are always watching the old ones on e4.

katie1 Fri 10-Apr-20 19:01:48

I like Jenny and Lee, the Siddiquis, and the Welsh couple best. I really dislike the brother and sister, their language is foul! I quite like the sisters but again their language is foul at times too and the amount of food they have on their plates is huge! I miss Steph and Dom , June and Leon.

jillyJo Fri 10-Apr-20 20:40:14

Love Giles and Mary - so funny!

Love Mrs Michael's knitting - but have never seen any of her finished projects!

Evie64 Fri 10-Apr-20 20:55:59

My favourite programme by a mile. Love all the characters except perhaps that really posh couple in a mahoosive Georgian house in London, can't remember their names. The woman seems like she comes from another planet, and she's just sucked a lemon........

starbird Sat 11-Apr-20 01:58:24

I look forward to Friday night and this programme - my favourites are also the Siddiquis, Jenny and Lee, and also Amira and Iqra - the smaller one has a lovely face and it is good to see that while remaining private and covered apart from their faces, they very much aware of worldly things.
I don’t particularly like Steven, he is sometimes quite unkind to Daniel.

Coolgran65 Sat 11-Apr-20 03:07:48

I like them all the exception s being the posh lady lemon sucker and Steven. Steven is too crude for me. Lemon sucker lady and her dh just are not entertaining..
Love all the others.
Mary grew up in the road next to me. Her accent was nothing like it is now.to

Dottynan Sat 11-Apr-20 07:06:14

I enjoy most of the characters except the foul mouthed brother and sister. I feel in this series they have curbed their language but not their unkind opinions

Maggiemaybe Sat 11-Apr-20 08:22:28

The Siddiquis, Giles and Mary, Jenny and Lee, David and Shirley and the Plummers are my favourites.

Stephen the hairdresser and some others I find too sarcastic, and even cruel at times. Sophie and Pete can be funny, but the same applies to them. Apparently Paul Chuckle is their uncle - I can’t see past the resemblance to Pete now I know that!

Rosiebee Sat 11-Apr-20 09:14:59

Reply to OP - no I don't watch it. It sounds weird, watching people watch tv. I've seen clips and it's not convinced me. I don't think "snob" comes into it as someone mentioned, just sounds strange. Really don't like any sort of reality programme. hmm

bootie41 Sun 12-Apr-20 12:10:18

I love them all,they really cheer me up, especially Dave the do.g

BelindaB Sun 12-Apr-20 14:57:35

I miss so many of the originals, especially Sandy and Sandra, the two black ladies from Brixton. Dom and Steph- brilliant -some of his one-liners still come to mind word for word.

As for Giles and Mary - apparently, she writes a column for the Guardian (why am I not surprised?) and a few years ago, she decided to take Giles to the office Xmas party. As he didn't want to go empty-handed, he obtained numerous Chlamidia testing kits which were free at thier GP's surgery, individually gift-wrapped each one and handed them to all the members of staff at the party.....

They are almost pantomime funny, although I'm just glad I don't have them as neighbours.

Maggiemaybe Sun 12-Apr-20 16:13:16

Mary doesn’t seem very Guardian to me. I’d see her more as a Telegraph girl. Or The Lady.

Maggiemaybe Sun 12-Apr-20 16:16:30

According to Wikipedia she writes an agony column in The Spectator and is an expert on etiquette. Now there’s something we don’t hear much about these days. grin

HannahLoisLuke Mon 13-Apr-20 11:13:31

Ive already posted but having read through all the posts it's reminded me of people I miss.
Where is the family with the German dad and the red sofa, the hippy family with the rainbow coloured clothes, hair and furniture, Sandra and Sandy with their enormous takeaways,
Unlike others I don't miss Leon, although feel sorry about his passing. I thought he was too domineering.
The Michael's home decor is eye watering. I remember the old colour scheme, mostly yellow but this new scheme is a bit of everything.
There are others, good and bad but can't recall them off the top of my head.
I'm missing Mr Siddiqui, I'm guessing he doesn't live in the same house so is in isolation at his own home.