Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Good Friday

(86 Posts)
12Michael Fri 10-Apr-20 06:14:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright and dry here at the moment in Brackley .
No trip to Supermarket today , but will try and do something in my flat during this lockdown .
I got some jersey potatoes and steamed them yesterday , but outside my flat a past tenant grew her own herbs ,and the mint survives , maybe another day.
Hopefully a quiet day but , not stressing out due to it yet , it has not effected me mentally either ,as I look ahead to pleasures to come of getting out and about .
Mick

NannyC2 Fri 10-Apr-20 12:14:08

Good morning Mick.

It is Good Friday today, so I shall be doing what I always do on this day only I can't physically attend church. I shall be watching live streaming of The Passion of Christ at our St Richard's Church in Chichester at 3 pm.

Wonderful if you could link in - God Bless

RiaBrown Fri 10-Apr-20 12:13:04

Good Afternoon and happy good Friday .. a lazy day indoors after inviting my family for dinner last nite I feel exhausted! What are Everyone’s I plans this Easter Weekend! I had to postpone mother’s day with my parent because I had invited my husbands parent for dinner .. I really enjoy gransnet.. I am retired in Tesco after 25 years and feeling lonely and bored at home ? until yesterday I suggested to my kids I would stay at home and look after the grandkids so they can go to school and work .. I fill much more fulfilled nowadays.. stopped smoking and started a fruit ? and vegetable diet..

EllanVannin Fri 10-Apr-20 12:02:58

Susan, sorry to hear about the little chap's plight, he must have been poorly bless him but so glad he was attended to by our wonderful staff. Hope things improve as time goes on, it's such a worry when they're small.
Maybe future appointments will get to the bottom of things so that you can all rest easy as well as Henry of course.
Sending love and best wishes for a speedy recovery. xx

Legs55 Fri 10-Apr-20 11:52:50

Good morning from sunny Devon. My Good Friday will be spent as I normally do, the whole Easter weekend in fact, staying at home. Normally this is to avoid the crowds heading for Dartmoor but this year just because I can potter around my garden obeying the Government guidelines

Kalu Fri 10-Apr-20 11:23:14

Good morning from, if not sunny at least it is a brighter day in Glasgow and dry.

Those jersey royals sound delicious Mick. I have no idea whether our favourite Ayrshire potatoes will be available this year. Very popular annual crop is something many of us in Scotland enjoy. Served in the skin with butter. Very moreish.

I looked at the mountain of ironing yesterday, I looked again this morning and it’s still there? suppose I better do something about at least taking the top off the mountain. I loathe ironing but needs must at the moment.

Have the best day you can everyone.

BladeAnnie Fri 10-Apr-20 11:21:15

Good Morning all from a sunny ? mid-Notts. DD has just been to collect some shopping I ordered online which she had been unable to get. So left out under the porch and spoke to her from our upstairs terrace - so missing all my girls ? . Same for everyone I know and it's so important that we stay safe. So sorry to hear about your friend Marydoll. DoraMarr - wishing you a happy birthday . Stay safe everyone and may Good Friday be kind to us all x

mrswoo Fri 10-Apr-20 11:15:48

Good Morning from Newcastle where it's starting to brighten up.
We heard on the grapevine yesterday that a local green grocer was doing home deliveries. As we were down to one "foosty" (hope I've spelt that right*Marydoll*) banana we phoned in an order and wait with mounting excitement for the delivery. At least it's taking my mind off the fact our ancient boiler is on its last legs and the only way we can get hot water is to have the central heating on.
Have a very happy birthday Doramarr and enjoy your walk in the park (Cannon Hill? Brings back memories of the Tulip Festival that was held there every Easter when I was a child growing up nearby)
?
I hope everyone has the best day possible. Keep safe, keep cheerful.?

Annapops Fri 10-Apr-20 11:11:45

Lovely pictures Urmstongran. X

Annapops Fri 10-Apr-20 11:10:18

Wishing for the sun to shine here in County Durham this morning.
Happy birthday to you Doramarr. I hope you enjoy your day.
So sad to hear about your friend Marydoll. Let's hope she makes a good recovery. And to Gilly, I am so pleased your hob is now fixed and you can at least enjoy cooking without the stress of it being disconnected.
I'm hoping to get into the garden later to plant some seeds that arrived yesterday, but just want it to warm up a little out there.
We have our fish and chip evening meal ordered for 6 o'clock-don't normally do take aways. My daughter suggested a local fish and chip shop was doing deliveries for Good Friday and I couldn't resist. What a treat!
Other than that a quiet day with "Wolf Hall" on the agenda as reading material.
Have the best day you can everyone.

Urmstongran Fri 10-Apr-20 11:02:21

What a worry for you and your family yesterday Susan56. I’m glad to hear Henry was so well attended by the NHS and I hope he thrives from here on.

Many happy returns of the day to you DoraMarr enjoy those flower beds they sound very pretty! ???

And welcome to you Delene ? it’s lovely to see newbies on here.

Where’s Gabriella and Maw??
And Hetty?

dragonfly46 Fri 10-Apr-20 10:58:56

Happy Birthday Doramarr ??

Curlywhirly Fri 10-Apr-20 10:55:15

Lovely pictures Urmstongran at least you are on lockdown in a nice place! DoraMarr Happy Birthday thanks pity you aren't in San Sebastian though, we have been there a couple of times, what a gorgeous place, and the pinchos/tapas are to die for ???
Marydoll so sorry to hear that your friend has been admitted to hospital suffering from the virus, it's very scary when it happens so close to home; but presume eventually, most of us will know someone who catches it.
Susan56 so sorry to hear little Henry is poorly again, hope he improves soon.

Megs36 Fri 10-Apr-20 10:54:43

Susan, hope alls well with your husband, had same experience with mine four weeks ago, but finished with weeks isolation in hospital, glad to get home and recovering at home, CV test negative so try not to worry too much.

NemosMum Fri 10-Apr-20 10:52:05

Well it all bright and beautiful in Newcastle now after a dull start! My little amelanchier tree is in full blossom and all the trees in the street are starting to come into leaf. I'm looking forward to planting some violas I had delivered from a local nursery. As long as the weather stays warm, I will sit on my front bench and talk to neighbours similarly ensconced in their own gardens. It's good taking pleasure in the things that seem so unimportant at other times when you're dashing around. Now we realise how important they are!

Nortsat Fri 10-Apr-20 10:49:46

Good morning Mick (jersey royals mmm!) and the GM team.
Happy birthday DoraMarr, wishing you good health and good things in the coming year.

Chocolate and salted caramel hot cross buns for us today (I know, I know) and lunch in the garden.

Good thoughts to those in Sick Bay and any wobblers.
Have a pleasant day all and ‘Let’s be careful out there’. ?

Taichinan Fri 10-Apr-20 10:34:25

Good morning everyone from a grey cloudy Angus coast. It is beginning to brighten a little, but the hills have disappeared into the haze. Or maybe I've been "beamed up" and transported to Holland? Exciting day today as I have both a Tesco delivery and the weekly delivery of my Mindful Chef box - both in the same one-hour timeslot! I can hardly contain myself! Popped in very late yesterday to say that my great-niece who had the virus is now back at work and recovered. Great relief. And Boris too is recovering.
That's the sort of news we need.
Lots of chats and on-line banter yesterday which makes me feel still connected to the world. It should have been our annual Tai chi on the beach yesterday - or as my late partner called it, our "Taidal Wave"! It would have been a perfect day for it as well - no wind and the tide out. We've been doing it for nine years now and there's many a tale to tell. Let's say weather and tide have never stopped us! Enjoy all your lovely sunny weather, people in Englandshire. It won't feel like Easter I suppose but never mind - we have Christmas to look forward to, and how we'll celebrate! Take care one and all ???

Scentia Fri 10-Apr-20 10:31:45

A very late good morning from East Staffordshire. A lovely day out there.
I have just returned from a bike ride with the pooch, I took the cycle path along the canal, it takes me through the poorest part of town and through the homeless hang out. No isolating here in the homeless area, as usual the poorest amongst us are getting the worst of everything. ? I am going to try and get some hand sanitizer for when I pass next time as when I asked if they were being looked after by anyone they seemed very pleased that they were getting plenty of food but they were shaking hands and said they didn’t have any sanitizer. I didn’t want to shake a guys hand when he wanted to say thanks for stopping to talk to them, so I explained that my family are very vulnerable and I best not touch anyone and neither should he want to touch me as I could have the virus, he just smiled and shrugged his shoulders. No wonder our town is one of the highest number of cases in the midlands.
Take care everyone and stay safe today ❤️

farview Fri 10-Apr-20 10:30:37

Susan56..glad that little Henry is being treated and thankfully back at home...?

Delene100 Fri 10-Apr-20 10:27:05

Morning everyone from Ashford, Kent. Wishing you all a good Friday

Barmeyoldbat Fri 10-Apr-20 10:26:04

Good morning everyone really bright and sunny here in N Somerset. I was down at Sainsbury doing my weekly shop for myself and my son and for once it was lovely being over 70, hardly had to wait. Now I am going to go out on my bike for a ride and then do the garden. No good wasting all this vit D

NannyJan53 Fri 10-Apr-20 10:24:55

Happy Birthday DoraMarr wine cupcake flowers

When this is over I must arrange a Birmingham meet!

winifred01 Fri 10-Apr-20 10:17:19

Good morning Mick glad you are being positive. I am fortunate to live in Buckingham ,one of the market towns you visit . The town is quiet no coffee shops open but ducks on the river all looks beautiful
Hope it won't be long before you return

Mapleleaf Fri 10-Apr-20 10:03:46

Good morning all,

The sun has now broken through, and although still chilly, it looks as if we are in for a lovely day.

When I've posted this, I must clean the outside of the windows ( well, the ones I can reach, that is). They are a disgrace! ?

DH managed to get a lamb joint from our local butcher yesterday, so that's in the fridge now ready for Sunday. He came back with a few other bits, too, so we are sorted for the weekend now.

One of the shelves in the garage decided to fall off the wall yesterday, so DH is busy now sorting it out. He decided it would need brackets but didn't think he had any but after a hunt in the shed and he found some just the size he needed.

A strange Good Friday indeed, but we will all have to make the best of it. Our vicar sent a stations of the cross service via zoom yesterday for us to follow today.

Let's hope people are sensible and don't attempt to take themselves off to the coast or countryside as that will result in an even longer lockdown.

Take care all, and keep safe. ?

Beechnut Fri 10-Apr-20 09:42:52

Happy Birthday DoraMarr. Enjoy your cake and pampering ??

harrigran Fri 10-Apr-20 09:41:31

Good morning from the NE where it is starting to brighten up.
DH went to collect prescriptions at a small local chemist, very organised with one person allowed in at a time. Prescriptions were placed on a tray and slid under perspex screen for DH to pick up. The shop window had notices stuck to it saying don't ask for masks or sanitiser as they were not available.
The queues for Morrisons were right round the car park yesterday and people seemed happy to stand there, not for us though.
Happy Birthday DoraMarr.
Have the best day you can and let's hope we have a sunny day.