Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Good Friday

(85 Posts)
12Michael Fri 10-Apr-20 06:14:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright and dry here at the moment in Brackley .
No trip to Supermarket today , but will try and do something in my flat during this lockdown .
I got some jersey potatoes and steamed them yesterday , but outside my flat a past tenant grew her own herbs ,and the mint survives , maybe another day.
Hopefully a quiet day but , not stressing out due to it yet , it has not effected me mentally either ,as I look ahead to pleasures to come of getting out and about .
Mick

Doorstop Fri 10-Apr-20 06:25:32

Good morning Mick and everyone,
Birds singing here in Hertfordshire. Painting the stair walls today. Garden looks a bit bland, wish I had green fingers! Missing my DD and GD a lot.
Kind thoughts to you all.

grandMattie Fri 10-Apr-20 06:27:30

Morning everyone. Glorious day again in E Kent.
Feeling sad to miss all church services today, Good Friday.
Hope you keep well and safe.

NotAGran55 Fri 10-Apr-20 06:45:05

Good morning all from a lovely bright morning here in West Berkshire .

The birds are singing but I will have to wait for my son to identify which ones they from his bird song app .

More of the same today I guess . A walk before it gets too warm , bake something yummy , put something in order ! Yesterday it was my travel books 📚 organised by country . I have my very own Waterstones now , resisting the urge to label the shelves .

Mick your Jersey Royals sounds delicious. Why don’t you come and join us here on this thread and talk about food - almost as good as eating it .

www.gransnet.com/forums/food/1276486-Recommended-a-recipe-inspired-by-what-you-have-in-stock

Take care and keep safe . We will get through this x

GrannyGravy13 Fri 10-Apr-20 06:45:44

Goodmorning Mick and all x

It is forecast to be a marvellous day here in S E Essex, so we shall spend the day in the garden. We are fortunate that we have DD and 2 GC isolating with us, so no doubt it will be lots of splashing and water for the 5 yr old and lots of cuddles with the 3 month old. I do miss our other AC and GC so much we see them on FaceTime etc but it's not the same as a physical hug.

Keep safe and well folks x

Beechnut Fri 10-Apr-20 06:48:30

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it is dry with a sunny day forecast.

I saw a long queue at the store yesterday so I came home and will attempt it tomorrow.

More pottering and garden work on the agenda for later and will put up my summer curtains in the dining room. I want to reposition a trough. That will be a heavy shoving and puffing job.

Enjoy the day, stay safe and if you have hot cross buns don’t eat too many 💐

grannysyb Fri 10-Apr-20 07:07:37

Good morning, looks like it's going to be a lovely day. Going to butcher early to get a chicken, then to allotment as we will have to water. Have a good day everyone.

aggie Fri 10-Apr-20 07:07:56

Good Morning all , it is misty and dull , let’s hope it clears , the spring flowers are so pretty this year
We are to have a family Quiz this evening . I have no idea how it will work as I am here on my own and have never tried Zoom before

ninathenana Fri 10-Apr-20 07:13:45

Good morning
Another sunshine day in Kent.
More of the same, cleaning, tidying, TV, reading.....
DD was off yesterday so had rather a long video call with her. The GC put in an appearance now and then.
Have a good day everyone

NanKate Fri 10-Apr-20 07:19:49

Good Morning Mick. And All on this Good Friday.

An apricot coloured sky in South Bucks.

Usually on Good Friday their is a small parade through the High Street and down to the riverside park where a Service is held. I shall miss that and the cup of good strong coffee we have afterwards. Like many of us I miss the life we used to have.

We will have plaice and chips tonight.

Hope you have managed to sleep Mary after the loss of your friend to the CV and another being ill. What a cruel disease. 💐

Curlywhirly Fri 10-Apr-20 07:23:00

Good morning from a not bright yet Cheshire. Yesterday was another lovely sunny day, but a little cooler than the day before, but today's forecast is good. Himself is working from home, but not today as it's a Bank Holiday, so I am hoping I can persuade him to do some of the heavier jobs in the garden that I can't manage.

Our DIL sent us a lovely video of the grandchildren and what they have been getting up to, she's very talented, it's set to music and very professional. A snapshot of life during these strange times that we can all look back on.

Our youngest son did some shopping for me, as I have started to feel uncomfortable about doing it myself, but now I feel uncomfortable about him putting himself at risk on my behalf, you never stop being a Mum do you? Here's hoping you all get lots of sunshine today, take care.

BlueSapphire Fri 10-Apr-20 07:39:46

Good morning all from a bright and dry Northampton. Forecast is good for today, so it will be shorts on again and out in the garden.

No other plans, just to do the usual exercises and ballet and try to get on with my book. Oh, I need to finish the grass edging, and clean the shears again, as I found some WD40 yesterday in the garage. Wondering if there is a Good Friday service on tv. I remember when I was a little girl all the shops were shut and most people went to church. I was shocked when I came to live here that everything stayed open and the town was heaving! Now it's like the old days again with most shops shut, but no-one going to church.

DDil will drop by to pick up the DGDs' Easter Eggs, and also a tent that we bought a couple of years ago for the girls, and has never been out of the box. Must remember to put everything into the front porch.

Home-made curry for tea tonight thawing out in the fridge.

Hope the day is as good as can be for us.

kittylester Fri 10-Apr-20 07:41:18

Morning all from a brightening North Leicestershire.

I have ironing up to the ceiling so will work my way through that after I have rung my friend. I've not heard from her for a couple of days so hope she is ok.

The village 'clap' was good and loud last night. I think it's a uniting thing for those of us who clap and a chance to talk to our neighbours as well as showing our appreciation for front line staff.

Stay safe everyone.

Sar53 Fri 10-Apr-20 07:42:38

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea. A beautiful day again.
Not much on the cards today, a walk later, some more of my patchwork, a new book to start and some tv to catch up with.
Will probably chat to my daughters, they were both meant to be away this weekend. Looking forward to seeing them and my granddaughters when all this is over.
Have the best day you can and stay safe everyone xx

NfkDumpling Fri 10-Apr-20 07:47:27

Morning All

A bit grey here in the north of Norfolk. Perfect weather for sorting and spreading the compost heap. We had two heaps at our old house and it made life a lot easier, but no room here.

Our first Tesco order came last evening nicely on time with everything except white bread flour. I feel much more secure now, all supplied up.

Have a good day Everyone.

dragonfly46 Fri 10-Apr-20 07:47:47

Good morning from misty Leicestershire.

DS rang for a long chat at lunchtime yesterday.
Then had a lovely evening. First saw my DD and SiL on Zoom. Thursday night is their date night so they still dress up and make an occasion of it.
Went out to clap and chatted to our neighbour who I haven’t seen much of recently.
Then had an NWR quiz which took up the rest of the evening.

Not sure of plans for today.

Stay safe everyone.

Txquiltz Fri 10-Apr-20 07:53:47

Good morning. Today will have intermittent clouds, but no rain. I am starting an appliqué project for my DIL...hope to have it ready for Christmas. It is a large owl (her favorite bird) sitting in a tree with a very complex field in the background. A bit fiddly.

Grammaretto Fri 10-Apr-20 07:53:57

Good morning Mick and all from the Scottish Borders where we have the haar today.
Enjoy your quiz Aggie . I used zoom for the first time some weeks ago and it's very straightforward. If you can use a computer, you'll be fine.
I made hot x buns yesterday so we'll be having those for breakfast lunch and tea

People have been so kind to us prisoners. I wish I knew how to thank them.
I hope everyone has a good day as they can.

farview Fri 10-Apr-20 07:54:20

Good morning everyone, it's a surreal world just now..Dd in Dubai just sent pics of my two little gc..am all teary now...weather looking good..normal Good Friday would be thousands of people doing the hike to beautiful Rivington Pike which isn't far from my house...but of course..not today...love to all of you,peace of mind wished also to those troubled 🌻🌻

12Michael Fri 10-Apr-20 07:56:34

The reason for the Jersey Royals , in the past on Good Friday , being brought up , this day was always observed with Cod in parsley sauce ,mash and peas .
Unable to see any ready made packages in the supermarket , there was freezer packs of cod in parsley sauce,
I have peas , steamed the Jerseys for 20 minutes or so will have these cold with above later , regret not cutting some mint, washing it and putting it in the steamer with the jerseys .
On another although its a bank holiday the manager as turned up , she also on Easter Monday which may upset some residents , thinking it opens opportunity's in breaking the current lockdown.
Mick

brook2704 Fri 10-Apr-20 07:57:20

Good morning Mick and all from a bright dry Inverness

We joined lots of our neighbours for the clapping last night - well I say clapping but it included car horns, bagpipes, spoons and pans and even a dinner gong ! 😂 we’re a strange bunch up here !

Another day the same for me, missing my DGC so much especially this weekend as I remember the Easter egg hunts we usually do in the garden. But I’m looking forward to seeing them as soon as we’re allowed, my eldest DGS who’s 6 said he wanted to stay over for a whole year next time he visits - awwwwww ❤️

Hope everyone has the best day they can and stay safe if you’re going out 💐

Nannytopsy Fri 10-Apr-20 07:57:49

Good morning Mick and all his followers. It’s looking like another fine day in Suffolk.
Yes, as others have said, a Good Friday without church. Do you remember when you could only get hot cross buns on Good Friday? Such a treat, which I always looked forward to. Now they seem to be in the shops almost all year round.
Have a good day everyone.

CherryCezzy Fri 10-Apr-20 07:57:52

Good morning everyone. A bright start to Good Friday here in the Gower.
Curlywhirly that sounds a lovely from your DIL, a gift to treasure.
I've been listening to the sparrows. I only really noticed yesterday that their chirrups in the morning have a rhythm like the tick of a clock. It's pretty amazing when you think about it.
Our garden is looking fabulous thanks to my WP. Everywhere life is blossoming and blooming. The array of colours this Spring is like a beautiful rainbow. He has really excelled. I think I'll sit out in the back garden today and soak it all in, take some photos and plan out the best sketch.
We'll have some salmon, greens and new potatoes today for supper.
Stay safe and be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

brook2704 Fri 10-Apr-20 07:59:18

Enjoy your dinner later Mick 😀

GrannySomerset Fri 10-Apr-20 08:04:12

Just off to join the oldies’ queue at Tesco on my weekly outing. DH would wish to come but is staying in bed till I get back. So one way and another that is my morning spoken for.

Local nursery delivered some plants and compost yesterday so I will have a lovely afternoon. It doesn’t feel like Good Friday, though, and I am struggling to stay positive. Think we over 70s may be in lockdown for quite a while longer, given that on the whole we do less well with the dreaded virus.

Hope we all have the best day we can.