Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(97 Posts)
12Michael Tue 14-Apr-20 06:11:31

Good Morning Everyone,
I am greeted to a dry day but a clear sky here in Brackley.
Today, do a little bit more spring cleaning ,as that fits the tasks well.
Watch BBC breakfast , then the daily Kitchen, .
I saw a Facebook posting yesterday, from a person I knew in the RAF in 70`s , he at his retirement home was admitted to Hospital in Middlesborough with the virus , but had not posted for a week , now recovering from it.
Mick

Grannmarie Tue 14-Apr-20 15:40:29

Cheers, Kalu, ?!

CaroleAnne Tue 14-Apr-20 14:27:01

Good afternoon Mick and everyone. What beautiful weather we are experiencing at present. It is so good to feel the sun.
KITTY. Thank you so much for your recommendation for deliveries of fresh vegetables. I will certainly be placing my order. I hope that you manage to get some milk.
I hope that you all enjoy the remains of the day. Keep safe. Carole.

Kalu Tue 14-Apr-20 14:15:50

? Grammaretto and I thought I was the only one who had lost the plot! Oh goodness, yes, our meet up in January seems so very long ago.

If you want to iron your patio Grannmarie, whatever gets you through the day? No judging from me.

What a bargain Gabriella?? it looks brand new. Have many decadent days ahead lounging on your sofa. Bliss.

GabriellaG54 Tue 14-Apr-20 13:34:13

Photos of my £30 'find'.
Now looking forward to snoozes in the sun. ☀️☀️☀️

CherryCezzy Tue 14-Apr-20 13:21:45

Good afternoon everyone. A bright day here in the Gower.
I haven't read anyone's postings this morning blush.
I have noticed a couple of newbies so welcome to Gransnet CC90 and TopsyIrene ? and any other newbies I might have missed.
SorryGrammaretto can't help you there as I'm busy looking for my own get up and go?
My epilepsy support groups' so called light-hearted Q&A is actually getting harder by the day ? ?. Mr Google is working flat out!
Cleaned the upstairs bathroom this morning and planned to clean all the skirting boards but I'm sat here with a cup of rejuvenating coffee instead. I think I need to set up a treasure hunt to search for that get up and go but it seems like too much hard work to do it hmm
Hope everyone is okay, take care everyone. ? for all who need it.

GabriellaG54 Tue 14-Apr-20 13:18:29

Oops! Welcome to all newbies ? and for all those hovering...come on in, the water's fine ??

GabriellaG54 Tue 14-Apr-20 13:14:17

Another day in paradise...well, not quite.
The trees were displaying their finery this morning. Such amazing shades of green enhanced by glorious swathes of yellow daffodils which have been planted along borders and kerbsides along my usual run, seeming to multiply year on year.
A clear blue sky and gentle breeze today, nature reminding us that some things never change and there is always the surety of the seasons to look forward to.
Hope springs eternal, I think that's the phrase.
Again, not much to report.
I have still not needed to buy loo roll or soap/sanitiser but I'm drinking a lot of juice. Latest favourite is Corolla (sp) cloudy apple and a friend managed to buy me 12 Burford brown eggs at Waitrose.
Dinner tonight might be tuna salad, got to be skipjack steak tinned in sunflower oil, pref Sainsbury's.
It's come to something when food is the highlight of the day.
I saw a lovely rattan sofa with cushions for sale on Nextdoor, only £30. A great buy for the courtyard...if it's still available.
Here's hoping all GNers find something to smile about today, to lift the spirits and help them through the next week and beyond.
I send you all my best wishes, take care. ????

Grannmarie Tue 14-Apr-20 13:13:12

Grammaretto, that made me laugh out loud?.

It's not that warm outside, so I'll just iron inside, watching A Place in the Sun, nice distraction.

Welcome, CC90.

Grammaretto Tue 14-Apr-20 12:52:26

Grannmarie
I just read that you were about to iron the patio and though OMG has it come to this!
Luckily it was my eyesight struggling.

Welcome TopsyIrene!!
I can recommend the Glasgow grans. I joined them in January.
It seems a lifetime ago.

My get up and go is also missing so if you find it please post it here. Thanks.

Kalu Tue 14-Apr-20 12:52:16

A warm welcome CC90. Pleased you also took the plunge and now you will be yet another friend to join in with us? Look forward to hearing from you.

CC90 Tue 14-Apr-20 12:35:23

Another newbie ! I’ve been reading posts for such a long time though that I feel some of you are old friends already . Good afternoon from a cold , but sunny N E coast

Largolass Tue 14-Apr-20 12:26:29

Welcome TopsyIrene I'm another weegie but now live in Fife enjoy GN

BlueSapphire Tue 14-Apr-20 12:22:15

Scentia, one of my ears is like that - I have tinnitus in the left one, but the right one feels blocked up, might be wax.

dragonfly46 Tue 14-Apr-20 12:01:52

A good day for you Mary.

Marydoll Tue 14-Apr-20 11:58:50

My morning has just got even better. DD sent me a text to look out into the back garden. My future SIL had deposited two huge bags of compost, so that I could get my planting on the go.
He had been called out to an IT emergency at work, happened to be passing B&Q, saw it was open and ran in and grabbed the bags.
Now you know, why I was so desperate for my DD's wedding to go ahead.
He is a keeper and I love him like a son.

A few minutes later, DIL arrived with essentials and DGD was sitting in the back of the car. My cup runneth over!
Four year old DGD asked when the bad germs would go away, as she was coming for a sleepover for a week, ( I haven't missed her that much) to watch Frozen 2, and bringing three pain au chocolat for a party! grin.
Oh how I miss that we girl. sad

Megs36 Tue 14-Apr-20 11:54:45

So wish we could walk out for a few minutes, not been out for four weeks now, husband complete lockdown so me too. We will keep to the rules.Luckily got a tiny garden and the sun is shining still. Actually had a long chat with the post lady across the drive this morning which was nice, at the risk if being ultra whingy , got to say that’s the first ‘face to face’ I’ve had in the same time too, thank heavens for the phone and internet

Taichinan Tue 14-Apr-20 11:51:47

I'm now looking for mine in a teacup Oldbutstilluseful but I'm not sure it's there either ??. I'm thinking - only thinking, mind - of changing the furniture around in the Garden Room (that's what the Planners call my conservatory-with-a-tiled-roof). Thank you for your kind comment Kalu about DD. She quite obviously takes after her late dad! Now I'm off to flex my furniture-shifting muscles ?️. Have a good day ?

Curlywhirly Tue 14-Apr-20 11:47:25

A big welcome to Evie64, Oldbutstilluseful and TopsyIrene thanks

NfkDumpling Tue 14-Apr-20 11:42:40

Morning All (just)

It's still cold and overcast here in the north of Norfolk and all my get up and go has gone and went. It must be the weather. I spent the morning finishing my book (Lucy Worsley's Queen Victoria).

The RAF or USAF have evidently decided the quiet is too quiet and are practicing manoeuvres loudly overhead. I shall put the radio on and stir myself into activity. Bread making perhaps.

Oldbutstilluseful Tue 14-Apr-20 11:20:12

Thank you for all the lovely welcomes and flowers. I’m also trying to find my get up and go. Think I’ll go and have a look in the coffee jar ☕️

Grannmarie Tue 14-Apr-20 11:18:57

Good morning, Mick, and all GM posters old and new.

Welcome, Evie64, Oldbutstilluseful and TopsyIrene.

I haven't posted for a wee while, but enjoy reading every day, especially now I'm like Macaulay Culkin, Home Alone !

Bright but cool in Lanarkshire, if it warms up I might just iron outside on the patio, yesterday's washing dried well outside.

Some mornings I say to myself,

I think I'll have a day in the house,

as if it's my choice, not the current state of affairs!

Best wishes to all, stay safe.

optimist Tue 14-Apr-20 11:05:41

I urge you all to checkout a website called "View from my window" it is fascinating. armchair travel. Friendly people from all over the world with such diverse views. I am addicted.

Legs55 Tue 14-Apr-20 11:03:13

Good morning all from sunny?? Devon, quite a bit of cloud but sun keeps peeping through, I haven't ventured outside yet but will have to soon to retrieve my bin & recycling boxes (Good Friday should have been our collection day!!!).

Not sure what I'm going to do today, could start painting bedroom or go out in garden & do some weeding ready for more fence painting. Washing on, housework waitingblush, ironing hmm or maybe a brew whilst I work out a plan of actiongrin.

Stay safe all, love reading what every-one is doing to keep busy

QuaintIrene Tue 14-Apr-20 11:00:42

Good morning everyone from sunny West Yorkshire.
Welcome to new friends as well.
I have been a bit low alately but it’s passing, thankfully.
Big cat is enjoying the sunshine. Not a care in the world !
The corner shop has been closed for nearly two weeks. Not due to illness but low takings according to my friend with the dog. It’s made things very difficult for a lot of people who apparently are determined never to use the shop again when sanctions are lifted. Local drama !
I am reading again and after a trip to buy veg and bread will settle down later on.
Take the best care everyone ?

Urmstongran Tue 14-Apr-20 10:57:58

Welcome to the gang TopsyIrene ? lovely to have you join us!

You too Oldbutstilluseful (love the user name!) ?