Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(94 Posts)
12Michael Thu 16-Apr-20 06:13:07

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking like a start of another warm day here in Brackley this morning.
Today, will be a walk, then come back.
Yesterday, I got some Jersey Royals , and the price is starting to fall £3 for 500 gram packet now £2.
Tring to be as constructive as I can with meals so Friday will see steamer in use , Pots plus mint, at one level , and fish in Parsley on another with peas do for about 20 minutes , for healthy meal, those pots will also be eaten cold later.
Mick

Elizabeth1 Fri 17-Apr-20 08:41:15

Good morning everyone from a sunny start to the day in Fife here’s hoping the heat come along with it our bedding plants are dying to take a better hold after these past few cold nights. I’m looking forward to seeing the plants flower. The gardens going to look beautiful this summer my dh is keeping sane by doing daily gardening work he’s loving it. I got a laugh this morning when our cousin says his wife is getting a tan from the fridge light when doing her daily grazing I’ve said my dh has a tan from using the cooker Keep safe everyone have a good day.

farview Thu 16-Apr-20 19:00:56

NotAGran..Sorry I dont...my grandchildren love to play in and on them though...

NotAGran55 Thu 16-Apr-20 18:36:54

Farview I’m intrigued by the structure - do you know anything about them ?

Susan56 Thu 16-Apr-20 18:22:38

Glad you’re feeling better Cherry.We’re ok.Henry had a bad reaction earlier but his medication sorted it.Going to be one step forward and two steps back I think.x

Elizabeth1 Thu 16-Apr-20 18:16:21

Thank you so much Marydoll I’m now beginning to have really good days . I have up and down days and stroke fatigue is a big bug bearer however I’m improving every day and recovering my confidence it’s really really lovely to feel good which is much appreciated. smile

farview Thu 16-Apr-20 17:53:35

Lovely photo of the woods NotAGran55..in the woods at Rivington near my house..we often see structures like that...I think they're lovely!

CherryCezzy Thu 16-Apr-20 17:36:09

Thanks for inquiring Susan, so far so good since my seizure yesterday morning ?. You sound a bit brighter, hope you and yours are okay too. ❤️

Susan56 Thu 16-Apr-20 17:27:12

Cherry and gilly,hope you are both ok?

dragonfly46 Thu 16-Apr-20 15:33:36

Yes thank you Scentia. Dexter hates anything like this - ear cleaning etc. I managed to get the pain killer down his throat though but he cannot open his eye so the drops are difficult. I hopefully got one in this morning so will try again when he wakes up. He was awake most of the night so letting him sleep now. He doesn't like treats so that makes it difficult.

Scentia Thu 16-Apr-20 15:28:46

That spelling is atrocious!

Scentia Thu 16-Apr-20 15:26:20

Dragonfly. Don’t muzzle a dog that isn’t used to being muzzled.

I am putting drops in my doggies eye at the moment. BI let her sniff the drops then gave her a treat all day in the first day then it takes two of us to do it. 2 holds the head the other put the props in. If you are on your own then lift the lid and drop it in as quick as you can.

Kalu Thu 16-Apr-20 15:09:16

Don’t know how you would feel about muzzling him, for your own safety. Worth a try.

Kalu Thu 16-Apr-20 15:07:25

Goodness knows how you will get around tending to his eye Dragonfly. It’s exasperating as you know it is for his own good. Maybe ring the vet again for some advice/stronger painkillers? Poor dog.

Very good news your DD feeling better today. Thank goodness!

Feelingmyage55 Thu 16-Apr-20 13:39:20

Here is am at the tail end as usual. Got up early to take my meds, went back to bed and fell asleep. Very odd but I did have a very, very late night back on Monday staying up to try and nab a delivery slot then composing the order till about 3 am so I suppose that explains it. I am just loving Captain Tom. The richest man in the UK was being praised for donating 12.5 million pounds out of his billions and Captain Tom will exceed that trotting up and down his garden. He is adorable.

Jan16 Thu 16-Apr-20 13:25:08

Blue Sapphire. Have you got a smart meter? Ours
suddenly started letting out a piercing shriek. Looked on the internet for answers but didn’t get very far!

dragonfly46 Thu 16-Apr-20 12:43:50

Well the eye drops are not going down well - to say the least. He is the most docile dog imaginable but he nearly bit my hand off this morning. He is in so much pain.

Fortunately my DD is feeling better this morning so the worry about Corona has receded.

Urmston it is amazing how exciting a good shop for food is these days. I used to hate it regarding it as a chore but now I can't wait when I am lucky enough to have a delivery.
I also tend to buy for all my friends who cannot get deliveries also so it takes sometime to sort it out, sterilise it and put it away.

EllanVannin Thu 16-Apr-20 12:33:32

Good Morning All x----just !
Couldn't get for going this morning. I had just had my breakfast and was about to have a wash when telephone engineers were around.
Of course they wanted to get round the property so because it entailed going outside I then had to rush myself getting washed and dressed. Mission accomplished so I let them get on.

Normally they'd have come through the house and out of the patio doors but in this climate it wasn't wise . I think they're testing the phones in the area, then on receiving a note attached to my Telephone bill saying due to Covid-19 we have a reduced support team so call waiting times could be longer, that some may have been having problems.

Another beautiful day anyway and I've been looking around for washing to do----anything at all as it's a shame to waste this lovely weather when you've nothing to hang out grin

D had ordered a small skip for today, so she'll be hard at it with the help of the children. I wish I'd been near enough to off-load some of my rubbish from the little shed.

Mick's great idea of the steamer. Mine's been in the cupboard for years but will be out today for the new pots and cauli that I'll have with Welsh belly pork, which I'll roast.
Only for Mick I'd have forgotten it was there and it's so handy really as you don't need to keep an eye on what you've got on the hob. Brilliant. Tomorrow too for the fish.

That poor dog, Dragonfly I hope you can manage things. It's worrying looking after an animal when it's not yours. I know this when my mum used to look after brother's rabbit when they went away. Mum used to get in a terrible state in case anything went wrong. It was one of those with long floppy ears.

Well done Susan, on your crumpets. I've got two left sad A bit late in the day to hope there are any left in my local shop. I could be lucky, you never know.

Hope everyone's still fit and well. Stay safe xx

Kalu Thu 16-Apr-20 12:02:38

Glad you solved it BlueSapphire. ?

CherryCezzy Thu 16-Apr-20 11:58:04

Good morning everyone(just) from a cloudy Gower. I've been trying to post on several threads but no joy. Hope this one goes through...
Just this short? in case it goes ? shaped.
Take care and stay safe everyone ❤️

hulahoop Thu 16-Apr-20 11:35:11

Good morning from w/Yorks it's a lovely morning here your poor daughter grandmasue it must be terrible when colleagues pass away . Usual day today washing on line floors washed may sit in sunshine later stay safe everyone.

Annaram1 Thu 16-Apr-20 11:15:29

Scentia, try putting a finger in your ears for about 5 minutes, both at the same time. This may work. It also works for ringing in the ears, I find.

BlueSapphire Thu 16-Apr-20 11:05:55

Mystery noise solved! It was the laptop after all telling me it wanted to reboot, so have pressed the appropriate button.

Taichinan Thu 16-Apr-20 11:04:49

Bluesapphire do you have a ceramic topped cooker? Like you I have sometimes searched high and low for the source of an intermittent pinging to discover that something has been placed over the touch controls.

Legs55 Thu 16-Apr-20 11:04:16

Good morning from sunny Devon, must get out in the garden today & do some more fence painting as the forecast is rain tonight & over the weekend.

Dinner is ready for tonight so no problem there.

Nearly finished my newspaper ready to pass on to my neighbour, done crosswords & sudoku so no excuse not to get on, just no enthusiasm, I could just sit in the gardenhmm.

Have a good day all

BladeAnnie Thu 16-Apr-20 11:03:56

A late good morning from a sunny mid-Notts. We have just had a lovely video call from DD and DGD. Missing them so much (as we all are) but it was lovely to see DGDs happy little face smiling for nanna and grandad ?. Fish planned for tea tonight - sainsbury's delivery arriving later AND the email this morning shows the flour I ordered is in stock!! Stay safe, clap for the NHS/key workers and may Thursday be kind to us all x