Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(83 Posts)
12Michael Sun 19-Apr-20 06:12:14

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice dry blue sky start here in Brackley this morning.
Today, quick trip to Supermarket .
Locally someone has done a dedicated Facebook page as to the corona virus .
Its shows who is open , which places are doing take away meals plus surgery appointment updates, which stores open and when who are doing deliveries .
Mick

Rufus2 Mon 20-Apr-20 13:49:15

copy (in blue) from the GN screen then paste
Gabriella It's happened again! Halfway through a reply, our Michelle (Bournemouth!) phones for our weekly "chat"; 90 minutes later I find my efforts have disappeared!
Never mind; I think you have grasped the wrong end of the stick (it happens a lot with my messages; must be the way I roll my "R"s) ; why would you want to paste 'From' GN? Whenever I succeed in getting that far I "Post Message" before it disappears! My original point was to create your message in Word then paste INTO GN. If things go wrong in GN as they are wont to do, then you've still got your original message saved in Word, to paste again without re-typing!! grin
Simple?
Btw. Taichinan hasn't responded so I assume she's either got it, given up or still struggling! grin
Good Health

GabriellaG54 Sun 19-Apr-20 20:20:09

I could understand being thrilled if they were birthday messages from HM, Megan Markle, the new slimmed down Adele or Priti Patel but us lot.. er...???

GabriellaG54 Sun 19-Apr-20 15:53:33

Yes please Rufus.
I don't copy/paste in word, I can somehow just copy (in blue) from the GN screen then paste.
I don't use word, no need, but thanks for the info, it might be useful.some day. grin

Grandmafrench Sun 19-Apr-20 15:52:47

Good day to everyone! (Morning completely evaporated as a result of very late night and pouring rain which has continued on and off today!)
Nothing to report, absolutely nothing happening here. We are stretched out in front of the fire with books and coffees and snoring animals.
Just wanted to say a million thank yous to all the kind souls on here and on Soop's kitchen who sent lovely messages wishing my DH a happy birthday yesterday*. He was suitably shocked and really thrilled!
Brunette wine and to Dexter/Dragonfly - keep going!
To everyone having a Wobbly Sunday or who is anxious, unwell, afraid or simply just fed up with our unplanned new life.....big hugs to you. Tomorrow's a new day, a new week, maybe a new step towards much better things and who knows - it could be a really sunshiney day! flowers

Rufus2 Sun 19-Apr-20 15:39:39

I have never known a copied post which then 'disappears' after pasting on GN, to be capable of being repasted
Gabriella Well you do now, 'cos if you were paying attention you'd have "Saved" your witty creation in Word, where it would remain forever and be available for highlighting, copying and pasting time and again.!
No retyping!
Simple! Do you want me to go through that again? grin
Good Health.!

GabriellaG54 Sun 19-Apr-20 14:37:31

Ahh... but Rufus, if you paste what you have copied, then it disappears anyway...doesn't it?
I have never known a copied post which then 'disappears' after pasting on GN, to be capable of being re-pasted.
Not on a modern android phone anyway.

Doodle Sun 19-Apr-20 14:34:01

Hello all. Hope you are all keeping well.
gillybob praying for you and your family every day. Take care.
Hope Dexter’s eye is improving dragonfly

GabriellaG54 Sun 19-Apr-20 14:32:20

Well folks, after posting on Nextdoor for anyone going to Sainsbury's, I had several fast responses...all good!?
I then looked online again to see how far into the future I would have to wait for a slot and blimey! it was like Take Your Pick.
I amended previous trolley which had some price changes and out of stock items and can now look forward to all but fresh fruit and veg arriving on Wed afternoon, £1 delivery charge.
I'm now as happy as a sand boy...so the saying goes, or should that be 'happy as a pig in muck'? ??

mancgirl Sun 19-Apr-20 14:27:33

Urmston . ???.

Mapleleaf Sun 19-Apr-20 14:13:55

Thank you for updating us about gilly, marydoll.

whywhywhy Sun 19-Apr-20 13:26:18

A late morning, well, now afternoon. Sending love and hugs to the Gillybobs. I don't like Sundays but hey each day is the same, rubbish. X

Susan56 Sun 19-Apr-20 13:24:43

Thank you for updated us Marydoll.x

Rufus2 Sun 19-Apr-20 12:38:59

Good morning all, and I GIVE UP!!
Taichinan Don't do that! smile It happens to the best of us (even me! grin) My trick is to compose my message in MS Word (any Word app. will do) then Copy/Paste into the "Good Morning" thread or wherever.
Save your message so that if the dodgy GN system fouls it up you can Copy/Paste again; saves having to recollect and re-type your carefully crafted, witty message! smile
QED

Theoddbird Sun 19-Apr-20 12:15:38

Good morning from the sunny River Lark. I did all my boat jobs yesterday. Today I have been digging leaf mould in the corner of my garden and putting it into pots ready for potting on my pepper plants and tomatoes. One large pot is for salad leaves. Haven't grown veg for years so all a learning process and trying to remember what my dear dad did... Have a lovely Sunday everyone x

Jaan12 Sun 19-Apr-20 11:52:46

Good morning from another spring like day in Fife. Got a shock last night when tried to place an order to Tesco and found no slots available for a few weeks ahead and that I am not on their priority customer list although Have been a customer for years and I am in the vulnerable, self isolating with health issues group. Seems they were not given my details for some reason.

Taichinan Sun 19-Apr-20 11:39:17

Good morning all, and I GIVE UP!! I've only gone and lost my entire and extremely well-written and witty post AGAIN!!! (I can describe it that way because nobody's going to see it now, are they ?). I have no idea what I do, but it is probably something to do with my being a fumble thumb. Anyway suffice to say ?‍✈️?? Marydoll and ?? Gelisajam and ??? to Gillybob. To all of you ???. (I think I shall write in emoji tongue in future as I haven't lost this yet!). Now garden, here I come! Have as good a day as you can everyone x

hulahoop Sun 19-Apr-20 11:25:09

Good morning from a sunny Yorkshire got my bedding out early . Just had a over garden chat with two of my neighbours .we agreed that there are a lot of strange faces walking past our windows presume it's people out for their walks using different routes . It's steak for us today . Keep safe all .

mrswoo Sun 19-Apr-20 11:20:05

It was a very misty start here in Newcastle but the sun is now out and its turned into a lovely day.
mybirthdragon and anyone else having a clear out: when all this is over your old specs would be very welcome at Specsavers. They would then be sent to Vision Aid Overseas who work with Specsavers to test and prescribe glasses to people in developing countries. All glasses are welcome including varifocals. It really makes a huge difference to people's lives.

Hymnbook Sun 19-Apr-20 11:04:55

Morning everyone . It's a lovely sunny morning in Sherwood Nottingham. Just had my Asda delivery wiped everything before putting it away. I hope everyone is keeping well. I shall try and go for a walk later on the park which l overlook.

CherryCezzy Sun 19-Apr-20 10:58:38

Good morning Mick and all of you. What started out as a bright cloudless morning has turned into a bright but cloudy affair here in the Gower.
dragonfly, the cone is clearly hard for poor Dexter but as long as it works he'll be one very happy ?,?.
I too would love to have a Sunday lunch elsewhere GrannyGravy. We're missing having Sunday lunch with my neice1 and her DH, either at our house or theirs and lunch out with all my side of the family.
Gillybob ??
Welcome Gelisajam it's lovely to meet you ?
Slow cooked belly pork for dinner later ?. We did think of getting the joint of pork we have in the freezer but it's too big to feed just the two of us ?
I didn't quite finish my non-artistic artwork yesterday, thumb was playing up too much and I am unlikely to finish it today as my thumb is swollen up like a balloon today. Never mind I'll just have to rest it today.
Looking forward to Killing Eve later, we decided not to watch the episodes on iPlayer as there never seems to be much on tv to watch that we would like to see, so we "saved" it for tonight.
Enjoy today as best as you can everyone. Stay safe and be kind to yourselves ❤️

Hermia46 Sun 19-Apr-20 10:48:46

Thank you Marydoll. Look forward to hearing from Gillybobs when she is able to post.

Mapleleaf Sun 19-Apr-20 10:47:29

Good morning all,

It’s a beautiful, bright morning here in South Yorkshire now and looks a little less breezy.

Not sure what my plans are today other than to make a chicken curry later for dinner. Maybe potter in the garden, though will need to keep out of DH way a bit as he’s repainting the outdoor table and chairs.

We had a lovely walk yesterday afternoon, and passed a few others doing the same. We were all very courteous and stepped aside to allow for the 2 metre gap between us. One good thing from this virus is that it seems to be making us all a little friendlier towards each other. Let’s hope that continues once lockdown eventually comes to a close.

Thinking of gilly and all others who may be struggling, worrying or feeling frightened right now. ?

Welcome to all the newbies who have joined us today.

GabriellaG54 Sun 19-Apr-20 10:44:14

?????Brunette

GrannySomerset Sun 19-Apr-20 10:34:50

Depressed and appalled by the mere suggestion of being locked in for a year. Surely that is just a way of softening us up for a lengthy but not that long period of restriction for the over 70s? Haven’t seen any of the family this year; we saw one lot just before Christmas and the others just after, and had arrangements for half term and Easter; I already feel that I don’t know the teenagers, and if we go for months without seeing them we will all be strangers. I just can’t bear the thought.

Bright and breezy in our bit of a North Somerset but nothing appeals. Need to have words with myself!

readsalot Sun 19-Apr-20 10:32:30

Good morning from a sunny but chilly Gloucestershire. It rained yesterday and the garden is looking better for it. Planting more seeds in the greenhouse and out for a wlk after lunch.